Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm a fan over in Australia, so largely miss much of the media skull-fuckery, unless I go about looking for it (would rather drag my bare anus across a strip of thumb tacks, in the fashion of a hound). But, I do occasionally listen to the five live podcast. Today I thought I'd do just that to revel in the win over the nomads. Instead it is "poch is definitely going to man U". Barely a mention of the match. I'm fuming. Cunts. The lot of em.

Yes Alan Smith saying Spurs use "every trick in the book" to waste time, never once stating how the Arse were diving non-stop and bending the rules with late challenges which the referee (and commentary) conveniently missed.

Woolwich are purely relying on cheating for success, they have been for years when Wenger was in demise and he would be allowed to lecture the 4th official with no punishment from the FA because Sky, the financiers of the PL, support Woolwich.

Had Woolwich won would Sky have stayed for another hour gloating instead of ending virtually straight after the match with repeats of programmes they had scheduled later??? See photo.
uTXeBfX.jpg
Oh and the Whyte-Parker fight (a preview of an old fight??) was earlier this year which Sky have scheduled out of nowhere to NOT show Spurs celebrating....
LOL at this. I was waiting for the semi final draw, and suddenly wondered why I'm watching a review of Dillian Whyte's career!

They were both pretty shit things to happen at a football match

But Bottling a black guy isnt seen as a racist attack. Odd especially as its crystal clear who the victim is too this time

By the way, I think neither were racist, just dont understand why people think throwing something that could blind someone, and actually hitting the victim is the same, or worse than throwing a banana skin at 6 people and it landing 10 meters away.

Last edited:
But Bottling a black guy isnt seen as a racist attack. Odd especially as its crystal clear who the victim is too this time

By the way, I think neither were racist, just dont understand why people think throwing something that could blind someone, and actually hitting the victim is the same, or worse than throwing a banana skin at 6 people and it landing 10 meters away.
l know a few Greek Cypriots, they tend to eat 5 times more fruit than the average Briton.

I have it on good authority it was actually a banana milk bottle that was thrown

#Racist #ITK

On Talksport it was revealed Spurs press secretary told the media before the press conference that they are not taking any more questions about Pochettino and Man.United, as they had done twice already earlier this week.

Then when it began SKY decided to ask about Poch and Man.United and were immediately stopped by Spurs' press rep and then the Sky journalist started arguing with him trying to pursue his line of questioning.

So Sky are showing they will try everything to undermine Spurs and try to get Poch to leave the club.

Also why has the FA only fined the Arse £45,000 and Spurs £50,000 for not controlling their players when Spurs scored a goal and Woolwich subs ran on the pitch to attack Tottenham players who did NOT over-celebrate?? Why did the ref not red card any of the subs invading the pitch??

On Talksport it was revealed Spurs press secretary told the media before the press conference that they are not taking any more questions about Pochettino and Man.United, as they had done twice already earlier this week.

Then when it began SKY decided to ask about Poch and Man.United and were immediately stopped by Spurs' press rep and then the Sky journalist started arguing with him trying to pursue his line of questioning.
Dharmesh Sheth was being a prick.

Sky Sports reporter unable to quiz Mauricio Pochettino over Manchester United job

Can’t believe Levy and Co. haven’t made a bigger deal about this.

It's the FA Cup game that's fucked us.

We get a 24 hour longer rest than both Chelsea and Woolwich this weekend which is a positive. Everyone plays on Boxing Day so no issues with that. New Years day is the earliest we can really play in the new year because we have Tranmere on Friday the 4th which means the only other team to fit that 3rd Prem game in is the 29th.

If we didn't play the FA Cup on the Friday then we probably would have had:

19th Dec - League Cup Quarter Final
3 days rest
23rd Dec - Everton away
2 days rest
26th Dec - Bournemouth home
2 days rest
29th Dec - Wolves home
3 days rest
2nd Dec - Cardiff away

Which isn't too bad (compared to the others). Last season we had a fixtures on the 23rd, 26th, 2nd, 4th, 7th. So we got a bit of luck last year with 11 days rest - 6 days rest between our final game of 2017 and opening game of 2018 is usually unheard of.

It's not ideal at all - but I almost feel we work best when we have game after game. It's why we do so well over the Christmas period.

It's the FA Cup game that's fucked us.

We get a 24 hour longer rest than both Chelsea and Woolwich this weekend which is a positive. Everyone plays on Boxing Day so no issues with that. New Years day is the earliest we can really play in the new year because we have Tranmere on Friday the 4th which means the only other team to fit that 3rd Prem game in is the 29th.

If we didn't play the FA Cup on the Friday then we probably would have had:

19th Dec - League Cup Quarter Final
3 days rest
23rd Dec - Everton away
2 days rest
26th Dec - Bournemouth home
2 days rest
29th Dec - Wolves home
3 days rest
2nd Dec - Cardiff away

Which isn't too bad (compared to the others). Last season we had a fixtures on the 23rd, 26th, 2nd, 4th, 7th. So we got a bit of luck last year with 11 days rest - 6 days rest between our final game of 2017 and opening game of 2018 is usually unheard of.

It's not ideal at all - but I almost feel we work best when we have game after game. It's why we do so well over the Christmas period.

Dude. You didn’t have to do that research
:kanehand:

Dude. You didn’t have to do that research
:kanehand:

I was curious to know whether our lack of stadium had been an issue. Like it had been previously with the West Ham League Cup fixture and us only having a day or so's rest for that one. But it didn't look like the case.

Just the FA scheduling a pathetic FA Cup game on a Friday away at Tranmere that's fucked us over really. Not just the team in terms of scheduling and lack of rest but fucking over the fans as well.

Luckily, our fixtures are rather generous because they could have been a lot worse.

Yes Alan Smith saying Spurs use "every trick in the book" to waste time, never once stating how the Arse were diving non-stop and bending the rules with late challenges which the referee (and commentary) conveniently missed.

Woolwich are purely relying on cheating for success, they have been for years when Wenger was in demise and he would be allowed to lecture the 4th official with no punishment from the FA because Sky, the financiers of the PL, support Woolwich.

Had Woolwich won would Sky have stayed for another hour gloating instead of ending virtually straight after the match with repeats of programmes they had scheduled later??? See photo.
uTXeBfX.jpg
Oh and the Whyte-Parker fight (a preview of an old fight??) was earlier this year which Sky have scheduled out of nowhere to NOT show Spurs celebrating....

To be fair they did tell people to turn over to Sky sports football on several occasions.

Back
Top Bottom