Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"We have been so focused on delivering the stadium and dealing with the impact of the pandemic, that I feel we lost sight of some key priorities and what’s truly in our DNA."

That's the closest you'll ever get to Levy admitting he fucked up the last 3-5 years regarding players/Poch

"We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent."

This is also him admitting that Mourinho was an awful mistake.

A lot of words but actions speak louder so I'm not holding my breath.

"We have been so focused on delivering the stadium and dealing with the impact of the pandemic, that I feel we lost sight of some key priorities and what’s truly in our DNA."

That's the closest you'll ever get to Levy admitting he fucked up the last 3-5 years regarding players/Poch

"We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent."

It could be classic bluff just to get us off his back,but it does sound like someone acknowledgeing they have fucked up.
We will see.Like you,i aint holding my breath.

All PR bullshit to appease the lemmings

Only his actions can speak now - words are meaningless

Does seem laughable that he was quoted in the Amazon doc as saying that "only time will tell if [sacking Poch/ appointing Jose] was the right decision".

Well, look where we are now - it's borderline negligence on Levy's part and he's barely slapped himself on the wrist.

It could be classic bluff just to get us off his back,but it does sound like someone acknowledgeing they have fucked up.
We will see.Like you,i aint holding my breath.
No club the size of Spurs has one man in charge of so much. He was in charge of the stadium, the commercial deals, the training ground updates, the transfers, the ticketing, the everything...it's impossible to do all of those things at the level required.

The only thing Levy can do at this point is give up all of his footballing responsibilities and focus solely on the commercial business aspects of the club. It's better for him, it's better for ENIC, and it's better for the club and most importantly the supporters.

This letter has done absolutely nothing to convince me that things will turn round under this ownership. In fact quite the opposite. He used the £250 million invested in the squad like its a reminder that we should thank our lucky stars that he was so generous.

How about we average that 250 million out over the years that Poch received minimal backing and also let's compare it to the other 'big 5' teams. Then let's decide whether we are lucky or not.

Back
Top Bottom