Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's too easy though but that's we have opinions.

Absolutely poor decisions, players and manager-wise are to blame for us falling away from bring competitive at the highest end of the PL.

No one tell me we still don't have a squad good enough to expect to beat Southampton and Wolves.

Not one person would have predicted zero points from both games would they?

So of course the bigger picture is clear for fault and one hopes remedy bit it can't he used every time we lose a game or where do you stop?

We have a squad that will sometimes beat them and sometimes not. A squad which will be highly inconsistent across a season, so may win 4 or 5 in a row but then lose 4 on the trot after. Why? Because this level of footballers don't have that baseline level where they can be relied upon to win games even when momentum isn't in their favour.

If you expected a win today, you haven't been watching this squad closely enough. You can never 'expect' this group to win games against other average teams, it's a dice roll. Conte himself has been very clear about this, the level of Tottenham is not high, the level of this club has dropped off. We are upper mid table and nothing more. Upper mid table players are just as likely to lose or draw as they are to win games.

To think these deluded cunts thought we should be part of the breakaway with top clubs. The only thing top level about this club is the prices. And our fans keep taking it and keep filling their pockets. Fucking ridiculous but still great stadium that's the stuff that matters in football eh.

Imagine being in a super league, getting our back doors smashed in every week, with no relegation. Year in, year out. A boot, stamping on a cockeral's face. Forever.

So black and white as though we dismiss the huge investment at other clubs and only see success and great results.

It's the reason but can't be trotted out after every loss as the only reason.

Utterly pathetic.

No one was saying that when we best Leicester other than maybe John Thomas and Arcspace.

I am no apologist bit what we have is a mass of posters who go from game to game with varying positions, based on the outcome of the game they just watched.
If you consider facts to be "black and white" then yes I suppose.

When you look at the bigger picture it ultimately all falls on our ownership and their failures, to deny that is to deny objective fact.

We have a squad that will sometimes beat them and sometimes not. A squad which will be highly inconsistent across a season, so may win 4 or 5 in a row but then lose 4 on the trot after. Why? Because this level of footballers don't have that baseline level where they can be relied upon to win games even when momentum isn't in their favour.

If you expected a win today, you haven't been watching this squad closely enough. You can never 'expect' this group to win games against other average teams, it's a dice roll. Conte himself has been very clear about this, the level of Tottenham is not high, the level of this club has dropped off. We are upper mid table and nothing more. Upper mid table players are just as likely to lose or draw as they are to win games.

I know my football and never expect too much regardless..

Conte chooses wgat he wants to say about the players as does Rangnick. Maybe both say too much.

Too many posters are equating hindsight and knowledge to the acquisition of players as though there are guaranteed and numerous examples of players we could reasonably and affordably have bought..

There is no bucket load of talent or you would see it in full bloom.

My point is of course that we should have done better in terms of player acquisitions but that does not mean that anytime we lose we just trot the sane rubbish, as though new owners would be the panacea.

And in all this, no one forces Conte to play the players he does.

He is still exempt from too much criticism but it's his job to instill mentality and coaching.

That's not only about money and buying expensive players.

Wow. Shocked at another shit under levy & enic. Until they go best we can hope for is over performing & scraping 4th if the other 4th spot contenders under perform.
It’s there for the taking for some mess of a team. Yet we making such hard work of it by not giving a good manager the right tools.

Today had nothing to directly do with ENIC.

Lloris in space and Conte picked the wrong players or chose the wrong system.

Can't always go to the easy target.
Yeah right nothing to do with Levy. Who got in jose and signed Doherty. Who then got in nuno and got him Emerson. Who hasn't paid for a decent back up striker and attacking midfielder? After watching Emerson and Doherty masquerade as RWBs Who failed to get in a decent replacement..
thats right Levy...so shut the fuck up

I know my football and never expect too much regardless..

Conte chooses wgat he wants to say about the players as doea Rangnick. Maybe both say too much.

Too many posters are equating hindsight and knowledge to the acquisition of players as though there are guaranteed and numerous examples of players we could reasonably and affordably habe bought..

There is no bucket load of talent or you would see it in full bloom.

My point is of course that we should have done better in terms of player acquisitions but that does not mean that anytime we lose we just trot the sane rubbish, as though new owners would be the panacea.

Conte doesn't say too much. He's entirely correct and being honest. The fans deserve honesty, not a bullshit yes man who lies to us about the level of the team. It's very refreshing to see a manager actually just straight up say we're a bit shit. Rangnick is doing the right thing too, United have been terribly run for years and he's justified in calling it out.

There are absolutely better options out there than the ones this club have attained. If the scouts couldn't sign a better rb for near 30 mill than Emerson they should be sacked. If all we can identify is players Juventus don't want, what is Paratici being paid large amounts of money for? Anybody could do this.

We're losing because the squad has been allowed to reach this level, so the competency and ambition of the owners is very relevant. I don't think it would be nearly as discussed if there wasn't still people who somehow don't see this yet.

So black and white as though we dismiss the huge investment at other clubs and only see success and great results.

It's the reason but can't be trotted out after every loss as the only reason.

Utterly pathetic.

No one was saying that when we best Leicester other than maybe John Thomas and Arcspace.

I am no apologist bit what we have is a mass of posters who go from game to game with varying positions, based on the outcome of the game they just watched.
I've not changed my position for at least 2 years now. For us to progress i think they need to go. Doesnt mean you still cant enjoy the odd game like Leicester or Brighton and just because we're not all slagging them off after a win doesnt mean we're changing our minds. This will be the first season i havent gone to a game through choice since 1977 because i dont want to give the owners anymore money because i dont think they care about football. I still hope we win though, the 2 things arent connected.

Last edited:
Yeah right nothing to do with Levy. Who got in jose and signed Doherty. Who then got in nuno and got him Emerson. Who hasn't paid for a decent back up striker and attacking midfielder? After watching Emerson and Doherty masquerade as RWBs Who failed to get in a decent replacement..
thats right Levy...so shut the fuck up

Firstly don't insult me. That is a complete no no. Stay respectful and disagree fine but...

I haven't said nothing but not everything.

That is the terror with the whole thing. Who has spent less than uncle Joe in the premier league, the answer is the Glazers who have been a horror show for United, know nothing about football and load £1bn of debt onto the club.

Levy has done some bad things, Stratford and the ESL come to mind but selling to parasites might top the lot. Surely he has to realise his legacy of building the infrastructure up and getting the likes of Conte would be totally destroyed if he sold us to a owner willing to debt load the club with billions against their loans buying it.
You honestly think Levy cares if they load up debt as long as he gets paid. 😀
Can he be so ego driven that he thinks they are doing any good for the club? He could sell, make billions and we all move on. Enoughs enough because the only way this starts to improve is them going. Its gone way beyond 2 or 3 decent signings needednow. It just feels broken.
Nothing worse than a somewhat insignificant , non entity failing upwards .

He is still exempt from too much criticism but it's his job to instill mentality and coaching.

What players does he have to choose from? The shit one, the other shit one and tgat one you know is shit.

His hands are tied.

Deluded..you can't polish a turd. Some of these players will still fuck up. We have no decent back ups in certain positions so Conte has no real choice in who he can pick

That's not only about money and buying expensive a

Back
Top Bottom