Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll miss him.

From 2015 to 2017 for me he was the absolute best at what he was doing in central midfield. Never lost the ball. Controlled games. I'm so grateful that he put his body on the line for this club. Was part of special moments for this club. Part of our first win at Old Trafford in 20+ years (since done it three times), our first win at Stamford Bridge in 30 years, all of our record breaking Premier League seasons etc.

He will be part of Tottenham history. Memorable performances. Memorable partnerships. Its no surprise that every player from Danny Rose to Kevin de Bruyne rate him so highly.

We'll never see another like him. Not at this level anyway. Dribbling technique so unique I've still yet to see a player like it. As strong as an ox and as graceful as a ballerina. I'm so glad he was here when Poch arrived because he really got the best out of him.

Good luck in China Mousa. Hopefully you still have a few more of those performances in you.

I wonder if he's even stoppable in China. With his strength, ability to protect the ball and dribbling ability he will just pick it up and drive it all the way, Chinese players bouncing off him or looking like street cones. So it's goal or foul.

Thanks Moussa it was an honour to watch you dominate the midfield. I will especially remember Juventus in CL last year (I have short memory), world class.

One of those great players who you can't put in a certain drawer with regards to their position either. Absolutely unique. I'm sure in the future players will be referred to as playing the "Dembele Role".

Perhaps one of our resident Belgians can confirm this, but I always felt like the national team managers didn't know how to use him.

A joyful footballer to watch, stunning close control and his shielding and dribbling were second to none. I feel it has been a real privilege to have him here at Spurs and genuinely saddened to see him go.
All the best Mousa.

I think it's time we saw this again...

Moussa the Midfield Titan <3

M0mfBHc.jpg

Gutted, will really miss him. I think the opposition genuinely feared him in midfield. But, as has been said, injuries and lack of game time makes this a good move for him and the Club.

Also, think the .... Ohhhhh Mousssaaa Dembeleeeeee. Sang on full bore from the crowd made the hairs stand up.

Don't think I have ever liked a footballer as much as I did the 15/16 Moussa. Sad to see him go, but given the circumstances I guess it is understandable.

Thank you for all the amazing moments you have provided us, magnificent moose.

Back
Top Bottom