Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You thought aurier should of come off over doherty? Worst player on the pitch tonight and that takes some doing to be the worst in amongst that shower. Although in fairness PEH aside any player really could of been pulled and not complained one bit.
Aurier was no better than Doherty in the first half. And it was Aurier, who was just standing staring into space, that let Mane through to set up the first goal.

They were equally pish.

This guy had COVID not so long ago.
Its known to possibly have long term respiratory effects after infection.
Whilst he should be ok as a top level athlete, fine margins mean everything at the top level.
I think we will see him kick on later in this season.
I hope so. I'm all for giving a player a full season to break in but so far he's offered us very little. When I see he's starting I feel a bit nervous.

Thanks for taking the time to post those stats.
Can you just update TFC as to the number of times you pursed your lips and congratulated yourself while compiling and posting them?
It really doesnt take that long to check stats. You go on any website that has the fixtures for when a player has played. You count for both player in under 2 minutes and done.

With Doherty he seems to lack the ability.
Pay close attention. When the ball is switched to him he nearly always heads it or plays a first time pass in situations a better FB (or even Serge) would control it and then drive forwards or play it. He doesn't trust his ball control. That's a big deal for a team who has to break teams down.

Just read through that thread on Twitter. Holy fucking shit.

Am I a racist because I think Aurier is shite? I thought I thought he was shite because he’s shite, not because he’s black.

I think Tanguy is great, but now I’m not sure I should in case I’m positively discriminating.

But Sissoko is shit too and he’s black.

Maybe I’m two thirds racist?
Will have to have a look at this :sonhmm:

Doherty was never going to fit our system
At Wolves he played as a WB but his main form of getting goals and assists was late runs into the box (something like Dele) at times he played as a 2nd ST in the box.
He wasn't getting goals/assists from beating his man and putting in a peach of a ball he was getting his goals/assists either from set pieces or late runs.
That was never going to work in a back 4 and I'm not sure why we didn't see that coming but more importantly Mourinho..

This is our best starting eleven when counting for wins per 90 is:

Hart
Doherty - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Reguilon
Winks -White
Bale - Ndombele -Lucas
Vinicius
Pretty sure that's our Europa League team lol
EL team are doing their job well, more than an be said for some of the PL team in recent weeks

Here’s a fun fact, he’s played 90 minutes 16 times and we’ve:
W13 D 2 L1

In those 16 games we conceded 16 goals and kept 6 clean sheets

How come the paperwork is only valid for Dele?
a) Against crap oppostion

b) Since I've seen you spend the whole day defending Dier I know I can't take your opinion seriously on crap players.
(although I agree with you on Dele)

Who said he was a starting top 4 defender?
He’s come into the squad and done his job when called upon but that’s a reason to slag him off.

Love this notion that when back up players do their job so we can actually trust them to rotate, it’s seen as a negative because “it’s only WBA”...

How dare he have a good record in the games he’s been used in
Way to go playing revisionist history. He was brought here to be a starting RB given Aurier's unreliability. Are you intentionally doing it or did you really not realize that was why we brought him in?

I'd have much rather kept our younger more "solid" backup RB and invested that 11 and more for a starting level RB this season.

We had a great transfer summer. Doherty was a blip. That and not getting in a starting quality CB.
And? That doesn’t change the fact he’s doing a good job in the cup team now

He cost fuck all and people expecting Lahm

Back
Top Bottom