Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This guys an LOOK AT ME nonce but he’s bang on here

He's bang on. Another short term appeasment act to cover their arses for a few months. It will be Poch in the summer, like he'd get anymore out of this current squad. Why the hell they didnt appoint Potter or ten Hag last June, then sell Kane and start from scratch just shows they have no plan, no vision. We prefer cosplaying at a big club, a pound shop Chelsea.

This is the exact reason I wanted Potter. Don't get me wrong, I love that we got Conte but it looks like it's going to end in a trainwreck.

If we got Potter last summer we knew he'd be a manager to build something over time with limited resources. We'd probably be more patient at the stadium with less booing at half time. But because Levy got Conte it upped expectations for quicker success, but in turn Conte himself has expectations about resources which we as a club just can't or won't fulfill.

Now we're going to end up right back at the start again, with yet another search and another short term appointment. Another summer of the Harry Kane will he or won't he story. It's getting tedious.

This is the exact reason I wanted Potter. Don't get me wrong, I love that we got Conte but it looks like it's going to end in a trainwreck.

If we got Potter last summer we knew he'd be a manager to build something over time with limited resources. We'd probably be more patient at the stadium with less booing at half time. But because Levy got Conte it upped expectations for quicker success, but in turn Conte himself has expectations about resources which we as a club just can't or won't fulfill.

Now we're going to end up right back at the start again, with yet another search and another short term appointment. Another summer of the Harry Kane will he or won't he story. It's getting tedious.

Nah Potter ain't putting no pressure on Levy/ENIC, he's most likely be another manager they'd fob off, no hiding place with Antonio Conte.

Nah Potter ain't putting no pressure on Levy/ENIC, he's most likely be another manager they'd fob off, no hiding place with Antonio Conte.
What good does the pressure do exactly? You're right, Conte won't take the fobbing off, he'll just leave and we end up with another panic appointment. I hope he stays and tries to build something but he's making these noises already.

Potter can work with less resources and be more likely to hang around to build something like Poch did. This chopping and changing and instability is futile.

What good does the pressure do exactly? You're right, Conte won't take the fobbing off, he'll just leave and we end up with another panic appointment. I hope he stays and tries to build something but he's making these noises already.

Potter can work with less resources and be more likely to hang around to build something like Poch did. This chopping and changing and instability is futile.

Because it leaves everyone in no uncertain terms as to what where the problems lie, obviously we (Spurs fans) know where the problems are regardless but from the outside looking in this is very much all on the board if it fails.

Besides all that I'm 100% convinced that it doesn't matter what coach we have at the moment it's about weeding out the rot and a manager who knows exactly how to get to the root cause of it is far better than a project manager who is likely to work with the mediocrity he's been handed.

Antonio pulling no punches!

freaks-one-of-us.gif

Some on here decided that Conte was to blame for the last two performances, for leaving us with no options.

Then they question why Conte says we won’t get top four.

He sees the assorted shite we have in midfield day in day out.

Conte has realised how badly Levy has fucked us.

Now he is calling the cunt out.

This is our call to arms

Because it leaves everyone in no uncertain terms as to what where the problems lie, obviously we (Spurs fans) know where the problems are regardless but from the outside looking in this is very much all on the board if it fails.

Besides all that I'm 100% convinced that it doesn't matter what coach we have at the moment it's about weeding out the rot and a manager who knows exactly how to get to the root cause of it is far better than a project manager who is likely to work with the mediocrity he's been handed.
But it still won't change anything. We can't sack ENIC. The only thing that changes that is a bored mutlibillionaire decides they want to throw money at a football club. So until then we'll still be in the position where we end up with more short term, disjointed appointments.

I'd rather at least have a credible long term plan with a manager given a long term set of objectives to build from the ground up and give us some stability again while we're waiting for some mysterious billionaire knight in white armour to save us.

Back
Top Bottom