Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am waiting for the BBC article to say it's a miracle Salah is even playing after nearly being killed in the champions league final.

I think journalists just go for the easy story, although Kane is a supreme athlete, he reminds me of Chris waddle, in that he often looks tired and worn out on the pitch.

Truth is waddle was also a fit athlete, same as Kane. Not often I agree with Alan shearer but I think with no pre season some players take time to adjust from international to domestic football.
That's a really good comparison... although Waddle did kinda master the art of looking like he was about to physically drop to the floor, and that his legs weighed more than an "American Feeder's lifetime project" just before going on a mazy run and scoring another Goal of the Season contender...
I honestly think waddle did it deliberately sometimes, just to hoodwink the opposing defenders!

That's a really good comparison... although Waddle did kinda master the art of looking like he was about to physically drop to the floor, and that his legs weighed more than an "American Feeder's lifetime project" just before going on a mazy run and scoring another Goal of the Season contender...
I honestly think waddle did it deliberately sometimes, just to hoodwink the opposing defenders!
I think I read somewhere (years ago) that he did just that. What a player he was to watch - I was very lucky to see him live at the Lane. Like a Geordie version of Bale with a mullet.

Luis Figo was like that as well. Could look like he was dead on his feet only to set off like a cheetah the moment an opponent got too close to him or some space towards goal opened up.

I find it funny that they mention ‘elite clubs’ Barca, real, PSG and Bayern.

Maybe we’re on a journey to becoming an ‘elite’ team. It’s what always fucks me off about Andy Goldstein on TS. He always talks like it’s 08. So if United are shit - who do they take from little spurs to get back where they belong? is his general mantra. Cunt. It’s like a rule - united have to be good forever and spurs should know their place. And the official permanent standings come from when United were the best.

I find it funny that they mention ‘elite clubs’ Barca, real, PSG and Bayern.

Maybe we’re on a journey to becoming an ‘elite’ team. It’s what always fucks me off about Andy Goldstein on TS. He always talks like it’s 08. So if United are shit - who do they take from little spurs to get back where they belong? is his general mantra. Cunt. It’s like a rule - united have to be good forever and spurs should know their place. And the official permanent standings come from when United were the best.
We have someone one here with a little band of followers who believe exactly that. We will never be an elite club and should know our place, lube up and be ready for when the proper big boys come calling.

So new contracts at Man Utd only impact on Spurs?

Tottenham fear Luke Shaw's new Man Utd deal could swell players' contract demands

Chelsea have 7 players contracts expiring 2019 and 6 in 2020
Liverpool have 5 players contracts expiring 2019 and 6 in 2020
Woolwich have 5 players contracts expiring 2019 and 2 in 2020
Man City have 3 players contracts expiring 2019 and 8 in 2020

Spurs have 4 players contracts expiring 2019 (all over 30) and 2 in 2020

Yet we're the club that needs to be worried about wage demands ... seems fair ....

The way Martin Tyler and Alan Smith commentated on Spain V England, was as if it was Spain V Spurs! They both got excited whenever Spain attacked, barely celebrated England's goals, and when Ramos elbowed Harry Kane in the back of the head they both went SILENT!

Every time we lose it's an opportunity to give an airing to the well-worn observations about how we didn't buy any players during the summer and we haven't won anything and we need to or everyone will want to leave and fill up an article without any effort. There's a point there I guess, but I have lost count of the amount of articles I've read saying the exact same thing. It's as tired as a RAWK poster saying that Harry Kane has claimed every single goal that has been scored so far this season and acting like it's the funniest and most original joke ever.

To RAWK that’s probably true

:pochbye:

So new contracts at Man Utd only impact on Spurs?

Tottenham fear Luke Shaw's new Man Utd deal could swell players' contract demands

Chelsea have 7 players contracts expiring 2019 and 6 in 2020
Liverpool have 5 players contracts expiring 2019 and 6 in 2020
Woolwich have 5 players contracts expiring 2019 and 2 in 2020
Man City have 3 players contracts expiring 2019 and 8 in 2020

Spurs have 4 players contracts expiring 2019 (all over 30) and 2 in 2020

Yet we're the club that needs to be worried about wage demands ... seems fair ....
Those clubs are already spending this type of money on their players though.

Back
Top Bottom