Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But...but....didn't they fire Maureen because Red Café said they should?

:avbmad:
They fired him because of lack of results and risks star players would leave costing them more than the Millions they used to pay Mourinho off. Not sure if they will actually pay all of it as sometimes they only have to pay until he gets another job.

To be fair, there are a few on here who believe 2020 is when he leaves.
That’s the earliest I could see him leaving depending on certain circumstances. But 18 months is a lot of time. I don’t see him leaving this summer because I think he wants to spend a full season at the new ground and see where things are. After that he may leave when Madrid inevitably opens up in a year or two, at which point he will have been here for 6-8+ years.

I heard one guy saying Spurs fans should be praying we don't win the league otherwise Pochettino will walk out saying job done.
So we don’t win trophies, having a great manager and improving isn’t enough...

But if we won the fucking league and the manager left, the trophy isn’t enough because the manager left?

What the fuck?

It is becoming impossible to bear listening to Sky whatsoever, what a load of crap! It is so so disrespectful, actually think it is bringing the game into disrepute, the FA should intervene....

Seriously though, Poch is going nowhere, least of all to Man Poo.

It is becoming impossible to bear listening to Sky whatsoever, what a load of crap! It is so so disrespectful, actually think it is bringing the game into disrepute, the FA should intervene....

I’m taking a Man Poo while reading this...

:defoe:

Now they are dragging Howe into this? Jesus Christ, that’s not fair to him or Bournemouth.

Further evidence that the football machine only really cares about preserving their precious faves.

...Different scales, but we/Poch were B'mouth/Eddy until quite recently. - harmless enough to give a bit of credit, but don't dare get above your station and be sure to pucker up if the 'chosen' come knockin'.

Last edited:

For me it's an issue of a media abuse of power.

It's all one big racket (TV/tabloids/betting); an empire with global reach that - as we've already seen with the phone-tapping shit or, drawing a parrelell, the banking scandals - our lowly domestic legal system hasn't the might/will to face such things head-on.

Look at those recent quotes from City: They don't fear the repercussions of FFP cos they can afford better legal representation than their potential 'prosecutors'. Much the same here...

So we don’t win trophies, having a great manager and improving isn’t enough...

But if we won the fucking league and the manager left, the trophy isn’t enough because the manager left?

What the fuck?

To sum up what he said:

Spurs win the league this season and lift the title at the new WHL. Pochettino feels he has delivered his promise and moves to Utd

Or

Spurs finish in the Top 4 again but some way of the title. Pochettino feels he has unfinished business so rejects United and stays for years to come.

It's all hypothetical nonsense and playing into our fears.

To sum up what he said:

Spurs win the league this season and lift the title at the new WHL. Pochettino feels he has delivered his promise and moves to Utd

Or

Spurs finish in the Top 4 again but some way of the title. Pochettino feels he has unfinished business so rejects United and stays for years to come.

It's all hypothetical nonsense and playing into our fears.
Either win the league and Poch leaves OR we finish in the top 4 and Poch stays?

That sounds like a win-win to me.

Poor Jermain, have to deal with this lot

He's not even the best Van Dyke...

2D9979371-ss-130122-Dick-Van-Dyke-tease.fit-760w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom