Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You go sit in one of the best stadiums in the world - a facility that will propel and cement Spurs' prominence for decades - and wish we didn't have the chairman we do who delivered that to you? To me that sounds like the entitled Goons we used to laugh at. I don't ever remember Yids being so spoilt. We've been long-suffering, loyal, and invested in the Spurs community pretty much regardless of results. Now the geezer who's allowed you to dream, who's helped us get a foothold at the top over the past ten years, is the object of your hate?
The term "all fur coat and no knickers" springs to mind

You go sit in one of the best stadiums in the world - a facility that will propel and cement Spurs' prominence for decades - and wish we didn't have the chairman we do who delivered that to you? To me that sounds like the entitled Goons we used to laugh at. I don't ever remember Yids being so spoilt. We've been long-suffering, loyal, and invested in the Spurs community pretty much regardless of results. Now the geezer who's allowed you to dream, who's helped us get a foothold at the top over the past ten years, is the object of your hate?
Entitled? We've won 1 trophy in 22 years. We pay the highest ticket prices around. Fans care about the club and team and whilst the stadium is nice no one shells out top dollar to look at the stadium. The geezer that supposedly allowed us to dream is a busted flush who may have done ok in the past but now stumbles from terrible decision to PR disaster with effortless ease. The foothold you speak of...we've gone from 2nd,3rd, 4th, 6th to 7th. That isn't a foothold, thats tumbling down a mountain.

What a bunch of whinging fannies. We're in the best position we've ever been with a platform to succeed, all put in place by Levy. We could easily have seen a similar trajectory to say Villa or Everton. Instead we've had huge amounts of entertainment over the past decade. We don;t have some divine right to be at the top you entitled timorous "supporters". You are Yids not fuking goon scum. Man up. Levy is not perfect, but the amount of vitriol he gets from so called supporters is a joke.
Entertainment yes,but no trophies.
Yes, you are right,no one has a devine right to silverware,but the team we had a few years back should have been in a few more finals that we were.We ,as fans pay a lot of money to watch our club ,so are entitled to moan .1 trophy in 20 years is not good enough for a club of our supposed size.

Levy didnt allow us to dream, ffs.I started watching 2 years after Billy Nich left the club,now there was aman who did allow us dream, but more importantly live those dreams.You talk as if Daniel found a local team playing in a field and delivered us top level football after a few years? The club was there,and a (trophies wise).more successful version of it.

Last edited:
What is it that makes you think Spurs should be better off now? And are we actually in a bad position at all?

What would you have done differently to Levy? Easy to critisise in hindsight. Harder to create yourself.

No doubt the man has got some things wrong. I didn't want Poch sacked, but many many did. You can't fault Levy for being ambitious, he wanted Mourinho because he wanted to deliver trophies. It was a massive mistake but he's trying and pushing. I also think Poch's transfer dealings have to take some heat. He didn't invest well and as the manager of the day he had final say.

What a bunch of whinging fannies. We're in the best position we've ever been with a platform to succeed, all put in place by Levy. We could easily have seen a similar trajectory to say Villa or Everton. Instead we've had huge amounts of entertainment over the past decade. We don;t have some divine right to be at the top you entitled timorous "supporters". You are Yids not fuking goon scum. Man up. Levy is not perfect, but the amount of vitriol he gets from so called supporters is a joke.
Didn't read your post - did you mention the state-of-the-art training ground?

The one that multiple international teams have been renting from us, adding to the money we can spend. Funny none of the other sides in London seem to be able to do this. I guess we would have done this anyway without Levy.
Yeah Chelsea must be gutted having to console themselves with the champions league win. To think with a bit more vision they could be hawking out their training facilities to Denmark.

What is it that makes you think Spurs should be better off now? And are we actually in a bad position at all?

What would you have done differently to Levy? Easy to critisise in hindsight. Harder to create yourself.

