Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How I'm still married after last night I'll never know.

I've never been through such an emotional rollercoaster watching Spurs - honestly, it was the most insane 90-odd minutes of my football-watching life.

As soon as Sterling's goal went in, the red mist hit me like a tonne of bricks - I was just screaming "NO, NO, NO, FUCKING FUCK OFF" - the wife said it was like the end of a criminal minds episode when the psychotic killer gets caught before he can off his last victim 🤣

I stormed out of the room, ran upstairs and just screamed into a dark room for a good 30 seconds, something about why always Tottenham and cheating oil money fucking pricks.

Opened twitter to see the fallout, only to find out the goal had been ruled out - pretty sure my heart actually stopped at this point.

An unbelievable effort from the players and say what you like, but Llorente has scored some BIG goals for us - fair fucking play to the bloke.

COYS still buzzing :sonlol:

D4YxPAuW0AAtLRQ.jpg

And likewise any team having to go to the Nou Camp to get a result, go one down and then actually do it and should have won it

We are special no doubt about it

Walking wounded for Saturday
Tbh I don't really care ..we are three games from something I never believed I'd see in my lifetime with a completely genuine chance of winning Europe's major honour,
Play the under9s

Cold light of day, we really rode our luck to extreme levels last night. Ironic that Poch's best moment was probably one of the worst of his from a tactics perspective. For the first 70 minutes I must have shouted PUT WANYAMA ON DEBRUYNE about 100 times at the TV. We know City plays a system with doubling up wide men so... why the fuck wouldn't we tell Rose/Trips to stay zonal? For 2 years under Poch we played Dier in a role where he'd drop into central defence if needed - if we're not man marking KDB then at least do that with Wanyama or Sissoko. Virtually all of our problems from the first minute to the last came from allowing DeBruyne time on the ball, and falling for the inverted wingers overlapping with fullbacks trick.

Still, we won. Fuck knows how. Don't really care. Magical night, amazing scenes and I've done literally fuck all work this morning because I can't clear my head from the result.

COYS.

Mum's birthday so must give her my attention today. Will post more when she has her siesta. For now just need to keep the feeling alive as I still feel that it was all a dream. If that had been a Roy of the Rovers story, you would shake your head at the editor's wild imagination. More drama than anything TV or film could dream of. Obstacles galore to manoeuvre. Really thought the world had come to an end when Sterling "scored", real despair, which turned into unmitigated joy on it being disallowed. Every emotion under the sun in the space of an hour and a half.
Realised that this post is all over the place. ....just like me, really. Enjoy every minute my fellow supporters, the thing I love most is being a Yid.
:tobyarm::dierpochhug::kanegoal::levylol::pochlol::sonlol::freundgoal::ossie::ledley::ledley::king:

VHB to yer ma.... My Dad's bday today too.... I'm out of town but he's got a day with the grandkids so happy as larry. :)

This is brilliant. You know this was the reaction on hundreds of thousands of pubs, living rooms etc across the country.

Us and United fans ending up smiling.

Fucking poetry in motion. And to think that prick wore our shirt and walked out onto the Lane. Nice reminder why I won’t listen to TalkSport while they pay his wages.

Cunt.
The thing that gets me with that...a whole newsroom celebrating that they thought we had lost. (I get Cundy...he may have played for us, but he is a chav at the end of the day)

It's the rest of them. Doesn't lend it's self to neutral coverage.

The worst fucking thing about all of this is that I don't even know a single Man City fan whose face I can rub this in.

I fucking do and it’s no use them turning phones off etc either as I know where they live

They reckoned it would be over by half time

Plastic cunts

Joking aside, and as lovely as last night was, they're gonna try and tear us a new one on Saturday, aren't they?
Batten down the hatches boys, it could get messy!

Personally, I'd settle for a dull 0-0!!!

I absolutely insist on a scratchy last minute 1-0 win thanks to a dubious ref decision.

Sodium replenishment.

Cold light of day, we really rode our luck to extreme levels last night. Ironic that Poch's best moment was probably one of the worst of his from a tactics perspective. For the first 70 minutes I must have shouted PUT WANYAMA ON DEBRUYNE about 100 times at the TV. We know City plays a system with doubling up wide men so... why the fuck wouldn't we tell Rose/Trips to stay zonal? For 2 years under Poch we played Dier in a role where he'd drop into central defence if needed - if we're not man marking KDB then at least do that with Wanyama or Sissoko. Virtually all of our problems from the first minute to the last came from allowing DeBruyne time on the ball, and falling for the inverted wingers overlapping with fullbacks trick.

Still, we won. Fuck knows how. Don't really care. Magical night, amazing scenes and I've done literally fuck all work this morning because I can't clear my head from the result.

COYS.

I was continually shouting STOP GIVING THE FUCKING BALL AWAY but right until Eriksen at the last gasp we kept on doing it but who cares today??

The thing that gets me with that...a whole newsroom celebrating that they thought we had lost. (I get Cundy...he may have played for us, but he is a chav at the end of the day)

Yeah that station is full of Woolwich fans and people like Cunty. Paul Hawskbee and Danny Kelly might be the only Spurs fans. Alan Brazil has a soft spot for us too.

Their Poch agenda, Kane and Alli should leave etc is so transparent.

Makes that video so much sweeter.

Apart from the guy at the end who gave Cunty stick

Would buy him a drink anytime

Back
Top Bottom