Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There was always an ambition in the 80’s, even the early 90’s. An intent. That’s gone, currently middling around, treading water…. I don’t think you can solely blame ENIC, Chelsea and City have made it almost impossible to challenge but it’s a bitter pill
Maybe not. But, other clubs have won trophies. Not just the oil merchants

As shown in the Harry Kane thread these last 24 hours.....

I can respect people saying we should rinse City for every penny or even those that think selling Harry would benefit the team..:roflmao:

But some of the abuse again thrown at one of our players cast as the villain because his own ambition pitifies our owners is actually quite disgusting.

The same people who backed Levy over Poch

It's no wonder our fans continue to be the laughing stock of football.
I don’t believe that Harry should be abused. Not at all.

But I also don’t buy into this ‘it’s time to let him go so he can win things’ bollocks.

My sole concern is Spurs and I will not ‘wish him well’ or hope he goes on to win trophies, nor will I follow his career. If he goes, we get the maximum amount for him, he moves on and so do we.

But I also don’t buy into this ‘it’s time to let him go so he can win things’ bollocks.

My sole concern is Spurs and I will not ‘wish him well’ or hope he goes on to win trophies, nor will I follow his career. If he goes, we get the maximum amount for him, he moves on and so do we.
Are we really gonna win things in next 2-3 years? That's his peak.

Yes, he signed 6 year contract, but what did Levy done after that? Mistake after mistake, we went from top 4 club to mediocre like Woolwich.

Are we really gonna win things in next 2-3 years? That's his peak.

Yes, he signed 6 year contract, but what did Levy done after that? Mistake after mistake, we went from top 4 club to mediocre like Woolwich.
So?

Im not defending Levy, am I.

He still signed a six year deal though, so it’s tough shit. Deal with it.

I couldn’t give a fuck what Kane wants. The second he leaves Spurs, he is irrelevant to me.

I only care about Spurs.

The problem is anything positive they have done is a few years old now. I cant think of one positive thing in the last 2 years. Its crap decision after crap decision followed by PR disaster. Surely there comes a point when a change is needed? Like a failing manager or a past it player.

so you can't remember us buying these players - weird what some fans forget

Tanguy NdombéléOlympique LyonOlympique Lyon€60.00m
Steven BergwijnPSV EindhovenPSV Eindhoven€30.00m
Ryan SessegnonFulham FCFulham€27.00m
Jack ClarkeLeeds UnitedLeeds€11.00m

Or

Giovani Lo CelsoReal Betis BalompiéReal Betis€32.00m
Sergio ReguilónReal MadridReal Madrid€30.00m
Matt DohertyWolverhampton WanderersWolves€16.80m
Pierre-Emile HöjbjergSouthampton FCSouthampton€16.60m
Joe RodonSwansea CitySwansea€12.10m

I agree. I don't want to let him go because its right for Kane but if we get at least £150m i think it would be best for us. The alternative is an unhappy player for 12 months and then selling for around £90m next summer. I've always thought we should be more like Dortmund and they know when to sell. Build a new, young team. Once Kane has left us i hope he flops but won't be booing him.

And yet, to date, Dortmund have refused to sell Haaland for mega money, despite him having a release clause that kicks in next summer.
I agree but guess thats down to losing Sancho. Generally they are pretty good. I wouldn't be selling Kane for anything less than £150m but if thats on offer, at 28 and his injury record i'd take it. If its not this summer its next summer. In an ideal world we'd sign 3 or 4 top players to play with him but it doesnt seem likely so if thats the only way we can finance a proper rebuild then it is what it is.

Last edited:
Of course it's very reasonable. It's another rant sucking off the owners 😂

A growing number of fans see ENIC as arrogant, greedy, profiteering cunts with no interest in football and only conerened with increasing their real estate portfolio and personal wealth off the back of our football club.

I've seen absolutely no evidence that you or a few others respect those views either
Anyone who still openly supports ENIC and Levy at this point in time is effectively an enemy of THFC and it’s longterm stability

I may regret even going here, but I am interested in what other people think....

I am wondering whether people think Levy's image has been contorted by subtle anti-semitism.

