Levy Out/ENIC new poll 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy/ENIC in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 23.2%
  • Out

Votes: 239 76.8%

• Total voters
I’ve been pro ENIC but with an empowered DoF. However, the past 2 years, this season and this week show what an utterly useless and corrupt bunch they are. We’re taken for mugs by them. We’ve allowed ourselves to be turned from being fans, from being the club, to being mere expendable patrons of an entertainment retailer - and not a very good one at that. Fuck ‘em all.
Me & my trusted joan tried to warn you all :mourpoint:.
But we welcome all who have seen the errors of their ways.:dierpochhug:

Here are some of the quotes written on the walls of the local community centre we hire out for our monthly club meetings.
But its not all boring! As proven by my cheeky anagram game for the quoted :adegrin2:. You can expect more high jink if you join our club.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause & reflect".
_ a _ _
_ w _ i _

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men".
_ _ m _ e _
_ _ _ m _

Even if you are a minority of one or two, the truth is the truth.
_ _ h _ _ m _
_ _ n _ _ _

Majorities, of course, start with minorities.
R _ _ _ r _
_ o _ e _

When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.
_ u _ _ n _
v.
_ e _ s

"Truth always rests with the minority, and the minority is always stronger than the majority, because the minority is generally formed by those who really have an opinion, while the strength of a majority is illusory, formed by the gangs who have no opinion".
S o _ _ _
k _ _ r _ _ _ _ a r d

"Women and minorities have excelled beautifully in comedy, but very few women are the lead in a drama".

Oops! Not sure how that one got in there!

Whether the club has debt or not is irrespective of the matter. The total investment ENIC have contributed is irrespective. You can't devalue the property and force them to sell 50% of the company for 50% of what they paid for it 20 years ago.

You have to buy it at the current valuation of the club. Fair enough you can subtract whatever debt still is attached to the club from that valuation. Still, you're not bringing the value of the club down anywhere near what a "membership" setup will be able to purchase. You'd have to allow multiple shareholding up to 10-20% or more.

And remember, every other club on the pyramid would be listed at the same time. The number of investors each club will attract will then be limited a bit more.

You can't just reverse engineer German 50%+1 without nationalizing football and taking the clubs from their ownership. Which is basically the antithesis of how we do anything else in democratic capitalism, and would absolutely jam up the courts for years.
A hostile takeover is a thing of beauty.....

100% boycott of the club and these guys will sell quicker than you can say European Super League.....

100% boycott of the club and these guys will sell quicker than you can say European Super League.....

It's about protesting inside and outside ground.
It's targeting other ENIC assets.
It is about making their life uncomfortable
It is about making him a motivated seller.

All whilst staying within the law.

Its doing a Liverpool against Hicks and Gillette

Last edited:
Wait. They ain’t the same person? I always saw them like Tyler Durden.
The 1st rule of levy/enic out club, is we do not talk about levy/enic out club. The 2nd rule of levy/enic out club, is we do not talk about levy/enic out club.

It’s Only After We’ve Lost Everything (our club). That We’re Free To Do Anything (take it back by any means).”

A hostile takeover doesn't really work for a privately owned company.

Really bizarre that you, of all people, are basically calling for nationalisation of football.

Mr. Hyde....you do realize that you're Dr. Jekyll?

:avbcringe:

Other owners may have had the wisdom and foresight that this thing was going to go bust almost instantly.

PSG saw it.
Even I knew it wouldn't get off the ground. Was obvious. Neville called it on his rant as well. Levy isn't as smart as people seem to give him credit for.
As Tomo Tomo Said levy gambled on it & it backfired. Time to die on his sword!

I take absolutely no pleasure in random poll results on here mate

anigif_sub-buzz-26545-1550621760-1.gif
I must also confess, I hate to say....

I TOLD YOU SO !

A hostile takeover doesn't really work for a privately owned company.

Really bizarre that you, of all people, are basically calling for nationalisation of football.

Mr. Hyde....you do realize that you're Dr. Jekyll?

:avbcringe:
It does when the company is crumbling around the owners feet....as the company (or football club in this instance) continues to bleed money and devalues in the stock market....In football terms that’s a “hostile takeover” or “get the fuck out of my club”

It does when the company is crumbling around the owners feet....as the company (or football club in this instance) continues to bleed money and devalues in the stock market....In football terms that’s a “hostile takeover” or “get the fuck out of my club”
But financially Spurs have weathered covid better than almost any other club. I don't see where the devaluing is gonna come from? I don't think there will be mass action now.

And so was your defending the indefensible over the last couple of days, and even now
Its been good in a way. As even after this, it has shown that people still backing levy & ENIC, will back them no matter what. They will always defend them & support them even if our club keeps paying the price for their mistakes. In fact the more cock ups they make, the more they double down on their support of them.
& in my eyes, it highlights more & more that they are enic & levy fans as much as they are spurs fans.

But financially Spurs have weathered covid better than almost any other club. I don't see where the devaluing is gonna come from? I don't think there will be mass action now.
It’s season ticket and membership renewal time for one, new kit launch not too far away....The fans of this club, like any club have all the power, if they choose to use that power of course....
Football is like nothing else on the planet, once it’s fans are united in a single cause they usually get what they want...just in the past 24hrs football fans collapsed a £5bn Super league and beat down the 12 richest clubs in Europe, Levy doesn’t stand a chance if the fans turn on him.....Sorry, if the fans do their job I mean....

It’s season ticket and membership renewal time for one, new kit launch not too far away....The fans of this club, like any club have all the power, if they choose to use that power of course....
Football is like nothing else on the planet, once it’s fans are united in a single cause they usually get what they want...just in the past 24hrs football fans collapsed a £5bn Super league and beat down the 12 richest clubs in Europe, Levy doesn’t stand a chance if the fans turn on him.....Sorry, if the fans do their job I mean....
Maybe. Would be good to see. I just don't know that the level of furor will sustain.

Still, would like to see some movement on forcing real reform. A real look at how to get to a 50+1 sort of situation...I think it can be done, just think the German model isn't directly achievable. Some approximation is, though.

I'll say this; every time this bullshit question has come up in the past I've rolled my eyes.

This feels different. I think he has exhausted his credibility at this club and it's time for a change of owners or representation.

Better the devil you know - from a mid table near bankrupt going nowhere club to one of the top twelve in the world - is it really that bad?

Sure he's a bald cunt, but he's our bald cunt, you need someone as CEO who thinks about the money with his head not his heart.

Do we want a Glazier/Kroenke/FSG? do we want Sheikhs or Oligarchs? do we want an Ashley, Srivaddhanaprabha, Jisheng, Sawiris or Harris?

We all know the grass always looks greener - but just how often is it?

Does anyone know who could potentially buy the club, or who they might want? Mike Ashley has been looking to sell on and off for a while and hasn't found a buyer. It's not so easy. There was a serious offer from a Saudi group recently, but this was stopped because of ethical problems with the buyers. Who might come in to buy Spurs and is there anybody that might be better? People are very critical of Levy and I understand some of that. Especially this week, this move has been outrageous. I'm wondering if the owners need punishment for this, because it was ludicrous. But is there a better option out there that we know of? Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side. If somebody knows of a potential buyer, that might be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom