Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ahh you are referring to distance measured in league points not actual positions. Fair enough. :thumbup:
I wasn’t, it was JohnnyS JohnnyS , nonetheless, how can being in 5th in both scenarios be the same?

It’s simple enough. We could be in 10th - 3 points off top 4, or we could be 5th, 20 points off top 4. As Johnny says, league position is meaningless at this stage of the season. I thought you would have grasped that Boro. Maybe takes the blinkers off? :)

Anyway Borodin55 Borodin55 before your time mate, but we once had a thread arguing whether it was more of an achievement to finish 4th with 69 points, or 5th with 71. I was ill at the time and it certainly kept me entertained whilst I was eating grapes by the ton.

Absolutely hate this fixture, it's always the one in the season where I think anything but an ass whupping is a good result...

I'd go with Gazza; Aurier, Dav, Jan, Davies; Sissoko, Ndombele; Lamela, Dele, Son; Kane.

Subs: Austin, Foyth, Rose, Winks, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Lucas.

The team that started on Tuesday deserve to start again, providing there's no fatigue etc. Aurier and Davies are probably going to get torn to shreds by Mane and Salah but sadly they're probably still our best options at this point. I'd also keep Dav and Jan at the back as even though they're dodgy as fuck too, Toby has been nothing short of abysmal this season and I honestly wouldn't trust him in a game like this.
Sissoko worked surprisingly well as the deeper of the two midfielders on Wednesday and Ndombele flourished with the freedom Sissokos work rate and ability to cover ground afforded him. I do fear Sissokos ineptitude on the ball and discomfort receiving the ball when pressed could be shown up much more against a team that puts him under real pressure however.
Then the front four should remain the same as well, with very good options on the bench to replace them if need be.

This is a massive opportunity to really kick our season into gear and end those Scouse pricks unbeaten run while we're at it. The ghosts of AVBs final game continue to send shivers down my spine but I'm confident history won't repeat itself. Here's hoping anyway...

COYS

Errm doesn't that distance from top four relate to our league position then ????

Well, the table is quite tight right now so it doesn't really matter if we're in the bottom half of the table (to provide an example) as long as we're just a few points away from the top 4. A good run would solve that problem provided it happens. Even in our current form, top 4 is still a realistic objective, but we need to show some consistency. So far we haven't, but I won't panic if we don't get a result at Anfield. I don't think our season will be defined by this game, but then again, I could be wrong.

We prepare for this game in 7th position, I wonder where we will be in the league as the team runs onto the pitch Sunday. Need a draw at least but have to go for all three points to try and keep them under pressure defensively. It's not an impossible task if they all get their head's down and concentrate. Just no early cock ups please.
:coys:
:pochshock2:

Ok Borodin55 Borodin55 I see you’ve logged off (aka weaselling out of it). Have you ever wondered how far it might go if you admitted that you are wrong occasionally? It would certainly make you more human. Why not draw on those experiences as a human resource executive or whatever you were? Avoiding uncomfortable truths isn’t a talent, but it seems to be important for you.

We’ve tried to rub along together for a couple of weeks, but I fear we’re both trying too hard, so I’m going to put you on ignore before any genuine unpleasantness occurs between us. I hope your dreams come true and Pochettino is summarily shot at dawn on the morning after the Liverpool game, but after all he’s done for us would you begrudge him a lie in?

Goodbye old chum.

Ok Borodin55 Borodin55 I see you’ve logged off (aka weaselling out of it). Have you ever wondered how far it might go if you admitted that you are wrong occasionally? It would certainly make you more human. Why not draw on those experiences as a human resource executive or whatever you were? Avoiding uncomfortable truths isn’t a talent, but it seems to be important for you.

We’ve tried to rub along together for a couple of weeks, but I fear we’re both trying too hard, so I’m going to put you on ignore before any genuine unpleasantness occurs between us. I hope your dreams come true and Pochettino is summarily shot at dawn on the morning after the Liverpool game, but after all he’s done for us would you begrudge him a lie in?

Goodbye old chum.
Why not look at how many times I have apologised or 'agreed to differ' with posters on here before being so quick to condemn.
I like to think of myself as one of the most easy going, amicable and polite posters in here and will always proffer my regret if I feel I have offended or been mistaken regarding someone's posts.... as many on here can testify.
I even apologised to yourself quite recently for accidentally giving you a 'funny' response and duly amended it but we'll conveniently forget that shall we ?
Your opinion of me I therefore regard as totally unjustified but being put on ignore by yourself solves the problem admirably.
Goodbye old chum.

Last edited:
We need to stop always playing like we have 4th to lose. We were a more entertaining team before we expected to finish in the CL places. We were a better team before we expected to finish in the CL places.

Completely erect for this game.
Still 34 hours until kick-off. How's it going?

In my experience it's a lot harder after you've had a sleep. Keep it up mate, keep it up.

We're right behind you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom