Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't disagree. That being said they are likely to still sell most tickets to popular games. They seem easy to come by at the moment, would make sense for some to just buy the individual games they can make, less hassle having to sell those you can't.

Like I say, he wont care who sits in seats and where the money is coming from.

I do think a wedge of people will questions their commitment and the value at the end of the season, what with everything else going on...
Season ticket money upfront in May vs staggered over the season won’t sit well with the miser. Will probably mean we spend even less

What's the waiting list looking like at the moment?

I imagine it is much diminished.
I don’t think there is one per se. There are hotspur + members who they count but most want early ad-hoc tickets as opposed to a season ticket. I know someone who has 62k on the list and got one last season…. I think there are 100k + members so leavers won’t be replaced by people on the list

He’s shit the bed

I’ve spent most of this season with buyers remorse, having threatened to walk away last summer before succumbing, yet again!

Am so disillusioned by modern football and by Spurs that I’m almost counting down the games until I walk away.

It’s like a morgue in the ground most match days. Day trippers up and down bowling about with coffees and snacks, clutching megastore bags full of merchandise. And that fucking Star Wars music. Fucking hell. Add to that the fucking fist pumps, hugging, huddles and the like from the players prior to KO only to fall apart inside 20 mins. Cunts

I’ve spent most of this season with buyers remorse, having threatened to walk away last summer before succumbing, yet again!

Am so disillusioned by modern football and by Spurs that I’m almost counting down the games until I walk away.

It’s like a morgue in the ground most match days. Day trippers up and down bowling about with coffees and snacks, clutching megastore bags full of merchandise. And that fucking Star Wars music. Fucking hell. Add to that the fucking fist pumps, hugging, huddles and the like from the players prior to KO only to fall apart inside 20 mins. Cunts

I could have written that. Word for word.

The fucking music! My Lord… the fake drum at Wembley was better than the high volume tinny shite that is played at an ear drum exploding level until literally the second a match kicks off. Absolutely horrendous. Like being at some teeny pop star concert. Similar crowd too.

:wansum:

I have been going Haringey Boro as well as Enfield Town for some games this season (as well as spurs shit show). I highly recommend them if you want something a bit more authentic.

Oy .. duel of the fates is fucking class.

And we'll be thrust into another mid season managerial search while another season gets written off with some bullshit DNA statement put up on the website.

It's bizarre that some people are still buying in to this shit
Then the enic fanboys will be like, but we still have Mason who was here with Conte and has learnt all his methods. So theres nothing to worry about.

Everyday that Levy and ENIC are owners of this club just makes me care less and less, I said I was walking away under Nuno, truth be told I have barely been invested even since we got Conte in, have missed more matches this season than any other in my history of supporting the club.

And it isn't even because of results, I just don't feel a connection at the moment and it's because the ownership are always trying to bullshit us about our ambitions, I just want clarity about what we are trying to be, if it's a team that competes for the PL and trophies then we aren't doing a very good job imo, we lack the direction and focus of a top tier football club.

We are being run like a lower league side and If we're trying to be a team that is happy with mid-table football then we are being ripped off quite frankly and the owners are misleading us.

It just feels like we are being run by a greedy, capitalist investment company more interested in infrastructure and events than the product of football.

The quote of "That used to be a football club over there" couldn't ring more true right now and that is down to Levy and these owners.

said it here before, mate at work used to go to Man U every home game for years, towards the end of Fergies time he took his season ticket but never went (sold his seat match by match) at end of that season he gave his season ticket up as he had not miss going to watch the games,
and they were still winning things

i'm not a levy supporter (unless he shows that all/most of the money generated by all these "tottenham Hotspur Ltd" companies goes into the football playing side of the club)
but we have spent money over the years the bale money, GLC, Nodombele, all those cheap players, the trouble has been only a few players have worked out, WHY didn't the players work out here ?
poor scouting ?
not baclground checking of players ?
wrong player for manager?
why didn't we get Bowen or Eze ?
Because he has only had 21 years to sort out the scouting set up, he needs more time . I expect us to win the league in 39 years. Spurs always win the league when the year ends in 61 , we might even do the double

From ending in 1 to ending in 61 that is how Levy has destroyed expectation levels, for me at least. That will be some year for me , a telegram from King William and Spurs do the double. I hope they have Sky in my old people’s home

Last edited:

gave up my season ticket last summer
I can still get to games and finding i enjoy the day more, rather than it being a routine as i go to less games.

Seriously fallen out of love with the stewards telling south stand to sit down, VAR stopping us celebrating goals (which lets face it is the main reason to be there) and it all getting a bit cheesy.

I think if Levy cant fill the stadium long term he may open up a larger away section than the norm

gave up my season ticket last summer
I can still get to games and finding i enjoy the day more, rather than it being a routine as i go to less games.

Seriously fallen out of love with the stewards telling south stand to sit down, VAR stopping us celebrating goals (which lets face it is the main reason to be there) and it all getting a bit cheesy.

I think if Levy cant fill the stadium long term he may open up a larger away section than the norm
Jesus not even thought of that. Similar to Fulham’s neutral section - 20K away fans cheering their team on… 15k home fans, a mix of tourists and long suffering weirdos with nothing better to do and a swathes of empty seats

One thing to say Levy / ENIC have done a magnificent job in turning us into a worldwide brand and upping our paying supporter base.

All while making our tickets the most expensive while at least on paper increasing demand.

It needs to be complimented.

What they do next will be interesting to see. Do we keep growing? Is the match day fan less and less valuable if we got say 200k paying members. Buying shirts, onesies, fridge magnets, etc etc

When Spurs moved into Wembley 2017 we had approx 70k on the ST list. I know as I got an ST being a relatively new member at just under 70k.

Think 20k went off that list to become ST holders.
My nephew was also about 70k on the list that year.

2019 we moved back to WHL he was 29k on the list.

Just checked. He’s now 22k on the waiting list.

And we now have approaching 100k on the season ticket waiting list. That’s a huge increase in paying Spurs members.

Then imagine if we had 1 million chinese paying members. Could happen. Noticed a load of advertising on the digital displays at the ground against Brighton which I guessed was in Chinese???
No idea what it said or who it was aimed at. But clearly not me.

Keep up the good work Daniel!! Credit where credit is due and all that.

Ali Gold Q&A

TheRealMrFantastic: "What have you heard on the recently reported takeover attempt? Is it true, and if so, was it ever that serious?"

Alasdair says: "Tottenham have been quick to shoot down the recent reports of a rejected bid but it's one of those situations where they would likely do that whether it's true or not.

"Personally, while some Spurs fans have been vocal in their desire to see a change at the top, I'm not sure the time is right from a business perspective for that to happen from ENIC's side.

"The game is just coming out of the pandemic, the club is yet to tie up the naming right deal for the stadium and there are various developments still to be undertaken and completed in and around the stadium and training ground.

"From a business point of view, it doesn't seem to be the right time for ENIC to get the maximum price they could for the club.

"Daniel Levy has always made it clear the club is not for sale and the suggestions are that it would take a huge offer to sell a Premier League club that, while it is in a rut right now, has the infrastructure - particularly with the stadium and its global appeal including future NFL plans - to become a big player in the game."

Back
Top Bottom