Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TBF, Levy's penny pinching really gets in everyone's tits when it costs us Grealish or Moutinho.

But it also saved us from some wasters named Damiao and Berahino.

Levy would have better footing if he hadn't also bought plenty of donkies. I just think supporters need to take the rose tinted glasses off on these fantasies of Spurs unencumbered by Levy's strict financial pragmatism...we'd honestly probably blown a ton of cash on shite like Everton has and be approximately where we are now.

Because our scouting has been shit for a long time.
I agree with this but on the flip side levy has appointed the scouting network

You do realize that this club cost ENIC nothing ? All borrowed money , the stadium , all borrowed apart from the 250m of £ generated by the fans . A debt that will be paid off by THFC , not Tavistock He’s on top whack wage wise. The fans have hugely invested into the club not ENIC & all the fans care about is football , not the potential of having a concert or a NFL franchise. Who will benefit if ENIC finally do sell up , yes ENIC will . That sham of a company are cheap shot opportunists & leeches . THFC is a football club first not a development portfolio , he’s lied & let us down on countless occasions, missed opportunities on the pitch caused by his vision of real estate, his “ hard “ dealings with other clubs that have made us renowned for being a headache , not business savvy.

The bloke is a fake using fall guy after fall guy to detract from the only constant of our failure in achieving success. , leech levy.
Think they put in around 15m to buy the club

The one that multiple international teams have been renting from us, adding to the money we can spend. Funny none of the other sides in London seem to be able to do this. I guess we would have done this anyway without Levy.
As an England fans what a cozy feeling Levy is giving us, at least if England lose we can say we played a tiny part in helping England’s opponents beat them.

What a consolation for us winning 1 trophy , the least important trophy available in 20 years , Maybe that is Levy’s masterplan, get us in the ECL, he can then say our league cup was not the least worthy trophy we could have ever won.

I agree with this but on the flip side levy has appointed the scouting network
Absolutely, 100%.

I feel strongly that Levy's biggest failings (and the reason he should go, though I know he won't) is he's a cunt who treats supporters like chattle (ticket prices at the end of last season were disgusting) and that he's failed massively to put in place and empower people on the football side of the operation, which has led to wasting much of the progress he's astutely made away from the pitch.

Think they put in around 15m to buy the club
From their own pocket ? All they seem to deal in is borrowed money

I was just reading this from 2004

TOTTENHAM Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy and his billionaire associate Joe Lewis have tightened their grip on the club by pulling off a controversial £15m fundraising.
Fundraiser!?!
Spurs says the cash is vital to buy new players and to attract a top quality manager. Levy said: 'We have got a fairly good idea who the manager will be. This additional fundraising has got to be a comfort to him.'
We had pleat in & got Santini in , of course Jol then , by luck , fell into our lap. We signed Defoe after that until next season when players of note were Carrick (£3.5m which we sold for £18m 2 years later & Robinson

What is it that makes you think Spurs should be better off now? And are we actually in a bad position at all?

What would you have done differently to Levy? Easy to critisise in hindsight. Harder to create yourself.

No doubt the man has got some things wrong. I didn't want Poch sacked, but many many did. You can't fault Levy for being ambitious, he wanted Mourinho because he wanted to deliver trophies. It was a massive mistake but he's trying and pushing. I also think Poch's transfer dealings have to take some heat. He didn't invest well and as the manager of the day he had final say.
Ban this insane wind up cunt.
Talking bollocks from a nut house.

They've pretty much confirmed this already. A multi-Sports and €ntertainment complex with an NFL franchise as the focal point.

Baffles me why so many simply brush this under the carpet.
Because anyone who brings this to a wider audience apparently has an agenda which doesn't fit the window lickers narrative.
We all know what we are to levy and enic which is a international sports company set to rack in millions with football just a part of that enterprise.

You do realize that this club cost ENIC nothing ? All borrowed money , the stadium , all borrowed apart from the 250m of £ generated by the fans . A debt that will be paid off by THFC , not Tavistock He’s on top whack wage wise. The fans have hugely invested into the club not ENIC & all the fans care about is football , not the potential of having a concert or a NFL franchise. Who will benefit if ENIC finally do sell up , yes ENIC will . That sham of a company are cheap shot opportunists & leeches . THFC is a football club first not a development portfolio , he’s lied & let us down on countless occasions, missed opportunities on the pitch caused by his vision of real estate, his “ hard “ dealings with other clubs that have made us renowned for being a headache , not business savvy.

The bloke is a fake using fall guy after fall guy to detract from the only constant of our failure in achieving success. , leech levy.

Your beef is that our Chairman is shrewd? We could have had a chairman like Randy Learner - spent money achieved nothing. You are effectively complaining that we have a clever chairman. Personally Id prefer a chairman who has created a financial foundation for Spurs to be successful long term. Levy is far from perfect and makes numerous mistakes, but the general direction he's taken us in, his intelligence, and business ability isn't something to bemoan.

The negativity and whinging has an impact. It undermines the club. It undermines the unity, and no doubt affects the way Levy operates. He has done what most fans were asking for - appointed a DoF. The truth is, our player recruitment before Poch was in control was highly effective and the envy of most clubs. One thing is for sure I'd prefer Levy running this great club rather than the moaning fans, who haven't put forward anything positive as to how Spurs could be run better.

Your beef is that our Chairman is shrewd? We could have had a chairman like Randy Learner - spent money achieved nothing. You are effectively complaining that we have a clever chairman. Personally Id prefer a chairman who has created a financial foundation for Spurs to be successful long term. Levy is far from perfect and makes numerous mistakes, but the general direction he's taken us in, his intelligence, and business ability isn't something to bemoan.

The negativity and whinging has an impact. It undermines the club. It undermines the unity, and no doubt affects the way Levy operates. He has done what most fans were asking for - appointed a DoF. The truth is, our player recruitment before Poch was in control was highly effective and the envy of most clubs. One thing is for sure I'd prefer Levy running this great club rather than the moaning fans, who haven't put forward anything positive as to how Spurs could be run better.
I’m sorry but if that’s how you read my post , it’s pretty pointless bothering . You fill your boots with Levy love

You go sit in one of the best stadiums in the world - a facility that will propel and cement Spurs' prominence for decades - and wish we didn't have the chairman we do who delivered that to you? To me that sounds like the entitled Goons we used to laugh at. I don't ever remember Yids being so spoilt. We've been long-suffering, loyal, and invested in the Spurs community pretty much regardless of results. Now the geezer who's allowed you to dream, who's helped us get a foothold at the top over the past ten years, is the object of your hate?
For FUCK sake

Your post is saying Levy has done well out of Spurs. Is that your point and why you don't like him?

My point was he is clearly smart, and has done well, but I'd prefer a smart chairman to a stupid one. I linked to an article on Randy Learner who spent $100k a day on villa! He put in 300m of his own cash. Would you swap villas last 10 years for our last decade under Levy?

Your post is saying Levy has done well out of Spurs. Is that your point and why you don't like him?

My point was he is clearly smart, and has done well, but I'd prefer a smart chairman to a stupid one. I linked to an article on Randy Learner who spent $100k a day on villa! He put in 300m of his own cash. Would you swap villas last 10 years for our last decade under Levy?
Incredible , bless you for having me going for a while . Good bit of WUM’ing

Back
Top Bottom