Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty sure Conte isn’t going to get the backing he needs.

Levy is a cunt and needs to fuck off now.

Agree on the second line, but the first I am not sure about. So far we've seen him allowed to bin off our record signing and one of Levy's favourite players in the last month.

Conte has said himself that we will only bring in players he wants. Now that doesn't mean they will cost the earth, they might, but not necessarily.

But there is a fuck of a lot of work to do. We should be looking to sell 3/4rs of the squad but realistically that isn't going to happen in one window. That is on top of bringing a whole load of players in.

Honestly, if anyone thinks it will all be solved in one summer with Conte when we have had 4 previous summers of poor recruitment then I've got news for you, it won't be. No matter what bullshit we are fed. It will be a good couple of years until we can be champions league regulars again and that's if Conte stays and that's only if Man Utd don't get their act together and Newcastle don't successfully spend billions on players!

Yep. You only have to look at what's going on to realise there not interested in pushing the team forward.

People keep saying this but it's a whole load of guff.

If ENIC aren't interested in pushing the team forwards then they are faced with a dwindling asset, it doesn't make any business or financial sense if it's not in their best interests in trying to increase the player and club value and to maximise there earning potential out of the club, they are an investement company that is literally their M.O

Does being realistic make a person an enic fan? I think it does in a lot of people's eyes and lots of the nutters on twitter who purport to be spurs fans but want us to fail so Levy leaves.

Weird isn't it. I'm not pro-ENIC at all but this recent development where the proper fans (Twitter/forums/TV) have started suggesting that STs are the root cause of all our problems is very strange.

Weird isn't it. I'm not pro-ENIC at all but this recent development where the proper fans (Twitter/forums/TV) have started suggesting that STs are the root cause of all our problems is very strange.

The cause of the problem is too many tourists and people just generally lost in the new stadium. Now, I'm not one of these people who says the old place was amazing for atmosphere, there were loads of games where you could hear a pin drop. I think the Trust need to get involved in some kind of meeting with the club over it because something needs to be addressed. Fuck knows what though, bring the drummer back!?!? :roflmao:

You have to remember though that most of them complaining don't go to games regularly. If they did then it would be even worse with the moaning.

If ENIC aren't interested in pushing the team forwards then they are faced with a dwindling asset, it doesn't make any business or financial sense if it's not in their best interests in trying to increase the player and club value and to maximise there earning potential out of the club, they are an investement company that is literally their M.O
It appears that their MO is prioritising infrastructure & property . In fairness there’s probably a lot more stability investing in that than a “ finished article “ footballer who has a lifespan of 5-8 years but it doesn’t help us as a football club, which is the reason most of us are on here.

The cause of the problem is too many tourists and people just generally lost in the new stadium. Now, I'm not one of these people who says the old place was amazing for atmosphere, there were loads of games where you could hear a pin drop. I think the Trust need to get involved in some kind of meeting with the club over it because something needs to be addressed. Fuck knows what though, bring the drummer back!?!? :roflmao:

In the the words of Johnny Rotten...'tourists are money'.

They are doing the bare minimum and not doing it well

The asset to them is that stadium and the various property ventures

Surely there's no support left for ENIC and Levy.

I heard a few grumbles of "Levy out, say we want Levy out" yesterday, but it never really got going. I guess everyone was too cold, wet and fed up with the shite being served up.
I kicked the glass screen in front of me when the 2nd goal went in.

We are a passive fanbase by nature. If Liverpool fans dealt with it there would be riots, if things continue to decline there won’t be protests the stadium will simply end up empty because fans don’t care anymore.

We are a passive fanbase by nature. If Liverpool fans dealt with it there would be riots, if things continue to decline there won’t be protests the stadium will simply end up empty because fans don’t care anymore.
Yeah, feeling it too.
Give it 18 months and it'll be about 30k Son fans in the stadium who don't give a fuck what happens as long as their boy touches the ball once or twice.

The clubs Twitter account is hilarious

Hadn’t posted anything after the game yesterday, complete radio silence

And then this morning they tweet out a happy birthday message to Eriksen and nothing else since

:memelol:

In the the words of Johnny Rotten...'tourists are money'.
And our figurehead is not what he seems

levy-daniel-levy.gif

They are doing the bare minimum and not doing it well

The asset to them is that stadium and the various property ventures

What is the maximum you desire, self owner financing? 😬

What they are doing is what every owner ought to be doing, running their club self sustainably so the whatever the club makes it pays for itself. What ENIC have messed up on is not sticking to a strategy and chopping and changing which has been totally consistent in the way they do business.

Essentially we should look at the Liverpool example because FSG and ENIC adopt the same money ball model, the difference is that their strategy is clear and stick to their principals.

Last edited:
Agree on the second line, but the first I am not sure about. So far we've seen him allowed to bin off our record signing and one of Levy's favourite players in the last month.

Conte has said himself that we will only bring in players he wants. Now that doesn't mean they will cost the earth, they might, but not necessarily.

But there is a fuck of a lot of work to do. We should be looking to sell 3/4rs of the squad but realistically that isn't going to happen in one window. That is on top of bringing a whole load of players in.

Honestly, if anyone thinks it will all be solved in one summer with Conte when we have had 4 previous summers of poor recruitment then I've got news for you, it won't be. No matter what bullshit we are fed. It will be a good couple of years until we can be champions league regulars again and that's if Conte stays and that's only if Man Utd don't get their act together and Newcastle don't successfully spend billions on players!

Don't get me wrong, I've got my fingers crossed for a positive summer window...but I think anyone would be in their rights to be cynical/pessimistic about it given Levy's history.

Fair points on binning off players though.

Fans just reflect what’s going on. I have seen great atmospheres in games where we lost but the players played with balls years back. We are an average side that offers light entertainment value while we charge big money for tickets in a flashy stadium. It was always going to end up with tourists and bored fans.

Back
Top Bottom