Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Each to their own I suppose - some people like midgets pooing on them.

The pollution, litter and filth everywhere, endless sirens going in the background, over populated, over priced, generally rude and miserable people - are the main things that make me never want to return. There is a crime problem.. if you want to compare it to the most crime ridden places in the world to make yourself feel safer, that's fine.
Education standards are poor - it's not a great place to raise a kid in my opinion.

Still find myself there 2-3 times per month because it offers so much - just no thanks to living there.
NIMBY???

Can't agree with you there. It's still a great city to live in. Culture and sports Mecca. Wonderful places to live. Compared with any American city it's practically crime free! Our police don't go around shooting black folks. We have marvelous food, pubs etc. Best theatres in the world. I agree with old Doc Johnson. " The man who is tired of London is tired of life."

Fair, but the London you experience as a guest is nothing like the London experienced by the people who do live in it.

Barring if you are wealthy in the 2 digit millionaire bracket or you are being fucked by a member of the house of Windsor.

Much relieved after last night, but this is Anfield. We are never allowed anything there.

We will once again be cowed by their reputation and the intimidation of Officials. Being Spurs we will concede early, offer a short, piss poor period of resistance before collapsing swiftly followed by the inevitable humiliation.

Their shithouse fans will go on and on about European Cups whilst waving ridiculously contrived banners, which will be a backdrop to the usual media Klopp wankfest.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a masterclass in reverse psychology.

Fuck 'em.

Good result last night against an average and passive team which won't be the case weekend I will be surprised if we concede less than three, however the TV and phone will be off so those gloating Woolwich and west ham mates of mine can't run it in.

Good result last night against an average and passive team which won't be the case weekend I will be surprised if we concede less than three, however the TV and phone will be off so those gloating Woolwich and west ham mates of mine can't run it in.

Either way I see it as the last game before we really start to judge if we are going to return to the anything approaching competent.

It's obviously on Pochettino but the players have their pride and what better statement than stopping the red tide.

Can't agree with you there. It's still a great city to live in. Culture and sports Mecca. Wonderful places to live. Compared with any American city it's practically crime free! Our police don't go around shooting black folks. We have marvelous food, pubs etc. Best theatres in the world. I agree with old Doc Johnson. " The man who is tired of London is tired of life."
I agree about the culture etc Spanners. Great theatres, places to visit, museums etc.....but to say it's virtually crime free?? Have you been living on Mars for a while?! Stabbings nearly every day fella. Sometimes 2 or 3 a day. No matter where you compare it to.

Either way I see it as the last game before we really start to judge if we are going to return to the anything approaching competent.

It's obviously on Pochettino but the players have their pride and what better statement than stopping the red tide.
True but we know what is going to happen and I'm prepared for the worst.

I agree about the culture etc Spanners. Great theatres, places to visit, museums etc.....but to say it's virtually crime free?? Have you been living on Mars for a while?! Stabbings nearly every day fella. Sometimes 2 or 3 a day. No matter where you compare it to.
If it were one stabbing per day in Greater London, which it isn't, that would give you a chance of at least one in nine million of being a victim. Fairly healthy odds, I'd say. And that's not taking into account the other factors that may decrease the risk to you. The odds against me being a victim are probably more like a billion to one.
Fact is the lazy old media know that a stabbing is a nice easy headline, so they let us know every time there is one.

I’m expecting a dodgy penalty at one end or the other...(and maybe a little bit of casual racism based on their Origi banner this evening).

They’re a team at the end of a great run-they’ll underestimate us; if we can press and score early, no ridiculous defensive cock-ups, no dodgy diamond...plus Sissoko owes Mane something for the blatant kick against the arm in the CL final.

Back
Top Bottom