Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was on the verge of jacking in my ST after last season. But the fact that my Brother in Law got one this year and 2022 is the 50th anniversary of my first game made me cave in and renew.

My BIL has realised that you no longer need an ST to do whatever games you want to attend and you can move about the stadium rather than be stuck in one place. So in all liklihood he will go back to being a member.

I've done my 50, been home and away, over land and sea, Div 2, Div 1 and Premier League, Inter-toto, Europa Conference League, Europa League and Champions League, and it is time for the younger bods to pick up the baton.

I will still go but will cherry pick my 1O or so games I bother to attend.
That's what I'll do

So it's "hysteria" to state 21 years of facts.

While it's appearently sensible to believe that THIS summer, this 21th summer of ENIC, that'll be the time when they magically stop being investment bankers and start being football professionals.
What are the facts? I’m very happy for you to deny anything I’ve written there

Do we ever reach a point when we quit blaming the manager and accept the players and the squad assembled under Levy's watch simply isn't good enough?

Pochettino: Over achieved on a shoestring budget. Sacked

Jose Mourinho: Serial winner throughout his career. Failed and sacked

Antonio Conte: Serial winner. Comes to Spurs and loses 3 games in a row for the first time in 13 years.

Maybe they are good enough to beat Wolves, sometimes. Just as they're good enough to beat Man City perhaps once in a blue moon.

But over the course of a season, or 21 years, or 14 managers, just maybe it's worth considering the root of the problem lies with people running the football club.
& even stupidly blaming the managers every time is odd as it’s levy who chooses them. But at the end of the day there’s a small hardcore group who will always defend levy & enic no matter how much further we fall. So what can you do

yeah I got one when I was about 70k the year we went to Wembley.

My mate is something like number 400 I think. He has no plans to get one!
Very similiar, I have a couple of mates who are both in the top 600-700 on the list. Neither has any interest in getting an ST for various reasons.

One has a plethora of kids and lives in the SW of the country, the other is worried he'll be stuck next to a load of cunts for a whole season, so he picks and chooses which games he goes to moving from stand to stand each time.

Very similiar, I have a couple of mates who are both in the top 600-700 on the list. Neither has any interest in getting an ST for various reasons.

One has a plethora of kids and lives in the SW of the country, the other is worried he'll be stuck next to a load of cunts for a whole season, so he picks and chooses which games he goes to moving from stand to stand each time.

I know a few people who live abroad with a place on the list as well. Zero plans to get ST.
Although one guy in America actually got a season ticket for a couple of seasons.
He gave it up due to covid and he had fulfilled his dream of going to the stadium a few times so think he was happy with that.

Are things really as bad as some say? To me this thread is a perfect example of confirmation bias, there are some people so vehemently anti Levy it seems to obsess their every thought about Spurs.

At the old ground we got 36,000, most games towards the end were sold out but I’ve been there with 25-30000. Against Wolves there were 54000, that’s a 50% increase on the old ground.

Look, Enic are far from perfect and have made some howlers but regardless of what anybody says on a forum or at matches unless someone makes an acceptable offer they won’t sell. We all know that if Conte isn’t supported by what he feels is acceptable in the summer it’s fair to assume he’ll be off, we know that, Levy knows that.

Some of the hysteria on here is a bit embarrassing tbh

Yeah I can’t imagine what some of our fans would be like if they supported a division 2 team that had never left the division. I support the club because I have supported them for 30 years and will support them for the rest of my life. Good or shit. That’s what being a football club supporter is. Honestly, fuck levy and Lewis I can’t wait for them to leave, but they won’t stop me supporting my club and cheering on the team.

There are already stories out there about how Paratici is prioritising free transfers and cheap young talents for the summer.

The pantomime of Levy “bidding” for quality players just isn’t going to cut it anymore. I’m not demanding we buy world class megastars, they don’t have to be big names. But the reality of the market now is that todays equivalent of Wanyama or Trippier, say Bissouma and Lamptey, now cost £30m+. It’s no longer possible to buy PL proven players on the cheap but Levy refuses to yield and instead trusts in foreign-based players that dodgy agents and our shoddy scouts recommend to him. The type of fees he was spending on proven PL players like Wanyama and Toby are now being spent on players like Jack Clarke and Joe Rodon from the Championship who have made less than zero impact.

When was the last time we bought a player who had shown real quality in the PL? Wanyama came over 5 years ago. Our scouting clearly isn’t good enough to source quality players from abroad yet Levy is no longer willing to buy good PL players so we end up where we are. We are no longer able to identify talent from other leagues yet we refuse to spend on PL proven players. So no surprise most of our signings turn out shit. Based on Paratici’s moves so far, he has no idea what he’s doing either. Gil is a perfect example of how we waste our money.

The strategy we are employing can only take us downwards. The transfer strategy should be a blend of proven quality and potential, not just random punts. We are signing too many players that we are having to hope will be good enough for the PL and most of them aren’t. Most players in general aren’t. Levy still doesn’t get this.

It won’t change either. I bet we don’t buy a single proven premier league player this summer.

I'll renew this year, as long as Conte hasn't already walked or downed tools to get an early sack.

When it all goes wrong this summer and we get Ally Gold sighing about how close we were etc, that'll be the straw that breaks my back

£1,200 a year and a 6 hour day is too much for this shit.

It feels as though Levy saw 50,000 people on the season ticket waiting list and expected we would sell out no matter what. If some of us get fed up, there's thousands of new mugs to fleece or a few years.
He's underestimated how many of them were on the list for early access to ad-hoc tickets.
Spot on. He employs cheap idiots too…. Who will be incapable or too scared to share data in advance of it happening. A strong commercial director would banging on his door with a report

I was on the verge of jacking in my ST after last season. But the fact that my Brother in Law got one this year and 2022 is the 50th anniversary of my first game made me cave in and renew.

My BIL has realised that you no longer need an ST to do whatever games you want to attend and you can move about the stadium rather than be stuck in one place. So in all liklihood he will go back to being a member.

I've done my 50, been home and away, over land and sea, Div 2, Div 1 and Premier League, Inter-toto, Europa Conference League, Europa League and Champions League, and it is time for the younger bods to pick up the baton.

I will still go but will cherry pick my 1O or so games I bother to attend.

I'm sure my group and I will have tickets that can be transferred to you next season - I'll even charge a lower booking fee than Dan Levy would.

What are mates for eh?
:levylol:

Raphinha
Bissouma (dependent on legal issues)
Lamptey
Konsa
Sarr

There are plenty that would tangibly improve us

But they would come at a premium so obviously won’t happen
Well that’s it isn’t it, I could add Rice, Salah and van Dyck to the list. I struggle to think of players in the league that are available to us that would immediately improve us.

Well that’s it isn’t it, I could add Rice, Salah and van Dyck to the list. I struggle to think of players in the league that are available to us that would immediately improve us.
Are you really putting those I listed on the same footing as Salah and Van dyke?

Back
Top Bottom