I have been a supporter since 2008 here in the states. When I first started watching Spurs the commentators were always calling Levy "shrewd." Levy is shrewd negotiator, shrewd business man etc. Here in the states, it just had a borderline dog whistle feel to me, calling on the typical Jewish tropes of being greedy and miserly.

Over the years, I have observed no other comments on other chairmen during matches like I have of Levy. I am curious how much the media has shaped this. Every time we have some transfer situation, like with Romero, people seem to jump on these themes of Levy being a tight wad "difficult to deal with" etc.

I am not Jewish but half of my family is and so it is hard for me to not hear the echoes of anti-semitism, intentional or not.

Who knows? Levy could be a tight ass motherscratcher, maybe other clubs make things more difficult because he is Jewish. I don't know. You don't here the same stuff about other Jewish owners, like Abramovich, the Glazers, etc......so maybe I'm not seeing clearly, but for some reason, the Romero thread really is setting off these thoughts I have, and wonder what other people think.

Not trying to stir shit up, and I am not suggesting other posters on the forum are anti-semitic. Just trying to get a sense if others feel the perception of Levy has been shaped to the point where the typical reaction to Spurs business ends up in this imagined reality that has a sort of anti-semitic feel to it.

*puts hand over face and peers through fingers while hitting 'post reply'*

I may regret even going here, but I am interested in what other people think....

I am wondering whether people think Levy's image has been contorted by subtle anti-semitism.

I have been a supporter since 2008 here in the states. When I first started watching Spurs the commentators were always calling Levy "shrewd." Levy is shrewd negotiator, shrewd business man etc. Here in the states, it just had a borderline dog whistle feel to me, calling on the typical Jewish tropes of being greedy and miserly.

Over the years, I have observed no other comments on other chairmen during matches like I have of Levy. I am curious how much the media has shaped this. Every time we have some transfer situation, like with Romero, people seem to jump on these themes of Levy being a tight wad "difficult to deal with" etc.

I am not Jewish but half of my family is and so it is hard for me to not hear the echoes of anti-semitism, intentional or not.

Who knows? Levy could be a tight ass motherscratcher, maybe other clubs make things more difficult because he is Jewish. I don't know. You don't here the same stuff about other Jewish owners, like Abramovich, the Glazers, etc......so maybe I'm not seeing clearly, but for some reason, the Romero thread really is setting off these thoughts I have, and wonder what other people think.

Not trying to stir shit up, and I am not suggesting other posters on the forum are anti-semitic. Just trying to get a sense if others feel the perception of Levy has been shaped to the point where the typical reaction to Spurs business ends up in this imagined reality that has a sort of anti-semitic feel to it.

I don't think that's the case.

Levy is the longest serving chairman in the Prem, so it's not surprising that he's very well known and talked about in the media.

He's also notoriously frugal, hence stories like deducting the cost of three Spurs shirts after we signed Modric.

Yes there are definitely negative stereotypes that could be applied, but I honestly don't think being Jewish has anything to do with how Levy is portrayed. Abramovich is Jewish and is portrayed as happy to throw cash around like confetti.

Levy's just a tight and overly cautious negotiator.

No I think he just a tight cunt

I am jewish and couldn't disagree more with this suggestion

No he and in particular Joe Lewis the owner are just tight as a flies fanny, Jewish, Catholic it does matter.

By contrast Abramovich who is also Jewish, Russian Jewish spends money like a drunken sailor, as for the Glazers their take over of Man United with debt was disgusting and whacked the club with £700 plus million of debt.

The only time I have seen Anti-Semitism has been other fans, I remember some stuff said by Chelsea fans over Modric with us refusing to sell despite their own owner being Jewish.

And has willfully made an exhibition of himself over and over and over again, in a way no other chairman has or would.

Levy's reputation has been thoroughly and personally earned.
I partly agree.

He is tight and wants a bargain but the perception that he changes the price, or moves the goal posts, once everything has been agreed is a false one.

I remember reading some other chairman saying that he is a tough negotiator but also a man of his word.

Back
Top Bottom