New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Vapour/Elite shirt is what the players wear. It's made from roughly the same fabric, but is much more fitted and has stick on badges that don't cause friction burns when using it for high intensity activity.
The Stadium shirt is more relaxed, for those of us that look like a pillock in a skin tight shirt. The Stadium shirt actually has stitched on badges that last longer - so the cheaper one is more hard wearing...

I don't dispute football kits/shirts cost significantly more than the sum of their parts. But for the fact it's costed into the kit based on the stupid amount of money Nike give us year on year.
If you look at the Spurs shop at clothing that is not Nike, it's half or less the price.

Sadly this is the world we're in. Where to keep afloat, we have to sell the rights to make our kits to a company like Nike for £xm a year and they can charge what they want in return.

As an example, a Brighton Shirt, made by Nike, is £52 and they only sell the basic version. Nike don't Pay Brighton anywhere near what they pay is, so charge less for the shirts.
Under Armour only occasionally released a pro version of our shirts, for the most part, they only released replicas that weren't the same as the real deal.

It feels like every day I read a post about a kit, it comes from someone trapped in the 60's who don't understand the science or the economics of football kits.
pillock in a skin tight shirt.....:mourlmao: as if

I think all Greavsie's goals should be declared null and void. Cotton wearing cunt.
Actually, he should probably get more credit for the ridiculous amount of goals he scored, wearing a mud soaked cotton shirt.
And a long sleaved one at that,

If he had light weight synthetics, he could have got over 300 goals.

If he didn't like a pint and fag, he'd be at Messi levels

Actually, he should probably get more credit for the ridiculous amount of goals he scored, wearing a mud soaked cotton shirt.
And a long sleaved one at that,

If he had light weight synthetics, he could have got over 300 goals.

If he didn't like a pint and fag, he'd be at Messi levels

Imagine if he had played Shirts v Skins!

98-DCAC41-5774-4-C3-F-845-A-F9-C9-C352-DB59.jpg

Lloris wearing one of these on a wet cold night away to WBA in February be fun.

My fave sports shirt is this.

rugby010_5.jpg

Made of cotton. What a cunt I am.

(not me in the pic)

It's great for the fans. Looks just like any long sleeve white polo/rugby shirt.
Back in the days when rugby players were ametuers with other full time jobs, rolling around on the floor, this would provide decent protection I imagine.
Now they're all highly strung professional athletes too, they wear this...

It's great for the fans. Looks just like any long sleeve white polo/rugby shirt.
Back in the days when rugby players were ametuers with other full time jobs, rolling around on the floor, this would provide decent protection I imagine.
Now they're all highly strung professional athletes too, they wear this...

You can make a very decent cotton replica for fans. I don’t think anyone is asking the players to wear it.

Rugby has moved on to more technical shirts like football, but still offers high quality cotton replicas to fans based on the pro shirt design. It works quite well. I’d love a more robust supporters shirt based on the pro ones - and without the stupid AIA.

The stadium shirts are the worst of both worlds. Really cheap plastic shirts that look ridiculous on your average fan... and cost a stupid amount for the quality that they are. £70 for a slave labour fake is now of a rip off than the £100 pro technical shirt IMHO.

You can make a very decent cotton replica for fans. I don’t think anyone is asking the players to wear it.

Rugby has moved on to more technical shirts like football, but still offers high quality cotton replicas to fans based on the pro shirt design. It works quite well. I’d love a more robust supporters shirt based on the pro ones - and without the stupid AIA.

The stadium shirts are the worst of both worlds. Really cheap plastic shirts that look ridiculous on your average fan... and cost a stupid amount for the quality that they are. £70 for a slave labour fake is now of a rip off than the £100 pro technical shirt IMHO.

We have cotton replicas for fans, they already exist.

Etc etc

AIA pay us an insane amount of money to not sell any replica shirts without their name on them.
This the football world these days.
If it wasn't regulated, we would be wearing this type of thing

Don't understand this sudden rage about the replica shirts being shit quality.... Despite regular wear, all my shirts look as good as new.

We have cotton replicas for fans, they already exist.

Etc etc

AIA pay us an insane amount of money to not sell any replica shirts without their name on them.
This the football world these days.
If it wasn't regulated, we would be wearing this type of thing

You’re missing my point - as you’ve done throughout the last couple of pages - but keep going by all means. 1. Other clubs and sports do quality modern supporter shirts. 2. The fan stadium shirt is abomination in both quality and form. Everyone knows and understands why we have what we have ($$$$$) but that doesn’t mean you have to like every aspect of it.

You’re missing my point - as you’ve done throughout the last couple of pages - but keep going by all means. 1. Other clubs and sports do quality modern supporter shirts. 2. The fan stadium shirt is abomination in both quality and form. Everyone knows and understands why we have what we have ($$$$$) but that doesn’t mean you have to like every aspect of it.

What other clubs make better quality replica football shirts than us? They're all nylon crap that costs 50p to make.

I never said anyone has to like it. I said it is what is and I explained, for those that seem a little dense, why it is what it is. People seem to think that one day, this yearly kit change, nylon, sponsored nonsense will end.
It will only ever get worse. We're already on the cusp of sleeve sponsors. Lower leagues have back sponsors.

Harking back to the 60's and moaning people want that back is pointless. It won't ever happen.
We have plenty of merch available in the store that meets the requirements of fans who don't want a current replica kit. That's what I can't get my head around, it's been there for as long as I remember. Plain white, cotton, no sponsors etc. Why do people keep moaning about the current money maker?

Back
Top Bottom