Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the joker popcorn GIF

Sissoko been good this season, arguably better than he was a couple seasons ago. Mourinho's tactics have made it so we are noticing much less of Sissoko's deficiency. Under Poch, Sissoko was often the one pushing the ball forward on counters, more often than not, it led to an errant pass, cross, or shot.

This season, you're rarely see him in the final third. He's there to win the ball, cover spaces left by our defenders, and all the other off the ball dirty work.

It could be due to the lack of crowd but I don't remember the last time I ironically screamed for Sissoko to shoot. In all honesty, i'm not all that upset by it and i'm sure the stewards aren't either.

Steward 1: That's gone into row z again? :adesalute:

Steward 2: Yup, you want this? :avbpray:

Steward 1: I went last time. :adestare:

It's your turn :adegrin:

Steward 2: :avbmad::avbnaa:

:avbfu:

I really don't understand your need to exaggerate Sissoko's every breath or need to get my validation for something you think?

I'm sorry but he does not impress me, even now, he's doing a really really basic functional remit in a really unambitious but effective tactical approach. I really don't think he's got or needs any above average ability, physical, technical or otherwise to carry out his remit in the last three games of almost total bus park, and I would still much rather have a physical body shuffling about doing what he's doing that could not make the ball look like a live hand grenade whenever it accidentally finds it's way to wherever he's hiding from it, and I believe it would be piss easy to find a player who could do what he's doing and play some football.

Let's not repeat the previous pages of back and forth bollocks, nothing I say will convince you Sissoko isn't great, and nothing you say will convince me he is. And nor does the fact that we have ground out the results we have recently with him doing what he's doing.

So let's just agree to disagree on this.
Good response. If you’ll stop slagging him I’ll stop picking up on you slagging him, directly or backhandedly. You won’t find one single poster on this forum who doesn’t think Spurs could find a more technically proficient defensive midfielder. Equally there isn’t a more vociferous detractor than yourself.

Your inability to give credit where it’s due is what rankles. If you could just say, without any “yeah buts” then no one would have a platform to call you out.

I’m not a fan of counter attacking football which is reliant upon a majority of utilitarian players, but it’s what we’ve got and it’s got us top of the league for the first time in 35 years. Maybe you could temper your ideals at least publicly for a while and let the rest of us just enjoy it while it lasts.

Also, I’m not sue how saying he wasn’t faultless is over exaggerating his input.

Good response. If you’ll stop slagging him I’ll stop picking up on you slagging him, directly or backhandedly.

Hell will freeze over first, but you nailed it ;-)

Good response. If you’ll stop slagging him I’ll stop picking up on you slagging him, directly or backhandedly. You won’t find one single poster on this forum who doesn’t think Spurs could find a more technically proficient defensive midfielder. Equally there isn’t a more vociferous detractor than yourself.

Your inability to give credit where it’s due is what rankles. If you could just say, without any “yeah buts” then no one would have a platform to call you out.

I’m not a fan of counter attacking football which is reliant upon a majority of utilitarian players, but it’s what we’ve got and it’s got us top of the league for the first time in 35 years. Maybe you could temper your ideals at least publicly for a while and let the rest of us just enjoy it while it lasts.

Also, I’m not sue how saying he wasn’t faultless is over exaggerating his input.

See here's the thing. I didn't come into this thread today slagging him off. I got tagged by you demanding I say something that validates or at least aligns with your opinion.

I have once again made my opinion clear. I'll criticise and appraise him - and any other player - and if you want to disagree or delude yourself that's your prerogative, I can't stop you, but if you don't want my honest opinion, then I suggest don't fucking tag me.

As far as our "counter attacking football" goes, even if it's not my ideal ethos, I have no problems with phased tactical pragmatism, when applied well and is productive. If we win the league getting out of our own half three times a game I might not enjoy every minute of it, but as my old friend thinktank thinktank said today, I'll suck the cock off the end result. But that still won't change my opinion of Sissoko's capabilities and deficiencies within that, he isn't good enough without the ball and hinders the "counter attacking" with his ineptitude with it, and I will still want us to upgrade him and believe it won't be hard.

See here's the thing. I didn't come into this thread today slagging him off. I got tagged by you demanding I say something that validates or at least aligns with your opinion.

I have once again made my opinion clear. I'll criticise and appraise him - and any other player - and if you want to disagree or delude yourself that's your prerogative, I can't stop you, but if you don't want my honest opinion, then I suggest don't fucking tag me.

As far as our "counter attacking football" goes, even if it's not my ideal ethos, I have no problems with phased tactical pragmatism, when applied well and is productive. If we win the league getting out of our own half three times a game I might not enjoy every minute of it, but as my old friend thinktank thinktank said today, I'll suck the cock off the end result. But that still won't change my opinion of Sissoko's capabilities and deficiencies within that, he isn't good enough without the ball and hinders the "counter attacking" with his ineptitude with it, and I will still want us to upgrade him and believe it won't be hard.

No sign of hell even dropping one degree .....

I love Sissoko. he's the underdog doing it at the top.
He gets written off but he keeps turning up and doing what he needs to do.

Gutted a ball fell to him in the last third of the pitch in th 2nd half yesterday though. Woeful 1st touch meant the break broke down

:mourcheeks:

We are going nowhere with Sissoko in the team. He never wants to receive the ball.
All he does is point to other players to get the ball instead. He's always doing it.
And he was at fault for that second goal. Has anyone ever seen him actually jump to head the ball?

We are going nowhere with Sissoko in the team. He never wants to receive the ball.
All he does is point to other players to get the ball instead. He's always doing it.
And he was at fault for that second goal. Has anyone ever seen him actually jump to head the ball?

Got beat in the air for the penalty incident too.

Back
Top Bottom