Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Okay so the view on Levy is your business.

The easier bit to ask you and all those who say Conte needs backing is what that equates to, adding necessary context?

When is it clear that Conte has been backed? When we buy players or when we are in the top 3 or if we win a trophy or what?

And of course if we do none of the above does it mean Conte wasn't backed?
I’d say it would be clear that Conte has been backed if our starting XI has really improved . Not benchwarmers or players who make a cameo role but game changers & clarity of our direction with real intent . But as it’s happened way too many times we expect “ sell to buy “ “ difficult “ blah blah blah

If it is so bloody difficult then perhaps change your tactics

Okay so the view on Levy is your business.

The easier bit to ask you and all those who say Conte needs backing is what that equates to, adding necessary context?

When is it clear that Conte has been backed? When we buy players or when we are in the top 3 or if we win a trophy or what?

And of course if we do none of the above does it mean Conte wasn't backed?

For Conte and the players he is used about £300m minimum in the summer which ain’t going to happen. You dine at the Ritz you pay Ritz prices not McDonald’s prices.

For where we are as a squad and where we plan to go bringing in a manager like Conte we should probably be the highest spenders of any team in Europe this summer as we have the biggest gap between elite expectation (stadium/manager) and actual team but can’t see it happening.

If the club didn’t want this level of expectation of spending they should have gone full steam for Ten Hag or Potter.

Last edited:
For Conte and the players he is used about £300m minimum in the summer which ain’t going to happen. You dine at the Ritz you pay Ritz prices not McDonald’s prices.

For where we are as a squad and where we plan to go brining in a manager like Conte we should probably be the highest spenders of any team in Europe this summer as we have the biggest gap between elite expectation (stadium/manager) and actual team but can’t see it happening.
More like;
36f88218-8965-4ace-b101-a77743a4135a_233078531.jpeg

For where we are as a squad and where we plan to go bringing in a manager like Conte we should probably be the highest spenders of any team in Europe this summer as we have the biggest gap between elite expectation (stadium/manager) and actual team but can’t see it happening.

If the club didn’t want this level of expectation of spending they should have gone full steam for Ten Hag or Potter.

I think a sensible level of expenditure is hard to put a number on but let's say if Conte has now identified that be needs 5 players of particular quality for 'X' areas.

The next bit is acquiring that quality for however much. No idea on the cost but this is where you need Great scouting, to dip your hand in your pocket (against so many now so really hard) to develop talent or get very lucky.

Then and I go back to this, it's then a philosophy that the players buy into and player development.

Its a long road ahead whoever we get.

And yes I think we should have gone for Potter, Ten Hag or similar.

I'm not buying this "difficult to buy" bollocks.

It's difficult when you are being a tight fisted cunt and won't use any money on top of player sales.

Liverpool are a more appealing side for Dias to go for, but he's going to be rotated and used sparingly. He went for less than it was reported we offered.

Offer more wages and a better role in the team.

Same with Vlahovic, who probably would have been open to joining in the summer - now we will never get him. It was 62m - less than we paid for NDombele. It's so short sighted.

I don't expect us to spend money like a Chelsea or City but we do have cash. If we can shift GLC and Tanguy in the summer (as well as some of the other deadwood) we should have £150m to £200m to spend.

So fucking spend it - how much have we saved by being so frugal in recent years?

There's no long term planning either - what happens when Lloris is done? Kane is done or gone? Son?

Dias is Liverpool's contingency for if or when Salah/Mane are done. I'd love a bit of foresight and planning.

This fucking bluffer is just going to get us bargain Serie A shite and Levy is seemingly fine with that.

I'm not buying this "difficult to buy" bollocks.

It's difficult when you are being a tight fisted cunt and won't use any money on top of player sales.

Liverpool are a more appealing side for Dias to go for, but he's going to be rotated and used sparingly. He went for less than it was reported we offered.

Offer more wages and a better role in the team.

Same with Vlahovic, who probably would have been open to joining in the summer - now we will never get him. It was 62m - less than we paid for NDombele. It's so short sighted.

I don't expect us to spend money like a Chelsea or City but we do have cash. If we can shift GLC and Tanguy in the summer (as well as some of the other deadwood) we should have £150m to £200m to spend.

So fucking spend it - how much have we saved by being so frugal in recent years?

There's no long term planning either - what happens when Lloris is done? Kane is done or gone? Son?

Dias is Liverpool's contingency for if or when Salah/Mane are done. I'd love a bit of foresight and planning.

This fucking bluffer is just going to get us bargain Serie A shite and Levy is seemingly fine with that.

I don't think it's difficult to buy, we just make it difficult for ourselves because we have no strategy or long term plan.

I don't think it's difficult to buy, we just make it difficult for ourselves because we have no strategy or long term plan.

Levy’s strategy is the same as it’s always been. Buy young talents hoping to make a profit on them. Unfortunately aside from the miracle period between 2012 and 2016 we have signed only average players. Not one player we signed post-2016 is worth more now than we paid for them.

