Levy Out/ENIC new poll 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy/ENIC in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 23.2%
  • Out

Votes: 239 76.8%

• Total voters
Does anyone know who could potentially buy the club, or who they might want? Mike Ashley has been looking to sell on and off for a while and hasn't found a buyer. It's not so easy. There was a serious offer from a Saudi group recently, but this was stopped because of ethical problems with the buyers. Who might come in to buy Spurs and is there anybody that might be better? People are very critical of Levy and I understand some of that. Especially this week, this move has been outrageous. I'm wondering if the owners need punishment for this, because it was ludicrous. But is there a better option out there that we know of? Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side. If somebody knows of a potential buyer, that might be interesting.
At the price the club would require its reprehensible oil despots, dodgy ex-soviet billionaires, and American styled hedge fund investment conglomerates.

That dodgy ex-soviet who owns DAZN might have room in his schedule for a new project now that the ESL is gone.

Maybe. Would be good to see. I just don't know that the level of furor will sustain.

Still, would like to see some movement on forcing real reform. A real look at how to get to a 50+1 sort of situation...I think it can be done, just think the German model isn't directly achievable. Some approximation is, though.
Any fan I know is heading to the game tomorrow night to let the bald one know their feelings, but your right can the fury sustain, only time will tell....
Forget what we thought of Levy in the past , this guy isn’t an honourable man that is plain to see now, and to have any self respect left he can not be allowed to lead this club for much longer no matter what candy he throws out to us.....
No matter what we think of the EPL or UFEA we must look at our own house before we talk about them, and it’s simple, Levy and Lewis are not what this club is about.....

50+1 is a decent idea, this is certainly a wake up call to all football fans....150 years of this institutional game can be destroyed by one move bold move by a few big corporations....

Football is basically a microcosm of what big businesses are doing the world over....

He can take his nasty business tactics and ugly mug out of Spurs. The ESL power play did it for me. Have mostly been ambivalent to him and have turned a blind eye to his cuntishness. Even supported the bald little snake.
But coat tailing true European giants when he has delivered fuck all in our trophy cabinet even on a domestic level? Nah. Fucking chancer.
piss off you cunt

Any fan I know is heading to the game tomorrow night to let the bald one know their feelings, but your right can the fury sustain, only time will tell....
Forget what we thought of Levy in the past , this guy isn’t an honourable man that is plain to see now, and to have any self respect left he can not be allowed to lead this club for much longer no matter what candy he throws out to us.....
No matter what we think of the EPL or UFEA we must look at our own house before we talk about them, and it’s simple, Levy and Lewis are not what this club is about.....

50+1 is a decent idea, this is certainly a wake up call to all football fans....150 years of this institutional game can be destroyed by one move bold move by a few big corporations....

Football is basically a microcosm of what big businesses are doing the world over....
So you're looking for billionaires with honour?

I'm usually happy to support Levy just cos of where we were in the 80s and 90s to where we are now but now I think he has to go.

However, I still give him the benefit of the doubt with this in that I think any owner would have said yes to the ESL invite.

He took the risk it would happen and that it would pay off. It hasn't and he should go.

But I'm under no illusions that most owners would have said yes. Anyone currently in the Prem would have said yes. It's easy to take the high ground on something when not invited. They're all hypocrites.

I think on the whole he's been a positive for us but his time is up now.

Who do people want to buy us:

1. an investment firm through a leveraged buyout who will take millions of pounds out of the club via dividends each year (like the Glaziers) or

2. A natural resources billionaire with questionable ethical morals who uses us a play toy.

My preference is 2 but 1 is so much more likely it’s untrue. Unfortunately we are a bit fucked new owner wise.

Better the devil you know - from a mid table near bankrupt going nowhere club to one of the top twelve in the world - is it really that bad?

Sure he's a bald cunt, but he's our bald cunt, you need someone as CEO who thinks about the money with his head not his heart.

Do we want a Glazier/Kroenke/FSG? do we want Sheikhs or Oligarchs? do we want an Ashley, Srivaddhanaprabha, Jisheng, Sawiris or Harris?

We all know the grass always looks greener - but just how often is it?
Jog on, ENIC bot

1. an investment firm through a leveraged buyout who will take millions of pounds out of the club via dividends each year (like the Glaziers) or

2. A natural resources billionaire with questionable ethical morals who uses us a play toy.

My preference is 2 but 1 is so much more likely it’s untrue. Unfortunately we are a bit fucked new owner wise.
3. Rich Yank backed by solid investors and a deep bank account at JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs who is keen to invest and actually win shit in order to grow the brand much like Fenway did

2 is better than 1, 1 will always need a return on their money.

3 isn't really different to 1 - both looking maximise returns on their money
3 is also interested in growing the brand and winning silverware not just maximising profits

The current maggot-snake would be happy to never win shit as as we always made Top 4 so he can milk CL money - basically Korenke circa 2008-14

Back
Top Bottom