Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

what a s*it display yesterday from Moura. Either
- misplaced pass
- ran into 3 defenders, though sometimes got a foul
- or passed it backwards to closest player

No vision, no ability, no directness.

Bergwijn is 2 heads above him in my books, can't wrap my head around how he stayed on for 81 minutes....
Yea, hew was tracking back... but should that be 1 criteria when picking RM/RW???

His stats from the game -
-pass accuracy 10 out of 20 - 50% (!!)
- key passes 0
-disposessed 2
- bad touch (lost ball) 2
- tackles 2
- dribbles 1
- shots 1
- fouled 3
- fouls 2

So, it is enough to make 1 shot (off target), draw a foul 3x, lose ball for 4 times, make 2 fouls and complete 10 passes over 81 minutes ?!?
Also by WhoScored rating he was our worst player yesterday and our 3rd worst in Sheffield game with Sanchez and Davies having lower ratings then.
Also - since Christmas period he has played 13 almost full games + 2 times 45 minutes. And all he got to show for it is 1 assist. Daylight theft!

Faster we'll get rid of him (until everyone have not noticed how awfully medicore he is) the better. Berwijn deserves his minutes way more and quite honestly I'd be 10x happier to see Sessegnon to get those minutes.

I can accept the shit football under Jose but I'm struggling to accept Lucas starting every match. Yes he works his nuts off, closing down effectively, and yes he can carry the ball and draw fouls. But that really is it and it's not enough specially when we have Bergwijn. The Brazilian Theo needs to be sold to raise some money

To me Lucas is a bit like Sissoko. He runs around but does he really know what he’s doing with the ball?

Just like with Moussa, there is a direct correlation between his run in the starting XI and the overall decline of our football. I think even an average player like Chadli had more technique and intelligence, even if he was much lazier.

There just aren’t enough ballers in our team right now, the decline of Dele and the departure of Eriksen and Dembele has pushed our former reserve players into the starting XI and the end result is predictable.
Why is our manager playing him then, the question needs to be asked.

I mean it’s not like he’s doing anything more defensively than Bergwijn does either. They both track back well but one is actually good going forward and the other is not.

I actually thought he had one of his better games yesterday. But overall his lack of goals or assists is an issue, he's becoming a bit like Aaron Lennon.

Like Dele, he's one of those players that struggles to do anything when the team is in poor form. When we bought him, he looked a solid 10-goal-per-season type, he had 15 in all comps in 18-19. But sadly he's really gone cold as our overall play has gone to shite.

I can accept the shit football under Jose but I'm struggling to accept Lucas starting every match. Yes he works his nuts off, closing down effectively, and yes he can carry the ball and draw fouls. But that really is it and it's not enough specially when we have Bergwijn. The Brazilian Theo needs to be sold to raise some money

I would think that’s on the cards this summer along with a few others

Prime Lennon was the bollocks though.... 10-15 goals a season and he'd have been an elite wide-man.

He wasn't selfish enough.

Lennon in my opinion was a superb finisher - but he would always prefer to square the ball or give us the better chance to score goals.

Lennon is one of my favourite Spurs footballers of all time. When he got the ball, you got out of your seat.

He wasn't selfish enough.

Lennon in my opinion was a superb finisher - but he would always prefer to square the ball or give us the better chance to score goals.

Lennon is one of my favourite Spurs footballers of all time. When he got the ball, you got out of your seat.

Work-rate for days too....

Good finisher, but felt he had a pretty tame shot on him.

People didn't chat about assists so much back then, but I wonder what his goal contribution numbers were like when he was at his best.... I suspect he'd have up there in terms of his position.

Back
Top Bottom