Levy Out/ENIC new poll 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy/ENIC in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 23.2%
  • Out

Votes: 239 76.8%

• Total voters
Fair point that we missed the boat on this one player ... justifiable criticism

Would you also congratulate ENIC/Levy for not buying any one of a dozen overpriced players who have failed miserably at their new clubs?

How about Sancho 72m, Ben White 60m, Grealish 100m would you have wanted those three for nearly quarter of a billion?
Daka wasn’t 100M. The point is there is value out there

Not one single person expects is to buy any of these three, it’s the arrogance and stupidity of thinking a 17 year child can lead the line if Kane is injured that’s the topic

Not one single person expects is to buy any of these three, it’s the arrogance and stupidity of thinking a 17 year child can lead the line if Kane is injured that’s the topic
Off course there is value out there - there are also a load of lemmings as well - if we all knew which was which in advance it would be so much easier, but we don't do we.

Guessing you forgot we have Son as a second striker .... he's been pretty hard to miss this season.

Yes we would like a third backup striker - nobody is denying that - but was that a priority over Gil, Royal, Romero, Sarr, Gollini ... that's a matter of opinion.

Would you also congratulate ENIC/Levy for not buying any one of a dozen overpriced players who have failed miserably at their new clubs?

How about Sancho 72m, Ben White 60m, Grealish 100m would you have wanted those three for nearly quarter of a billion?
Rather have Grealish even at £100 ,even that we could have bought him for 25 million .
Over a combined poor value Bergy 30, Le Celso 30 ? , Sess 25, Docherty 15, over £100 m pissed away .
We just do it better.

Off course there is value out there - there are also a load of lemmings as well - if we all knew which was which in advance it would be so much easier, but we don't do we.

Guessing you forgot we have Son as a second striker .... he's been pretty hard to miss this season.
He’s quality of course, but he’s not a striker. He can play there in certain games and he’s always a goal threat but not a #9. I don’t get why we didn’t bring in a young player from the championship just to add some cover. We should have bought Kane’s replacement this summer and bedded them in but I get that Levy is too frugal for that that

They would all improve the spurs squad and we could have had Grealish for 25 million if Levy didnt allow negotiations to drag on.

He’s quality of course, but he’s not a striker. He can play there in certain games and he’s always a goal threat but not a #9. I don’t get why we didn’t bring in a young player from the championship just to add some cover. We should have bought Kane’s replacement this summer and bedded them in but I get that Levy is too frugal for that that
It's a dilemma - you want to develop your own youth players, both as squad players and for the financial benefits - so is Dane Scarlett who won't be 18 until March going to benefit from some cup games, or should we bring in another youngster to give them experience? or indeed should we buy a seasoned pro who will happily take the big payday to sit on the bench for most of the season ...

Off course ideally we would buy a genuine third striker - Ings for example - and convince him that at 29 he could afford a season as back up for kane and Son ... but that's not easy especially when we don't have CL to offer as a carrot ...

I do agree we could have bought a Kane replacement for 2022 but that means we have to sell Kane this summer and that we could get the right player last summer - I mentioned Ings but he's probably three years to old - Sarr? Maupay? someone from a European league .... who would you have gone for?

How have any of those quality players 'failed' at their new clubs after 10 games?

Any of those walk into our 11

Hahahhahahahahahahhahaa

:harrylol:

Daka wasn’t 100M. The point is there is value out there

Many fans orgasm when they hear the rebuild word. They don't seem to see that Levy is only using TFC as an incubator. We take young unborn eggs, get them to hatch and move them off. They come with the "but Lionel Messi, Ronaldo, and Halaand did it ......", Argument.

Young players making it successfully into first team football is extremely rare. Else relegation teams would be getting rid of their players because there are millions of youngsters trying to get in. Look at Kane, arguably the best striker in the world, yet it took him a few loan spells to get his mojo going.

The EPL is a tough nut to crack. Few players walk in and settle immediately. It's proven the best results are from mature players with Loads of experience. For those who want to punt it, .....No The reserves is not The EPL. It is nowhere near the same.

