New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kit just arrived and I am very pleased with my purchase, European lettering looks great and the kit looks a lot better in the flesh. I really like the back of the collar for some reason.

I own replica shirts, I just dont wear them!
yeah, me too. I stare at them in the closet from time to time. I'm sure I'll do the same this year.

nE5f2Pl.png

don't often get one and when I do it's only for around the house or going to games... Shame as I feel rugby tops aren't looked at in the same way. Quite happy going out in my old 2003 RWC winners top! Looking forward to getting this away strip though.

it's strange. As Spurs fans we want the kit, to show our support and give some money to fund our club. It's a good thing and looking back at the shirts in years they bring back memories from those seasons and the great players who graced our turf. Shame society looks down on anyone wearing a shirt. Do find myself muttering "pikey" each time I see someone in a Chelsea top. I am a catalyst to the problem... Wanker.

Moves me onto people posting football related stuff on their social feeds, drives me insane as I struggle to not get into a slanging match each time. Mostly Chelsea fans only posting when they are winning. then quiet 3/4 a season until eventually piping up again, I mean FFS you are shite not fuck off with your clueless posts!!!

it's strange. As Spurs fans we want the kit, to show our support and give some money to fund our club.

Bit of an interesting quandary there. I would imagine very little of the kit revenue ends up in the hands of the club, with most of the coin ending up in the pockets of UA. While the majority of the revenue from the other licensed apparel not made by UA probably does end up in the pocket of the club.

Of course, the more shirts and apparel we sell, the more leverage we have in new kit deal and sponsorship negotiations. So maybe it's a case of 6 of one, half a dozen of another.

As far as cultural acceptance of shirt wearing, I really don't get why everyone in the UK is so hung up on it. Maybe someone can explain it to me, but it's clearly not something the rest of the world has a problem with.

Bit of an interesting quandary there. I would imagine very little of the kit revenue ends up in the hands of the club, with most of the coin ending up in the pockets of UA. While the majority of the revenue from the other licensed apparel not made by UA probably does end up in the pocket of the club.

Of course, the more shirts and apparel we sell, the more leverage we have in new kit deal and sponsorship negotiations. So maybe it's a case of 6 of one, half a dozen of another.

As far as cultural acceptance of shirt wearing, I really don't get why everyone in the UK is so hung up on it. Maybe someone can explain it to me, but it's clearly not something the rest of the world has a problem with.

Merchandising revenue was £12.3m last year. I don't know how much of this is represented by shirt sales.

Back
Top Bottom