Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he wasn’t a bad buy as I don’t think he was too expensive.

Without his big moment, I think he would be considered underwhelming. Obviously it was a HUGE moment though.

Definitely not our worst signing but nowhere near our best either.

Likeable chap. But how is this even news ? We have known this for five months at least.

The fucking stake of our media department

( I am not knocking Lucas. It’s a lovely video and his emotion is nice to share. It is the timing and cynical nature of that timing I am pushing against. Not him )

Last edited:
Because when a player that gave us our most glorious moment in recent years is heading into his last home match in our shirt, you gas him up a little.

It's good marketing actually.
Don’t get me wrong. He’s earned his place in our history. Nothing bad to say about him.

But my point remains. We have known about this for months. There are two games to play and there is absolutely no reason this cannot have breathing space at the end of the season. It’s not a shock, it’s not “new” news and therefore it’s distraction and marketing and cynical timing ( again not having a go at Lucas in anyway )

Last edited:
This is true and in my opinion that’s mostly because he didn’t really have any tricks… his only move was to touch it to the side and beat a player with pace and agility… much easier to do when you have the option to go both directions and aren’t restricted by the touchline like you are out on the wing.
Agree but you can still do that out wide. It’s much harder to carry the ball thru the central areas, duck knows how he managed it

That whole 18/19 season was good for him and puts him down as a cult hero.

He got a double in a win at Old Trafford. Got that all important equaliser at the Camp Nou, scored the first ever hattrick at the new stadium and of course the hattrick in Amsterdam.

Overstayed his welcome and probably should've been sold at the beginning of the 20/21 season.

He was also one of the brighter sparks during Jose's time.

And this:

Would ya be well. One game against Ajax doesn’t make his spurs career better than ledley. Great goal yesterday but I’d a been happier if he didn’t score and had a put the ball out of play against Liverpool or not got a red against Liverpool and we would have had europa league next season.
Glad that spurs don't have "Europe" again next season to go through the motions and get knocked out before the quarters..

At least gives the new manager some focus on rebuild and domestic tournaments , and also Levy has to do less wheeling and dealing when it comes to transfers as the club trajectory is clearer without any "CL fog"

Glad that spurs don't have "Europe" again next season to go through the motions and get knocked out before the quarters..

At least gives the new manager some focus on rebuild and domestic tournaments , and also Levy has to do less wheeling and dealing when it comes to transfers as the club trajectory is clearer without any "CL fog"
This is true. I would have taken Europa ( would have papered over the cracks though) but the conference league isn’t for a team of players like ours who think it’s beneath them.
Just hope the new coach isn’t Rodgers.

Would ya be well. One game against Ajax doesn’t make his spurs career better than ledley. Great goal yesterday but I’d a been happier if he didn’t score and had a put the ball out of play against Liverpool or not got a red against Liverpool and we would have had europa league next season.
What REALLY finished our season we're late goals at Soton and Everton. That cost us 4 points, enough said!

Back
Top Bottom