I feel sorry for all the youngsters being forced on Nuno because we have no other alternate. Many of them will not make it, much as we want them all to become Superstars. I feel it's really unfair to expect miracles from Scarlette and Co. They are just Kids.

Many fans orgasm when they hear the rebuild word. They don't seem to see that Levy is only using TFC as an incubator. We take young unborn eggs, get them to hatch and move them off. They come with the "but Lionel Messi, Ronaldo, and Halaand did it ......", Argument.

Young players making it successfully into first team football is extremely rare. Else relegation teams would be getting rid of their players because there are millions of youngsters trying to get in. Look at Kane, arguably the best striker in the world, yet it took him a few loan spells to get his mojo going.

The EPL is a tough nut to crack. Few players walk in and settle immediately. It's proven the best results are from mature players with Loads of experience. For those who want to punt it, .....No The reserves is not The EPL. It is nowhere near the same.

I feel sorry for all the youngsters being forced on Nuno because we have no other alternate. Many of them will not make it, much as we want them all to become Superstars. I feel it's really unfair to expect miracles from Scarlette and Co. They are just Kids.
Enic fucked AEK Athens under their ownership .AEK were the big 3 in Greece , they just bought cheap youngsters from South America many from Argentina. 95% failed .
Their fans many more hardcore than here kicked them out .
They all went to church when the cunts were ran out , got a holy blessing , took the wine ( blood) and thanked Jesus for deliverance .
The orthodox priests even celebrated especially any with links to the patriarch in Constantinople.

Last edited:

There's a lot of truth in that - how many 'homegrown' are there in any of Europe's elite sides? Would you then say shut down the academy as it's sadly not going to provide what we need - or would you keep it going just in case that rare golden egg is found?

Of course the impending changes to the home-grown rule might make an academy pretty much essential, even if you don't find your own 'golden egg' you will need to buy and develop all the home grown golden eggs from everyone else, just to make your quota.

It's a dilemma - you want to develop your own youth players, both as squad players and for the financial benefits - so is Dane Scarlett who won't be 18 until March going to benefit from some cup games, or should we bring in another youngster to give them experience? or indeed should we buy a seasoned pro who will happily take the big payday to sit on the bench for most of the season ...

Off course ideally we would buy a genuine third striker - Ings for example - and convince him that at 29 he could afford a season as back up for kane and Son ... but that's not easy especially when we don't have CL to offer as a carrot ...

I do agree we could have bought a Kane replacement for 2022 but that means we have to sell Kane this summer and that we could get the right player last summer - I mentioned Ings but he's probably three years to old - Sarr? Maupay? someone from a European league .... who would you have gone for?
I would go for a young up and coming player who can play U23’s, but is actually doing bits in mens football lower leagues. I’m absolutely aligned with giving Yoof a decent chance as opposed to spending £15M on Kevin Nkoufool from France, but Scarlett isn’t ready.

There's a lot of truth in that - how many 'homegrown' are there in any of Europe's elite sides? Would you then say shut down the academy as it's sadly not going to provide what we need - or would you keep it going just in case that rare golden egg is found?

Of course the impending changes to the home-grown rule might make an academy pretty much essential, even if you don't find your own 'golden egg' you will need to buy and develop all the home grown golden eggs from everyone else, just to make your quota.
Academies have their place. In schools, pupils in the same class, receive the same education. Not all will make it to rocket scientists, but the school is necessary in order to find out what the child's abilities are. The kids that don't make it, still find a place in the system, be it a cleaner or manager. All are necessary in order to help the system use the scientist to his full potential.

If you look at Chelsea, Liverpool, and City, they are like Oxford or Harvard. They select the best kids, look after them financially and help them reach benchmark goals.

Spurs is more like a private community colledge. They search for youngsters who will be able to get their degrees but won't necessarily be the cream of the crop.
If they find a child that would possibly be one of the top, they would happily entertain a transfer to Oxford or Harvard, providing they get adequate renumeration.

