Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the first time ever I am really having to think about whether I will renew my season ticket. Why am I paying £1300 a year to watch Emerson, Doherty, etc? I didn't buy the ticket to help Levy pay off the stadium debt. I bought it to watch good players play in our shirt. If he's not going to provide that why should I renew?

Surely he understands from a purely business point of view, that you cannot expect people to pay a premium to watch their team lose.

Then imagine if we had 1 million chinese paying members. Could happen. Noticed a load of advertising on the digital displays at the ground against Brighton which I guessed was in Chinese???
No idea what it said or who it was aimed at. But clearly not me.

Keep up the good work Daniel!! Credit where credit is due and all that.
I thought it was Korean? Noticed a lot of Korean fans at the match on Sunday.

The pre season tour will aim to increase support using Son even more I would think.

Ali Gold Q&A

TheRealMrFantastic: "What have you heard on the recently reported takeover attempt? Is it true, and if so, was it ever that serious?"

Alasdair says: "Tottenham have been quick to shoot down the recent reports of a rejected bid but it's one of those situations where they would likely do that whether it's true or not.

"Personally, while some Spurs fans have been vocal in their desire to see a change at the top, I'm not sure the time is right from a business perspective for that to happen from ENIC's side.

"The game is just coming out of the pandemic, the club is yet to tie up the naming right deal for the stadium and there are various developments still to be undertaken and completed in and around the stadium and training ground.

"From a business point of view, it doesn't seem to be the right time for ENIC to get the maximum price they could for the club.

"Daniel Levy has always made it clear the club is not for sale and the suggestions are that it would take a huge offer to sell a Premier League club that, while it is in a rut right now, has the infrastructure - particularly with the stadium and its global appeal including future NFL plans - to become a big player in the game."
Their current business plan will decrease the worth of the club . I’d say that we are on the edge of the current valuation becoming fantasy . If the squad isn’t improved, or perhaps the starting XI then we will never be sold . Unless of course the potential buyer looks at infrastructure over football which I fear is looking more & more likely .

as a young man i used to go evert home match and many away games, once i moved 2 hrs away i would pick and chose when iwould go, now i'm 3 hrs away i've only gone a couple of times to home games and its been a great feeling to see the lads live, i get to see a few away matches and that is even better as i love the singing and shouting side of watching games
but would i want to watch the football we played over last few years every home game, NO

For the first time ever I am really having to think about whether I will renew my season ticket. Why am I paying £1300 a year to watch Emerson, Doherty, etc? I didn't buy the ticket to help Levy pay off the stadium debt. I bought it to watch good players play in our shirt. If he's not going to provide that why should I renew?

Surely he understands from a purely business point of view, that you cannot expect people to pay a premium to watch their team lose.

You will renew.

100%.

I think Levy has a few choices next season.

1 keep ticket prices as they are but have large scale empty seats all over the ground and a loss of season ticket holders.

2 significantly bring down ticket prices to keep the stadium full.

3 spend huge in the transfer window to give Conte a at least top 4 team if not better to justify the prices.

You will renew.

100%.
How can you say that? Its increasing likely many of us wont. Some of us have had 22 years of these sheisters promising things and be patient whilst charging ridiculous ticket prices to watch dross. I dont trust Levy or Lewis to back Conte. They'll be loads of rumours about players to be signed just before season ticket renewal time and then nito. Once season tickets are renewed the excuses will come out same as every season. Some of us have had enough

How can you say that? Its increasing likely many of us wont. Some of us have had 22 years of these sheisters promising things and be patient whilst charging ridiculous ticket prices to watch dross. I dont trust Levy or Lewis to back Conte. They'll be loads of rumours about players to be signed just before season ticket renewal time and then nito. Once season tickets are renewed the excuses will come out same as every season. Some of us have had enough
Aren't you going to renew?

He said first time ever considering it. There’s a pattern to this*.

The first year you think it you don’t do it. You give it another year.

3-5 years later depending on the person bye bye ST.

It’s a psychological thing.
It’s how football works and it’s why we all keep going back.

Have you ever considered giving up your ST? Sounds like maybe you have?

*Unless it becomes purely financial. Then yeah you give up as you can’t afford it.

No I'm done
Bloody hell, you're one of a growing number I've seen in here say they aren't renewing.

All long time ST holders/supporters who are 'proper' spurs.

If this is replicated outside of the forum then Levy is going to have a big problem, and I'll be surrounded by selfie sticks!

I think Levy has a few choices next season.

1 keep ticket prices as they are but have large scale empty seats all over the ground and a loss of season ticket holders.

2 significantly bring down ticket prices to keep the stadium full.

3 spend huge in the transfer window to give Conte a at least top 4 team if not better to justify the prices.
he's never dropping ticket prices.

Bloody hell, you're one of a growing number I've seen in here say they aren't renewing.

If this is replicated outside of the forum then Levy is going to have a big problem, and I'll be surrounded by selfie sticks!
I like having a good moan but, for once its justified. Theres 3 of us that go up we travel up from Hampshire, 2 of us aren't renewing and the other guy is 50-50

A lot of people were saying the same thing last season, the majority of them did renew.

Maybe this season is the turning point, maybe not. Only time will tell.

If you can’t beat them then join them

I expect you to have your own selfie stick primed and ready on the opening day of next season

:levywhoa:

Back
Top Bottom