Lucas Bergvall

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks promising with bags of potential. That's as far as people's evaluations of him should go.

He has never played at this level, he'll take time to adjust. But you just know that people will write an 18 year old kid off after a couple of poor performances.

Last 2 fixtures before he takes a break before joining up with Spurs preseason on 1 July :

Mjmallby v Djurgardens Saturday 25th May @ 16.30

Djurgardens v Hammarby Saturday 2 June @ 13.00

Lucas Bergvall opens up on his chat with Postecoglou and his favourite position​

Bharad Thirumalai

Bharad Thirumalai

Tue 21 May 2024 11:30, UK

Lucas Bergvall has spoken about his upcoming adventure at Tottenham Hotspur and linking up with Ange Postecoglou during pre-season.

With the campaign only getting underway a couple of months ago, it means that the midfielder would have two pre-seasons in quick succession.

The 18-year-old admitted that while he is currently focused on finishing strongly with Djurgardens, he is excited about linking up with his new teammates at Spurs soon.

Bergvall told Football.London: “I’m trying to do my best here for the supporters and for the team. I have three games left so I’m trying to put all my focus here and playing the best I can so I can come into Tottenham in good form.

“Then I have another pre-season. It’s a double pre-season for me! In Sweden you have three or four months of pre-season from January to April when the league starts. So I’ll have another one but I’m not going to complain! I can’t complain!

“Tottenham have done a really good job with that and have offered me a few extra days so if I want then I can take that, but I think I have two or three weeks off, so that’s good. I”m going on vacation with my family and girlfriend. I’ll have my last game against Hammarby and then I go on international duty for maybe 10 days and then I’ll start at Tottenham on July 1 so I’ll have some rest first.

“It’s fine though, I love this. I love football but it’s good I suppose to rest mentally and get your energy back. It’s going to be a really exciting new season, with a lot of good impressions to make on a lot of new people so I have to be mentally prepared.”

Lucas Bergvall on his conversation with Postecoglou​

At Tottenham, Bergvall will link up with a manager in Postecoglou, who provides plenty of freedom for his players to take risks and someone who is not afraid of giving opportunities to younger players.

When asked about his conversation with the Australian, the midfielder said: “It was a really good conversation. He’s a really honest and kind man. We talked and he was really happy and me too of course. It was really great.”

The Swedish youngster is quite well-rounded, possessing good vision, a decent passing range, strength, dribbling ability and being a good ball striker. It remains to be seen where he will be deployed by Postecoglou.

When asked where he sees himself fitting at Spurs, Bergvall responded: “I like to have the ball at my feet and do lots of running. I play midfield, but I can come out on the side and get the ball, but we haven’t talked about that so much. I’ll be a midfielder I hope!”

Ahhh so stats matter here. I assume you’ve watched the match and know the stats match the eye test too eh
Nope definitely not a watching Swedish football. I’m not into stats but if he’s only gave the ball away once with a long pass in a game of football then that is excellent for a midfielder. He’s not a pass sideways guy which makes it even more impressive.

Everything he does is positive in that video. Can take it in tight areas and take players out the game. Looks very mobile. His range of passing looks good rather be like Biss who can only play ten yard passes.
What’s really impressive is the weight of his passes to cut teams open.

Whether he comes in and features straight away I’m not sure but we look as though we have talent on our hands. Maybe this is the bit of flair we need along with Maddison.

Everything he does is positive in that video. Can take it in tight areas and take players out the game. Looks very mobile. His range of passing looks good rather be like Biss who can only play ten yard passes.
What’s really impressive is the weight of his passes to cut teams open.

Whether he comes in and features straight away I’m not sure but we look as though we have talent on our hands. Maybe this is the bit of flair we need along with Maddison.

I’m not expert at football talent ID but he’s clearly ready physically. Kid is a unit and strong but also has enough burst and understanding of angles to take defenders out of the game.

It’s going to be about how fast he can adapt to the speed of decision-making and how fast he can get up to speed with the fitness to run at that tempo for 90minutes.

Back
Top Bottom