New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As lovely as the away kit is, isn't it a bit obnoxious to use this photo to promote the weekend free-shipping special when they haven't even told us what number Janssen will wear?

More to the point, Vincent needs to be ditching those horrendous euro trash distressed jeans. Get some nice selvedge denim, if he's insistent on wearing the same jeans.

The away is probably the nicest top to be worn casually out of the three available.

I wouldn't mind him picking the number 18, it has been a good number for Spurs strikers and Janssen himself wore it at AZ. Klinsmann, Defoe and Kane all had the number 18. While the number 9 still reminds me of the failure that was Soldado...

Last edited:
Ah yes. Magic and witches and other such things that exist in reality.
It's a confidence thing. Janssen can now choose between a shirt number whose last two owners were flops, or one whose last two were a success. Does it really matter, probably not, at the end of the day it's just a number, but I wouldn't rule out him picking the 18 ahead of the 9.

I'm still a fan of the old 1-11 system!

But that wouldnt do nowadays. ...
everyone has to have a squad number don't they?

I'd want him to have a #9 if he's a striker...
So what that Soldado flopped in the same number...?
Bobby Mimms flopped in a #1 Jersey... don't see Lloris avoiding it though!

I think that I may be one of the more rare people here in that I don't actually own a single replica shirt, but I'm really tempted with this away shirt. I think that I'm just cheap.

If you are considering getting one of the new shirts with name/number, who is everyone thinking that they will be getting? At this point, I'd most likely go with Toby.

I think that I may be one of the more rare people here in that I don't actually own a single replica shirt, but I'm really tempted with this away shirt. I think that I'm just cheap.

If you are considering getting one of the new shirts with name/number, who is everyone thinking that they will be getting? At this point, I'd most likely go with Toby.
I'm wary of having a current player on a shirt, as I'm scared to jinx it. I would now only have no 6 and Perryman or Mrs P on the back

I'm wary of having a current player on a shirt, as I'm scared to jinx it. I would now only have no 6 and Perryman or Mrs P on the back

That's always my fear as well! Either that or I am afraid that they could be gone within a year and then the shirt looks a little silly. Going with a classic player is always a great way to go.

I have talked a lot of smack about Lamela. He has proven me wrong in so many ways and achieved his current form by working hard and never giving up. That's why i'm wearing his name on my back this season.

Back
Top Bottom