Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The “football, bloody hell” moment during our game against Man City was funny though…
Surprised he didn't mention Liverpool during that moment tbh. Someone could take a shit in the live studio and he would find a way to talk about Liverpool and the history of the club.

"Guess what Jamie? Will Smith just slapped Chris Rock in the face on live TV!"

"You know what Jeff? It reminds me of the time I spat in that persons face in me car, I had just been to see Liverpool, you know, Liverpool FC? Well anyway..." *continues for two hours*

Surprised he didn't mention Liverpool during that moment tbh. Someone could take a shit in the live studio and he would find a way to talk about Liverpool and the history of the club.

"Guess what Jamie? Will Smith just slapped Chris Rock in the face on live TV!"

"You know what Jeff? It reminds me of the time I spat in that persons face in me car, I had just been to see Liverpool, you know, Liverpool FC? Well anyway..." *continues for two hours*

Funny, I think Neville's even worse (With United obv)

I wish there was an option for no commentary on the red button or something

Not sure of your speaker setup but if you have surround sound, sometimes only the centre speaker or the rears have crowd noise only.

I usually give the commentators 20 minutes to not bring out the tired old cliche's about Spurs before switching off their voice. It's rare that they make it to kickoff. Sometimes when we are dominating like the Spam or Leeds games I'll leave it on only to laugh at their clearly scripted talking points.

I'm pretty sure Amazon have a mute commentary button too.

Last edited:
Tottenham win away from home 4-0 and the newspapers always have to talk about something else

d8ca397dc3fad7eac483fe8cafb094b8.png

Souness seemed genuinely upset about the result, I actually felt sorry for him a bit.

Bent said something along the lines of Villa should have been 3-1 up at half time. Yeah they deserved an equaliser but at that point the whole context of the match would change. Why does no one ever understand this?

Souness seemed genuinely upset about the result, I actually felt sorry for him a bit.

Bent said something along the lines of Villa should have been 3-1 up at half time. Yeah they deserved an equaliser but at that point the whole context of the match would change. Why does no one ever understand this?
He was that far past himself that Kelly Dalglish had to remind him he used to play for Spurs...

Nobody seemed to be asking if they were too physical, though. Mings wasn't even booked for crunching one of our players and subsequently grabbing Hoijberg's throat. McGinn is a cunt and could have been carded four or five times. Digne got away with everything including a nasty one that we got an advantage for and fuck me, Ashley Young went over the ball into Kane's ankle. No exaggeration, they should have had two or three reds over the course of the game.

Out "tactical" fouls were punished and theirs weren't, something not lost on Kane - who berated Scott for it. Disgraceful officiating.

They were more up for it in the first half, because they crossed a line and it unsettled us. It wasn't a football game.

He was that far past himself that Kelly Dalglish had to remind him he used to play for Spurs...
She seems to wear that same frilly top every time she's on. She's got to be worth a few quid, given her parentage and job - even with the energy prices at the moment I've got more than one set of clothes

Tottenham win away from home 4-0 and the newspapers always have to talk about something else

d8ca397dc3fad7eac483fe8cafb094b8.png
tbh it's far more humiliating for United to lose to this Everton team than for us to beat Villa 4-0. A circus will always attract more attention than things more or less going according to plan.

Also, MOTD spent more time talking about villa being able to take a lot of positives from the game. We beat them 4 fucking nil.
Our top 4 chances were written off a weeks ago and they mentioned in passing that we are now favourites. No wow Conte has done a great job turning things around discussion. Honestly, arse got way more praise for losing a game to city than we are getting for our current form

Also, MOTD spent more time talking about villa being able to take a lot of positives from the game. We beat them 4 fucking nil.
Our top 4 chances were written off a weeks ago and they mentioned in passing that we are now favourites. No wow Conte has done a great job turning things around discussion. Honestly, arse got way more praise for losing a game to city than we are getting for our current form

That’s fine by me. Let’s us just keep an eye on winning.

Agbonlahor told talkSPORT: “I understand what they’re trying to do with the excitement in the last week of the season but I think it’s going to be done before then.

“I think Woolwich will have top four before they play Spurs. So that idea is going to cost the Premier League. I feel that will be more Spurs trying to finish in the top eight.

“Wolves will finish above Spurs, Manchester United will [as well]. You think Spurs are going to be consistent until the end of the season? They haven’t been all season. I’ve got to back Woolwich.”

Back
Top Bottom