We must face facts. We no where near Top 6. It's not Levy's model. Levy won't want to win the League or cups because it would result in salary increases. Spurs being "Just average", allows for "Just average salaries". If we make it to the top 6, we get a little extra. Levy is a real estate Mogul. He doesn't Love Football. The soon er we make peace with that, the better our lives will be.

If you look at Chelsea, Liverpool, and City, they are like Oxford or Harvard. They select the best kids, look after them financially and help them reach benchmark goals.

Spurs is more like a private community colledge. They search for youngsters who will be able to get their degrees but won't necessarily be the cream of the crop.
If they find a child that would possibly be one of the top, they would happily entertain a transfer to Oxford or Harvard, providing they get adequate renumeration.

Think you will find the Spurs academy is the equal of any other in the EPL both in terms of facilities and the number of professional players it produces ... not sure what you base you assertions on.

Where Chelsea gain is buying highly expensive 18/19/20/21 year olds who have already been developed by other academies, neither they or Liverpool produce significantly more 'homegrown' 12 year olds than Spurs do.

FYI - Southampton currently top the list of former academy players in the EPL with 8 ... Chelsea have 7, Spurs and Liverpool both have 4 .... Man City have 3 (corrected) ....

Last edited:
Think you will find the Spurs academy is the equal of any other in the EPL both in terms of facilities and the number of professional players it produces ... not sure what you base you assertions on.

Where Chelsea gain is buying highly expensive 18/19/20/21 year olds who have already been developed by other academies, neither they or Liverpool produce significantly more 'homegrown' 12 year olds than Spurs do.

FYI - Southampton currently top the list of former academy players in the EPL with 8 ... Chelsea have 7, Spurs and Liverpool both have 4 .... Man City have ZERO ....
Man City have 2 of their academy players in their PL 1st team squad.
Phil Foden and Cole Palmer.
Ben Mee at Burnley is a product of man city's academy.

Man City have 2 of their academy players in their PL 1st team squad.
Phil Foden and Cole Palmer.
Ben Mee at Burnley is a product of man city's academy.
You are correct - clearly my data is a bit out of date - it's good to see even at arguably the best squad in the country academy players still have a chance - maybe only 1-50 but a chance.

I know a lot on here have something against him but I think his videos are great. No nonsense and destroys some of the absolute drivel I often see posted on this very forum

If by something against him you mean they don’t like racists then yes I guess a lot on here have “something” against him.

It may surprise a lot of you internet warriors who frequent this forum and like nothing more than picking holes in THFC, our manager, our squad, our teenage players etc and wailing about how shit everything is, but I voted “ENIC OUT”. Here’s why
1. The question is only ENIC In or ENIC Out. There is no other option. For example “Keep Enic but they need to improve”
2. There have been mistakes. No one can deny that. I thought Poch went too soon - he needed more time. I didn’t think Mourinho was the right replacement etc. To not spend any money on the team because the construction cost of the stadium was blowing out was a mistake.
Anyone in business knows you make mistakes. I’ve hired some total duds in my time. I’ve accepted some shit gigs. Hell I’ve had a bunch of “Mr Wrong“ relationships. To err is to be human, as they say.
3. I think ENIC have helped to put us on a very even keel. If we were still in the old WHL with 33k gate receipts we would be falling behind financially with all of our rivals every game right now.
Only an idiot would say how ENIC progressed the stadium and drove all levels of government to spend money on improving the surrounding infrastructure has not laid the foundations for THFC to be at the top table.
4. A shit signing here or there doesn’t make ENIC shit. Indeed many of the underperforming players were signed by Poch.

BUT, if there is a better owner out there to take Spurs forward I’m for it. Maybe Bill Gates who is the worlds greatest philanthropist suddenly finds a love for a football club in N17? Who knows?

But I don’t want a despot. I don’t want a funder of terrorism and that includes Sinn Fein, Noth Korea, most of the African and Middle Eastern nations (Travel Rwanda anyone?) or for that matter Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, China, Indonesia or any of the other nations whose way of life is built on corruption.

I don’t want much, right?

barbra streisand barbara GIF

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom