Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he had potential wouldn't have gone to a shit club and stayed shit

This one simply wasn't meant to be, mate
Hes not shit, he was just another option that could have been better than Doc last night had he been integrated over the last 4 years

And some people said he was vastly superior to the guy that’s about to win La Liga

Even if he was bought as a CF, it doesnt justify the total lack of awareness and low football iq he exhibited against fulham.

The same ball was pinged over his head again and again. All he had to do was move a bit closer to the target to discourage the pass, but instead he made Andersen look like Bonucci
He is not a good FB, agreed! As you say, he actually doesn't really have the required natural skills for a FB...and last night demonstrated it again in case anyone was still wondering!

But my point is that he was a RWB at Wolves and we haven't seen him there enough at Spurs...do you think he'll be OK at RWB? Or do you feel that he is done and dusted here entirely?

Not trying to be contentious, just curious if anyone else feels like he hasn't been properly deployed yet.

4th and CL final mate
Let's get this right. In his last season he was very bad.
He made so many errors leading to goals and his attacking output went down

But I'll say a few things
- He was clearly fatigued
- He had some injury issues
- He would still provide more of a threat down the right than Doherty.

I was glad when Trippier left because I thought we could upgrade , I guess our upgrade on him was Dogerty - sigh.

Not shocking, just coping with inconsistencies and injuries

Doherty was shocking
Whether ones a fan of Tripps or not, has to be admitted that World Cup fucked him more than most of our players .... who suffered a hard season then a hard summer

he was worn out and had that groin injury what seemed like all season

looks like a Rolls Royce of a player compared to this fella

Cunt isn’t going anywhere - he’ll bleed us dry like Lamlea. Whoever sanctioned his transfer should be charged criminally
Lamela has been unlucky. He’s was on last night and has the odd game, can’t fault effort. Doherty won’t play any better than last night, and he was woeful.

could scout a league 1 player better suited than him for 100k. Awful recruitment

Doherty, Vinicius, Gedson all Mendes/Jose stitch-ups that deserve closer scrutiny. Something dodgy going on there with these players ending up here..

I'll be interested to see which Mendes players he manages to pawn us off with this summer.

Beating a dead horse here but KWP is miles better than Doherty at RB and it saddens me he didn't get more of a chance with us. Feel a bit bad slagging a compatriot but we should try to convince Wolves to take him back in the summer.

Eh, Doherty was okay last night. Nothing spectacular. But certainly not a trainwreck.
Thought on first watch that he had a fine, inoffensive performance. On rewatch he's not egregiously bad but clearly not a PL level RB for many reasons.

Back
Top Bottom