New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should revert back to the old kits made of cotton, much simpler but harder wearing and a damn sight better than wearing this cheap produced shit.
Point is they don't want them to last.If little Johnny's shirt from last season has holes in it,or the less reason to refuse buying him the new one.
Of course I have a replica double winner's shirt, the look and material is superior to anything worn now.

Fuck me, are you salad dodgers?
Good luck running around for 90 minutes in a heavy cotton shirt.
Tell me, what sports currently kit their athletes out in that?

I'll save the back and forth, you obviously haven't a clue about sports science.

Cotton holds sweat. Holding sweat makes the clothing heavier and heavier. It also inhibits your bodies ability to wick away the sweat. Sweating is the bodies attempt at removing excess heat from the body - because excess heat is bad for you.

Yes cotton looks nice (when new but fades with every single wash, don't pretend it doesn't)
But it's outdated in the world of sport. You honestly think teams would put £300k a week athletes worth £75m in cheap clothes to save a few quid? Sit down, shut up.

I'll save the back and forth, you obviously haven't a clue about sports science.

Cotton holds sweat. Holding sweat makes the clothing heavier and heavier. It also inhibits your bodies ability to wick away the sweat. Sweating is the bodies attempt at removing excess heat from the body - because excess heat is bad for you.

Yes cotton looks nice (when new but fades with every single wash, don't pretend it doesn't)
But it's outdated in the world of sport. You honestly think teams would put £300k a week athletes worth £75m in cheap clothes to save a few quid? Sit down, shut up.
Who do you think your talking you useless cunt fuck off

True that,and whats more i don't give a flying one.
I prefer the look,feel and the fact it last a long time quality of the old shirts.
And meant for me to buy or wear.
Is that really a major issue to you?
FFS some people take things way too seriously.

True that,and whats more i don't give a flying one.
I prefer the look,feel and the fact it last a long time quality of the old shirts.
And meant for me to buy or wear.
Is that really a major issue to you?
FFS some people take things way too seriously.

Point is they don't want them to last.If little Johnny's shirt from last season has holes in it,or the less reason to refuse buying him the new one.

That is what you said. Your actual words and that is BS.
You implied modern football (and every other athletic clothing) is made from synthetic material in an attempt to make it not last as long.

Bollocks.
It's designed for maximum performance for its intended purpose.
Fat blokes watching football aren't their concern.

If there wasn't such a massive market for replica football shirts, players would be wearing clothes 99% of sane human beings wouldn't wear outside of a gym/afternoon run.

That is what you said. Your actual words and that is BS.
You implied modern football (and every other athletic clothing) is made from synthetic material in an attempt to make it not last as long.

Bollocks.
It's designed for maximum performance for its intended purpose.
Fat blokes watching football aren't their concern.

If there wasn't such a massive market for replica football shirts, players would be wearing clothes 99% of sane human beings wouldn't wear outside of a gym/afternoon run.
We sell two types of shirts,ones the players wear(£100) and one for little Johnny(£75)
The point i was making is the standard ones that most buy do not have the quality of shirts gone by.
And insulting people who haven't insulted you is very low class.
No one likes an internet hard man

We sell two types of shirts,ones the players wear(£100) and one for little Johnny(£75)
The point i was making is the standard ones that most buy do not have the quality of shirts gone by.
And insulting people who haven't insulted you is very low class.
No one likes an internet hard man

The Vapour/Elite shirt is what the players wear. It's made from roughly the same fabric, but is much more fitted and has stick on badges that don't cause friction burns when using it for high intensity activity.
The Stadium shirt is more relaxed, for those of us that look like a pillock in a skin tight shirt. The Stadium shirt actually has stitched on badges that last longer - so the cheaper one is more hard wearing...

I don't dispute football kits/shirts cost significantly more than the sum of their parts. But for the fact it's costed into the kit based on the stupid amount of money Nike give us year on year.
If you look at the Spurs shop at clothing that is not Nike, it's half or less the price.

Sadly this is the world we're in. Where to keep afloat, we have to sell the rights to make our kits to a company like Nike for £xm a year and they can charge what they want in return.

As an example, a Brighton Shirt, made by Nike, is £52 and they only sell the basic version. Nike don't Pay Brighton anywhere near what they pay is, so charge less for the shirts.
Under Armour only occasionally released a pro version of our shirts, for the most part, they only released replicas that weren't the same as the real deal.

It feels like every day I read a post about a kit, it comes from someone trapped in the 60's who don't understand the science or the economics of football kits.

Should revert back to the old kits made of cotton, much simpler but harder wearing and a damn sight better than wearing this cheap produced shit.

I am a fan of the new material just not the new style. Why do they have to add the blue. Our last design was good all 3 kits I have. I will not buying either of these

Thursday afternoon cunt-off on a thread about the kit?!

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom