Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Too much of a risk in my opinion - for someone who relies on his physical game more than his skills, he might suddenly reach his limit at 30 like Dembele or a game changing injury like Wanyama.
It would be a right slap for Toby if this new contract is for 180kpw though lol

Love his energy on the pitch, but his lack of footballing ability is holding back the team. None of our rivals have a player in their midfields with such a lack of skill.

Seriously stupid decision. Not just from a (my) footballing standpoint.

We've had difficult windows as it is trying to shift non HG, moderate/high earning deadwood so that we can rebuild a squad desperately in need of refreshing and improving. So what do we do, extend the contract of a shit player on minimum 90k pw (maybe more with this contract) meaning a commitment of potentially 20m plus to a player who should be nowhere near a team with League/CL aspirations that wants to press better and play football better.

The sooner we get a decent DOF who can get on top of some of this stupid contractual/recruitment/team building stuff the fucking better.

We've had difficult windows as it is trying to shift non HG, moderate/high earning deadwood so that we can rebuild a squad desperately in need of refreshing and improving. So what do we do, extend the contract of a shit player on minimum 90k pw (maybe more with this contract) meaning a commitment of potentially 20m plus to a player who should be nowhere near a team with League/CL aspirations that wants to press better and play football better.

The sooner we get a decent DOF who can get on top of some of this stupid contractual/recruitment/team building stuff the fucking better.

Thought you'd be pleased. :)

It truly shows a startling level of ineptitude and/or dedication from the Poch/Levy. I love Sissoko but this is just a stupid move from the club.

What?
"It gets better with age"? After 30? Are you serious?
Also I believe quite opposite - player who are relying on physique instead of technique and brain will suffer more, because physique starts deteriorating sooner.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to say I am not as universally positive about this contract as some here.
He is 30 now, and we are tying him down until he is 34 (well technically speaking, contract will expire before he turns 34 but if he was to join another club, he would arrive there while being 34).

Of course it is nice that we eliminate possibility of losing him on a free, but in the context it just feels wrong that we are tying down "a decent squad player" yet we let walk players of higher quality of same age / younger (in Toby/Eriksen).

I like his dedication and he helped us a lot last season. But he is not a player to build our team around really.
Who says we are building a team around him?

Players are maintaining their physique well into their thirties now. Especially players who are already gifted genetically in that department.

I was incorrect in saying technique, although that should be maintained in the time frame of this contract. What I meant was mental attributes and his reading of the game. We have already seen him improve this aspect of his game over the last year.

As a squad player he will give us depth and can also cover right back. Like I said I don't have a problem with this contract.

I'm going out of the tent, I may be some time...

Sissoko has some attributes such as powerful running and being able to break opposition lines but ultimately is a technically limited footballer. But certainly atm with our other CM options being new boy Ndombele still bedding in, Winks and the youthful Skipp ( possibly Wanyama but still think he won't be here by summer) we probably need him.

Think the new contract reflects the fact that there are a few players running down contracts which come to an end in the summer and we may or may not need to replace ( one or two might sign new ones) and others who we may wish to uograde.

So a new contract gives us an option to keep Sissoko for a couple of years whilst we replace maybe half a dozen other players first ( which will probably take both January and summer TWs to complete - and might run into following year). It's a sensible pragmatic move.

Personally I doubt we'll keep him for the full 4 years to 2023 and the new contract preserves a value if he moves on in (say) 2 years.

So no need to do anything drastic Captain Titus Oates !

Unless it has been done with a view to fetching a better price for him somewhere in the near future, I'm with you.

I mean, we gave a contract extension to KWP, for example, but Poch has almost zero time for him. Or is that different because we need him for our HG quota?

Sissoko is all physical and drive. No technically ability whatsoever. He’s a serious injury away of being finished. Just look at Michael Essien 10 times the player but that was very physical depending. One knee injury and he was done. And even without injuries a 33 year old Sissoko... :pochfacepalm:

why can't Eriksen take a corner and beat the first man ?why can't Eriksen score a penalty from 11m ?why does Erkisen get knocked of the ball like a 5yr old ? i'll tell you why because he dont give a fuck anymore so fuck him.
But that doesn't explain why Sissoko cant shoot if he does care. even in Fifa 2019 i cant get a fucking goal

No? How is his first touch?
telstar_animationv3_21151.jpg

Back
Top Bottom