Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This club seriously has no hope. After four managers, we’ve gone full circle and we’re here with the same problems we’ve had a few years ago. Bbbbb but it’s Poch, he was exhausted. Bbbb but it’s Mourinho, he was a dinosaur, bbbb but it’s Nuno, just a shite Mourinho, bbbb but it’s Conte, he only wins if he’s backed. Fucking embarrassing how some fans still back this board. Let’s say they don’t wanna invest more than what the club sell. Ok at least fucking build a proper club structure with top scouts, coaches, academies and so on. We’re not even in top 15 in Europe on that. And we want to compete with Man City and Chelsea with Winks in midfield. Fuckin lol

They'll sell if I offer them sight of my gutting knife.
The Office Reaction GIF

i'm not a levy supporter (unless he shows that all/most of the money generated by all these "tottenham Hotspur Ltd" companies goes into the football playing side of the club)
but we have spent money over the years the bale money, GLC, Nodombele, all those cheap players, the trouble has been only a few players have worked out, WHY didn't the players work out here ?
poor scouting ?
not baclground checking of players ?
wrong player for manager?
why didn't we get Bowen or Eze ?

This club seriously has no hope. After four managers, we’ve gone full circle and we’re here with the same problems we’ve had a few years ago. Bbbbb but it’s Poch, he was exhausted. Bbbb but it’s Mourinho, he was a dinosaur, bbbb but it’s Nuno, just a shite Mourinho, bbbb but it’s Conte, he only wins if he’s backed. Fucking embarrassing how some fans still back this board. Let’s say they don’t wanna invest more than what the club sell. Ok at least fucking build a proper club structure with top scouts, coaches, academies and so on. We’re not even in top 15 in Europe on that. And we want to compete with Man City and Chelsea with Winks in midfield. Fuckin lol
All the club cares about is NFL and Property

If they put even half the energy they've put into real estate , into creating a football structure , then we'd have the best scouting network in world football

i'm not a levy supporter (unless he shows that all/most of the money generated by all these "tottenham Hotspur Ltd" companies goes into the football playing side of the club)
but we have spent money over the years the bale money, GLC, Nodombele, all those cheap players, the trouble has been only a few players have worked out, WHY didn't the players work out here ?
poor scouting ?
not baclground checking of players ?
wrong player for manager?
why didn't we get Bowen or Eze ?

We signed GLC on loan initially. TND and Sess were the summer after 2 windows where we signed no one and made money.
Average out those 4 windows - 2 with no signings 2 with some signings and the average net expenditure was under £20m per window.

You cannot compete at the top end of the table with that kind of outlay.

Our philosophy of buy young players with potential to get them cheap is failing badly too.
These players are not succeeding and clogging up the squad because we can't shift them.

We signed GLC on loan initially. TND and Sess were the summer after 2 windows where we signed no one and made money.
Average out those 4 windows - 2 with no signings 2 with some signings and the average net expenditure was under £20m per window.

You cannot compete at the top end of the table with that kind of outlay.
Nobody can argue with that mate.

As Conte said, we're 2 to 3 years behind Chelsea and anyone who thinks this can be put right in 1 or 2 windows doesn't understand football.

As Conte said, we're 2 to 3 years behind Chelsea and anyone who thinks this can be put right in 1 or 2 windows doesn't understand football.

Well in May 2019 we finished 1 point behind Chelsea. What does that say…….

Daniel Levy May 2021.

“Since we lost the Champions League Final in June, 2019, we have invested in excess of £250m in new players. Everyone had high hopes with the squad we had assembled.”

daniel-levy-tottenham-hotspur-1571250556-26616.jpg

I doubt we are getting 4-6 windows with Conte at the helm. The summer window is going to have to be the best in our history by far if we want Conte to be here for more than max next season.

This is the real issue.

No plan, no structure and spending fortunes on players who haven't got any bollocks.

We can spend more and will need to big time this summer but yes the lack of a plan means we are in constant rebuild mode.

I still have no fucking clue what Tottenham is as club. In history we are a flair team in the 60’s and 80’s, now we are whatever goes. One minute a progressive project manager working with young players like Poch, the next two low block managers then Conte.

All of them with different styles needing different players and a transfer policy that doesn’t seem to match the manager. It’s all random, we are all tactics and no strategy.

We need a top level competent DoF to manager the manager, scouting, etc and they need to be here for years and years to provide a clear plan and direction. We have to hope Paratici is that man.

Levy is not a football man, he wasn’t a player, nor a coach, he is no more qualified than you me or the Pope to appoint managers and identify/sign players. He is a good businessman and that needs to be his role forever more.

Maybe we were never really that good, we just took advantage of the years where other clubs were in transition or decline.
Basically the overall quality in the league between 15-17 made us look and feel like superstars, when it was basically other teams playing at low levels.

Edit - short term memory means I forgot about important stuff ...
I think Dier, Rose, Walker, Davies, Trippier, and Dele were all playing at their peak.
Who knows if the ones who left wouldn't have declined as much as the ones who started the season here.
We lost half a teams worth of awesome in Toby, Jan, Eriksen, Dembele, Wanyama.
But all of them seemed to work specific to the system that Poch put them in, it was already less effective from 17/18 onwards, and didn't evolve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom