Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Two points / rants:

1) ENIC are going no-where. They want £2Bn. If you had that would you buy Spurs, or pay £300M for Newcastle and spend £100M on SJP/training ground and £1BN on players?

2) Levy is not integral to ENIC. I believe this is the only ENIC owned company he has a stake in, so he could sell his stake to Lewis or another investor and retire…..

I honestly believe that if we ramp up the pressure on the disgusting jellyfish he could walk away and leave Lewis or someone else to take it on… either as an ‘employed’ CEO or an investor who wants to run it for Lewis. Levy doesn’t have the wealth of Lewis outside Spurs so he will want to retire at some point

In 2016 we had the chance to sign Sadio Mane but haggled over a few million and ended up spending 30m on Sissoko in a last minute desperation deal anyway.

In 2019 we had the chance to sign Bruno Fernandes but haggled over price and signed Lo Celso instead.

Can you imagine we had Mane and Bruno in our squad now instead of those 2 (well sissoko is now gone)

In 2016 we had the chance to sign Sadio Mane but haggled over a few million and ended up spending 30m on Sissoko in a last minute desperation deal anyway.

In 2019 we had the chance to sign Bruno Fernandes but haggled over price and signed Lo Celso instead.

Can you imagine we had Mane and Bruno in our squad now instead of those 2 (well sissoko is now gone)
You've highlighted two examples. Yet we all know there are countless others, and no doubt countless more we don't even know about.

After yesterday I wanna see these apologists come out and defend these cunts. That was an absolute shitshow, that second half was so bad. I dont blame Nuno at all hes out of his depth and trying hard...This is on Levy...we havent replaced Erikson, we still havent signed a back up Striker (Scarletts not ready yet), we havent replaced Dembele either.

All you need to know about enic and levy, went into the club shop ( it was pissing down) just to have a look round ... talk about exorbitant...and there are people in there buying stuff.

Totally agree. Many on here arguing that ENIC don’t invest in the team, but the reality is that as a big club we generate enough revenue to make acquisitions (and we have done).
It’s just that we are a very badly run football club, bordering on the criminal.
This is totally on Levy’s shoulders. He’s not as good as what he thinks he is, when it comes to running a football club.

Tanguy was Dembele's replacement and its not Levy's fault Tanguy is not up to EPL
GLC was mean to replace Eriksen again not Levy's fault hes not a creative player

so we have paid out money but the guys picking the players arn't up to it, and that is Levy's fault why he has not sacked them
other problem is Levy won't take a loss on a player so we are stuck withdeadwood that we should have shipped out

Tanguy was Dembele's replacement and its not Levy's fault Tanguy is not up to EPL
GLC was mean to replace Eriksen again not Levy's fault hes not a creative player

so we have paid out money but the guys picking the players arn't up to it, and that is Levy's fault why he has not sacked them
other problem is Levy won't take a loss on a player so we are stuck withdeadwood that we should have shipped out
Levy is there to protect and grow ENIC’s investment. The football team is secondary.
It’s as simple as that.

Do you think he will consider lowering ticket prices and offering partial refunds / future credits due to the piss poor performances? He has to do something

Do you think he will consider lowering ticket prices and offering partial refunds / future credits due to the piss poor performances? He has to do something

Short answer - No. makes no business sense to do so

Although as I said on a previous thread the fact there were loads of tickets available for Chelsea at home suggests a lot of fans have had enough of the excuses. 3 years ago that woudl have been unthinkable

Two points / rants:

1) ENIC are going no-where. They want £2Bn. If you had that would you buy Spurs, or pay £300M for Newcastle and spend £100M on SJP/training ground and £1BN on players?

2) Levy is not integral to ENIC. I believe this is the only ENIC owned company he has a stake in, so he could sell his stake to Lewis or another investor and retire…..

I honestly believe that if we ramp up the pressure on the disgusting jellyfish he could walk away and leave Lewis or someone else to take it on… either as an ‘employed’ CEO or an investor who wants to run it for Lewis. Levy doesn’t have the wealth of Lewis outside Spurs so he will want to retire at some point
Fair enough, but I'd say that the more likely medium-term scenario is Lewis dying and the uncertainty of what happens then

Short answer - No. makes no business sense to do so

Although as I said on a previous thread the fact there were loads of tickets available for Chelsea at home suggests a lot of fans have had enough of the excuses. 3 years ago that woudl have been unthinkable
Quite a short term view in terms of the business sense. If apathy continues then the medium term could be very volatile

Yeah, this lot need to go. There is no hope of any progression with them at the helm.

Not only do they show a total lack of any ambition when it comes to the footballing side, they're also incompetent. I don't necessarily dislike them for being tight, most owners are unless you're a plaything, but you can't be tight and run things terribly.

Liverpool for example pretty much operate on a sell to buy basis, but they appointed well and sign intelligently. Very little money wasted. We spend very little but when we do its poorly, and our approach to management is a scattergun with no clear identity or plan in place.
This is a really good point

So much of the debate around Enic centres on how much they spend (nowhere near enough) however the most obvious reason that we need a change of ownership is because of their incompetence

Our scouting & recruitment is a joke , we have spent some big money from time to time and every single time it is a disaster

They are not fit for purpose

This is a really good point

So much of the debate around Enic centres on how much they spend (nowhere near enough) however the most obvious reason that we need a change of ownership is because of their incompetence

Our scouting & recruitment is a joke , we have spent some big money from time to time and every single time it is a disaster

They are not fit for purpose
Is the scouting and recruiting bad, or is Levy challenging and changing their recommendations? Eg only approving players that are on his loan to buy payment deferral plan?

Either way, he’s accountable but hopefully you get my point

We can argue about investment all day long but there is no argument about Levys decision making. Its been abysmal for at least 5 years now, he seems lost. 20 years is too long to be in charge of anything, let alone a high profile football club. No one is at the top of their game for that long in any industry, you run out of ideas and go stale. If we cant get rid of ENIC we at least need fresh eyes and ideas at the top.

Back
Top Bottom