No doubt the man has got some things wrong. I didn't want Poch sacked, but many many did. You can't fault Levy for being ambitious, he wanted Mourinho because he wanted to deliver trophies. It was a massive mistake but he's trying and pushing. I also think Poch's transfer dealings have to take some heat. He didn't invest well and as the manager of the day he had final say.
We're tired of Levy,'s penny pinch
We're tired of his interference in transfers ( both selling and buying) trying to save the odd few quid on players now worth in excess of 50 million - re Grealish and demanding top dollar for the players we need to be rid of.
We're tired of being ripped off and treated with contempt
We're tired of excuses and lies
But most of all we're tired of the levy apologists who cant see what's happening and continually back a man who doesn't give a shit about THFC only where the next buck is coming from.

So your grip with Levy is he is not Roman Ambramovic?
No. My gripe is he doesn't back managers that are doing well be it Redknapp or Poch. My gripe is he is now making appalling decisions on a regular basis, appointing Mourinho, not sacking Mourinho early Feb, sacking him 6 days before a final, appointing a 29yr old, the ESL, not apologising for the ESL for weeks, crappy PR videos and a dreadful 10 week managerial search finally appointing someone we had no interest in for 8 of those weeks.

Any chance you could concentrate on the football rather than real estate assets , Daniel ? I presume it’s you .

Entitled? We've won 1 trophy in 22 years. We pay the highest ticket prices around. Fans care about the club and team and whilst the stadium is nice no one shells out top dollar to look at the stadium. The geezer that supposedly allowed us to dream is a busted flush who may have done ok in the past but now stumbles from terrible decision to PR disaster with effortless ease. The foothold you speak of...we've gone from 2nd,3rd, 4th, 6th to 7th. That isn't a foothold, thats tumbling down a mountain.
I think he was being sarcastic or ironic. No-one can seriously think he’s doing a good job any more, unless they walk the streets with a padded helmet on their head

We're tired of Levy,'s penny pinch
We're tired of his interference in transfers ( both selling and buying) trying to save the odd few quid on players now worth in excess of 50 million - re Grealish and demanding top dollar for the players we need to be rid of.
We're tired of being ripped off and treated with contempt
We're tired of excuses and lies
But most of all we're tired of the levy apologists who cant see what's happening and continually back a man who doesn't give a shit about THFC only where the next buck is coming from.
TBF, Levy's penny pinching really gets in everyone's tits when it costs us Grealish or Moutinho.

But it also saved us from some wasters named Damiao and Berahino.

Levy would have better footing if he hadn't also bought plenty of donkies. I just think supporters need to take the rose tinted glasses off on these fantasies of Spurs unencumbered by Levy's strict financial pragmatism...we'd honestly probably blown a ton of cash on shite like Everton has and be approximately where we are now.

Because our scouting has been shit for a long time.

So your grip with Levy is he is not Roman Ambramovic?
You do realize that this club cost ENIC nothing ? All borrowed money , the stadium , all borrowed apart from the 250m of £ generated by the fans . A debt that will be paid off by THFC , not Tavistock He’s on top whack wage wise. The fans have hugely invested into the club not ENIC & all the fans care about is football , not the potential of having a concert or a NFL franchise. Who will benefit if ENIC finally do sell up , yes ENIC will . That sham of a company are cheap shot opportunists & leeches . THFC is a football club first not a development portfolio , he’s lied & let us down on countless occasions, missed opportunities on the pitch caused by his vision of real estate, his “ hard “ dealings with other clubs that have made us renowned for being a headache , not business savvy.

The bloke is a fake using fall guy after fall guy to detract from the only constant of our failure in achieving success. , leech levy.

You do realize that this club cost ENIC nothing ? All borrowed money , the stadium , all borrowed apart from the 250m of £ generated by the fans . A debt that will be paid off by THFC , not Tavistock He’s on top whack wage wise. The fans have hugely invested into the club not ENIC & all the fans care about is football , not the potential of having a concert or a NFL franchise. Who will benefit if ENIC finally do sell up , yes ENIC will . That sham of a company are cheap shot opportunists & leeches . THFC is a football club first not a development portfolio , he’s lied & let us down on countless occasions, missed opportunities on the pitch caused by his vision of real estate, his “ hard “ dealings with other clubs that have made us renowned for being a headache , not business savvy.

The bloke is a fake using fall guy after fall guy to detract from the only constant of our failure in achieving success. , leech levy.
Superb post.

Back
Top Bottom