Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But it still won't change anything. We can't sack ENIC. The only thing that changes that is a bored mutlibillionaire decides they want to throw money at a football club. So until then we'll still be in the position where we end up with more short term, disjointed appointments.

I'd rather at least have a credible long term plan with a manager given a long term set of objectives to build from the ground up and give us some stability again while we're waiting for some mysterious billionaire knight in white armour to save us.

I dont subscribe to this line of thinking because the club have constantly changed througout ENIC's tenure, there has been year on year improvement for the majority of times since they've been in charge, wages increased, transfer budgets increased, transfer records gone etc..however as Liverpool and Everton's owners have shown you don't need to merely throw their own money at a football club to succeed and push on, it's not always about money, it's about your structure and your mentality.

What we should be asking of ENIC is for them to sort their shit out in terms of their execution and approach in the transfer market which is what Conte alluded to after the transfer window, things like where their priorities lie in terms of players/infrastructure etc...

Because getting yet another project manager who would be happy to play to the club's tune is basically kicking the can down the road yet again and we've been at this ventre for far too long.

But it still won't change anything. We can't sack ENIC. The only thing that changes that is a bored mutlibillionaire decides they want to throw money at a football club. So until then we'll still be in the position where we end up with more short term, disjointed appointments.

I'd rather at least have a credible long term plan with a manager given a long term set of objectives to build from the ground up and give us some stability again while we're waiting for some mysterious billionaire knight in white armour to save us.

Liverpool aren't run by a bored multibillionaire that throws money at their club.

The myth that only Oil clubs and clubs with billionaires throwing tons of money at them can succeed is BS.

Liverpool aren't run by a bored multibillionaire that throws money at their club.

The myth that only Oil clubs and clubs with billionaires throwing tons of money at them can succeed is BS.

Exactly, good recruitment, paying over the odds to get a player you really need on the odd occasion and investing to reach the next level.

All things levy has bottled in recent years due to his small time mentality

Some of you will know Spurs Odyssey, this is the last paragraph of Paul's latest match review. Very sad and mirrors the thoughts of many.

I am resigned to the fact that our season is over. After all, even if we manage to beat Middlesbrough in the FA Cup next month, at some point we would come up against Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea, and we would lose. I don’t even have hope these days.

Some of you will know Spurs Odyssey, this is the last paragraph of Paul's latest match review. Very sad and mirrors the thoughts of many.

I am resigned to the fact that our season is over. After all, even if we manage to beat Middlesbrough in the FA Cup next month, at some point we would come up against Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea, and we would lose. I don’t even have hope these days.
It’s the hope that kills you.

Antonio pulling no punches!

freaks-one-of-us.gif

People will still defend the owners, it's a cult for some of them honestly.

Absolutely no ability to think independently or critically about the situation.

The owners either need to completely change their strategy, back the manager and figure out how to recruit to IMPROVE the club or they need to fuck off.

I am not sitting through another managerial search and reading another statement from Levy full of false hope and lies.

Conte has exposed the reality of the situation, a reality that many of us have known for a very long time and it's time for the supporters to make a stand and let Levy know he can either change or we will make life very uncomfortable for these owners every single time this team steps on the pitch.

Fucking hell, not only does that site still exist but he still uses the same template for his match reports. Just entered a time warp there for a moment!

Toney improves the starting X1?

You’ve lost the plot mate
Doesn’t improve the 11, but that’s not what you said. Still improves us overall. Who is more likely to impact a game off the bench when we are chasing a goal on 60 mins - Toney or little Dane Scarlett?

I have no idea what point you are trying to make by peddling this tripe

But it’s not a case of me taking my pick, nobody has been able to name a player in the PL that would immediately improve us that would choose Spurs.

Rational discussion on here is impossible due to the hate for Levy.
Why do you think players from Brighton , Leeds etc wouldn’t choose Spurs ? Therein lies the problem , they don’t see footballing ambition , perhaps they talk or see that there is not a good atmosphere at the club . Other teams probably offer better wage. It all stems from the ownership

Doesn’t improve the 11, but that’s not what you said. Still improves us overall. Who is more likely to impact a game off the bench when we are chasing a goal on 60 mins - Toney or little Dane Scarlett?

I have no idea what point you are trying to make by peddling this tripe
My point is clear:

We need players to improve the starting X1, I have repeatedly asked who is available to us in the PL that does this.

Your response - Mee and Toney.

Potter is a dog.... manager, whoever think he is even in the same league with Conte need a brain check asap.
The whole project manager is a complete b. c. and never works out.
Wasn't Nuno a project manager??? How well that goes? Oh yeah he did terrible and was sacked straight away.
Our board doesn't want to spend, the squad is 95% dog....., but the expectation from the manager is super high.
Levy want top 4 or sacking is coming, but gives next to nothing to get this top 4.
There is no better manager than Conte to build a team from scratches. He already done that multiple time.
But we need a full new squad. All of our defence is dog.... We still need a top quality playmaker to build our game and another creative one, cause the season is very long. We still need a reserve striker and top quality winger.

Why do you think players from Brighton , Leeds etc wouldn’t choose Spurs ? Therein lies the problem , they don’t see footballing ambition , perhaps they talk or see that there is not a good atmosphere at the club . Other teams probably offer better wage. It all stems from the ownership
Because, for example, Rafinha would choose Liverpool before us. Just like Diaz and Traore to Barca

Back
Top Bottom