Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That there above is a classic case of false equivalence. Like counting Magpies and stepping on cracks in the pavments and good things happening. He is a poor player. I dread to think what Mane would have done to him at Anfield. Shall we look at the quality of oponent them wins with him in the side were against? It odd the hate for Aurier has invest Matt with such responsibility. He is easily the number two RB whatever Serge's manifest faillings.
Imagine hating a player so much that hours after we won a difficult game 3-0, you slag him off for not playing against Liverpool in a game we lost anyway.

:harrylol:

Think you are spot on prehaps we feared Aurier would get the Milan move and rushed the deal. Bare in mind Jose's first choice was the lad that went to Leicester. We took a punt but we clearly need another better option than either.

I think that’s probably close to spot on. We were thinking Serge would leave and it was a financially restricted summer with COVID and no UCL so we went for an affordable PL option.

Don’t mind the process at all, just hasn’t worked out perfectly. He’d be a fine backup, all things considered he’s probably worth about what we paid for him.

You know that doesn’t even make sense right. No matter how many laughing harry emoji you use. "You slag him off for not playing in a game we lose" Once we run that through a universal translator we'll get back to you. I asked to imagine him against Mane. See that's simple: no pace poor positional play poor in the air same rash decision making as Aurier. By all means keep pretending he is a better player whilst he keeps playing against Ludogrets and Haifa, Jose clearly knows the limited Aurier is better. Imagine still pretending he is not because you "hate" :auriergrin:

I never said I hated Aurier. I rate him quite highly.

Don't put me in the same melt basket as yourself. I'm happy supporting Spurs and our players. Not moaning when we win.

He was meant to go to the dressing room after being sent off. Hope standing there does not lead to further punishment although the 4th official should have dealt with that.
To be fair, it was so near the end, and (as some would have you believe) he's SO slow that he probably wouldn't have made it back to the dressing room before the FT whistle anyway!

Why would I care about what Aurier has done in December of 2017 when this season started last year?

We don't do that with ANY other player at all.
Because it's a bigger sample size, and a better indication of what is likely to happen.

For a while there it seemed he'd finally got his head in gear, but it was only about a half dozen games.

Said it before and I'll say it again. We should have kept walker Peters by not signing this guy and spending that money for Hojberg.
Yeah I completly agree with that . Walker-Peters has looked superb this season although would Southampton have just sold Hojbjerg for cash without Walker-Peters?
Still think Doherty is a bad signing.
He was average today and that's the problem its 8th Tier Marine , if he can't look good against them what hope does he have of performing against better oppostion.

I'm super angry right now but even so absolutely shocking signing. When you consider we let Walker Peters go for the same fee roughly it's just fucking shocking business.

Back
Top Bottom