Levy does not spend one second thinking about what the football team actually needs. Not one. That’s why we let Vinicius, Bale and Lamela go and replaced them with just Gil. Another young talent that some agent probably told him would be worth £100m in 3 years. Thats why we spent £20m on Clarke and Rodon. People get in his ear saying “you will double your money on this player, trust me” and he falls for it every time.

Surely there's no support left for ENIC and Levy.

I heard a few grumbles of "Levy out, say we want Levy out" yesterday, but it never really got going. I guess everyone was too cold, wet and fed up with the shite being served up.
I kicked the glass screen in front of me when the 2nd goal went in.

Surely there's no support left for ENIC and Levy.

I heard a few grumbles of "Levy out, say we want Levy out" yesterday, but it never really got going. I guess everyone was too cold, wet and fed up with the shite being served up.
I kicked the glass screen in front of me when the 2nd goal went in.

The problem we all have I suppose is yeah, I'm fairly ENIC out. I'd love them to be out. But I don't see what replaces them.

The Premier League is an entirely different kettle of fish than it was 20, 30 years ago. In the 90's Jack Walker could buy his boyhood team and win the title with a total investment probably worth less than Davinson Sanchez.

We've reached the stage where a decreasingly small number of people and\or companies can cough up the cash required just to buy us and that's without pumping money into the squad. And out of those multi-billionaires, how many of them will be willing to actually invest on-field and how many will just be another ENIC? We're talking now about pinning our hopes on someone with the cash reserves of Bill Gates, Disney or a shady totalitarian government who wants to use us for Sportswashing, and even they can pick up shitty little clubs like Newcastle for a song anyway.

I almost feel like we're trapped in this level of medicority, and it's depressing.

I dont care what manager you hire, when 80% of the players aren't good enough and even Ferguson in his prime couldn't get a tune out of them. That's on Levy. Charging ridiculous prices for match tickets and then served up shite performances that's also on levy. Not selling the deadwood because the asking price is ridiculous,.....yes levy. Yet we still have so called fans defending them.

The problem we all have I suppose is yeah, I'm fairly ENIC out. I'd love them to be out. But I don't see what replaces them.

The Premier League is an entirely different kettle of fish than it was 20, 30 years ago. In the 90's Jack Walker could buy his boyhood team and win the title with a total investment probably worth less than Davinson Sanchez.

We've reached the stage where a decreasingly small number of people and\or companies can cough up the cash required just to buy us and that's without pumping money into the squad. And out of those multi-billionaires, how many of them will be willing to actually invest on-field and how many will just be another ENIC? We're talking now about pinning our hopes on someone with the cash reserves of Bill Gates, Disney or a shady totalitarian government who wants to use us for Sportswashing, and even they can pick up shitty little clubs like Newcastle for a song anyway.

I almost feel like we're trapped in this level of medicority, and it's depressing.
I think anyone with a different outlook would be better at this stage.

We're a "developed" club now. Anyone looking to plough the kind of money required to oust ENIC is probably going to want to take the next steps and start seeing real income from top level football. It rules out the Mike Ashleys and, indeed, the ENIC's of the world

Not selling the deadwood because the asking price is ridiculous,.....yes levy. Yet we still have so called fans defending them.
To be fair, the ONE thing around transfers that seems to have improved is that Paratici is managing to clear out players not wanted by the managers this season. The problem is the incomings, as always.

I think anyone with a different outlook would be better at this stage.

We're a "developed" club now. Anyone looking to plough the kind of money required to oust ENIC is probably going to want to take the next steps and start seeing real income from top level football. It rules out the Mike Ashleys and, indeed, the ENIC's of the world
Yeah, but my worry is that between the PL bubble continuing to, well, bubble wildly beyond anything it was when ENIC purchased us and with us so overdeveloped in terms of the stadium, fanbase, and dare I mention it but land, I worry that ENIC have just made us almost unattractive due to the price tag. Given the squad we now have, it'll take Newcastle relative pennies to catch and overtake us for example.

Yeah, but my worry is that between the PL bubble continuing to, well, bubble wildly beyond anything it was when ENIC purchased us and with us so overdeveloped in terms of the stadium, fanbase, and dare I mention it but land, I worry that ENIC have just made us almost unattractive due to the price tag. Given the squad we now have, it'll take Newcastle relative pennies to catch and overtake us for example.

The way they sell is detriment to whether anyone could, let alone would buy.
If they sell their actual assets then the price isn't as mental as some think. The new owner just buys the debt of the stadium and meets that annual cost themselves.
But ENIC are greedy. They would work out how much money they could make annually if they kept the club for 20-50 years and factor those potential profits into their asking price.

I think we need to hit rock bottom to get them out. The club would have to hit hard times where the income is so poor it's just not worth them leeching off us anymore.

Trapped is exactly what we are

Back
Top Bottom