New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

8whc48.png

Just seen that Chelsea have signed a £60m kit deal with Nike.

That sounds awfully similar to the deal we had with them...

Willian medical part II?

How long a deal have they signed? I knew this was what they were up to when they broke off their deal with adidas. £60m a year is obscene, they're not a marketing giant like Utd, Real or Barca, I think Nike will regret signing with them as they seem to be on their way down rather than up. Nothing to suggest those shit cunts will be a success again next season unless Roman throws a lot of dodgy roubles at his squad. Even then it's no guarantee of anything, Chelsea are a basket case side and their squad has more shirkers than grafters now.

To be honest I'd rather we signed with Adidas than Nike, even though I am a Nike aficionado when it comes to their kicks.

How much do we get from AIA, could we not fuck them off for the final season and have a sponsor free home shirt for the last hurrah/fuck up?

As long as we get a ridiculous amount of money. I couldn't care less who makes our kit.

I still think we will end up with Nike, personally.

As long as we get a ridiculous amount of money. I couldn't care less who makes our kit.

I still think we will end up with Nike, personally.

I don't see us getting the £60m like the Chavs. It does set a bench mark considering our deal would be for kit and maybe stadium naming rights? I wouldn't be surprised if the Chavs have a London exclusive deal. Surely if we were looking for £30m per year that is not to outrageous compared to the Chavs. Do they have a fan base that would pay that kind of money back? I certainly don't think so.

The bad blood in the boardroom between Chavs and Levy is remarkable.

Willian, Oscar, et al.

Spurs building a new stadium?
Chavs try to get Wembley locked down for 4 seasons, even though their own stadium is stuck in development hell.

Spurs in a title fight, looking the strongest club for next season, new shit sponsor + kit maker coming at an opportune time, with promising negotiations from Nike.

Chavs respond with a league collapse, finishing their lowest in decades (how long???) but do an end run around Spurs by canceling their kit deal YEARS in advance and opening talks with Nike.

That club is such a fucking disgrace, from top to bottom.

Willian, Oscar, et al.

Chavs try to get Wembley locked down for 4 seasons, even though their own stadium is stuck in development hell.

Spurs in a title fight, looking the strongest club for next season, new shit sponsor + kit maker coming at an opportune time, with promising negotiations from Nike.

Chavs respond with a league collapse, finishing their lowest in decades (how long???) but do an end run around Spurs by canceling their kit deal YEARS in advance and opening talks with Nike.

I know to be fair they have trolled Woolwich quite a bit as well, they are a scummy bully boy club from the chairman down to the racist captain to the neo-nazi fan base.

Willian, Oscar, et al.

What the fuck are you talking about? Oscar - LOL

There was NEVER a Nike deal beyond some Tweeter bullshit

Get a grip you tin-foil plonker

Why have the board or Nike not announced this deal yet? Nothing to stop them now we have guaranteed CL and a stadium that is being built. At least ours is more multipurpose venue than that soviet monstrosity being planned in West London.

Cos Levy is probably still trying to squeeze another £10 / season out of them so figures won't be accurate or something. Dunno, but I'd love it to be confirmed.

I'm having trouble understanding why we're upset with Chelsea getting a deal with Nike too. How/why does that affect us and our deal with Nike? Asking honestly - I don't know much about clubs and kit manufacturer agreements - I just assumed that deals are independent of one another and what another club gets for their rights is between them and the manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom