New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a confidence thing. Janssen can now choose between a shirt number whose last two owners were flops, or one whose last two were a success. Does it really matter, probably not, at the end of the day it's just a number, but I wouldn't rule out him picking the 18 ahead of the 9.

I don't consider Pav to have been a flop.

Also, I really don't think Janssen cares about the last two players to wear the number at Spurs. That's something that fans worry about, not players.

I went with Kane on the back in the spurs font with the Champions League badges, really regretted not getting a VDV shirt with the CL badges on last time so thought I would not make the same mistake again.

I don't consider Pav to have been a flop.

Also, I really don't think Janssen cares about the last two players to wear the number at Spurs. That's something that fans worry about, not players.
Our last two Chairmen nearly put us out of business... (in their own individual way... ) yet I don't see Levy shying away from the task...

If anything, it gives you even greater incentive to 'right the wrong'

I hope Janssen DOES want (and gets) the #9 shirt... and I hope he tears the Premier League a NEW ONE whilst wearing it!

Anybody got their hands on the away kit? I want to know how the print looks and stuff.. The OS has it in dark blue, which is quite a feat considering the darkish bluish tones of the actual shirt :allitongue:

I didn't care that much for Spurs home kit at first, but seeing it in comparison to the rest of the league it's actually one of the nicer kits.

If I owned Sunderland, Southhampton or Stoke I would rebrand the team or at the very least change the colors to distinguish the club from the other two. Same thing with Aston Villa, West Ham (London United FC) and Burnley

Also, funny how half of the league is sponsored by betting sites.

I didn't care that much for Spurs home kit at first, but seeing it in comparison to the rest of the league it's actually one of the nicer kits.

If I owned Sunderland, Southhampton or Stoke I would rebrand the team or at the very least change the colors to distinguish the club from the other two. Same thing with Aston Villa, West Ham (London United FC) and Burnley

We might be ok with it, but that sort of thing just doesn't fly with the English. Remember when Cardiff's owner tried doing a rebrand? Or when Everton's owner made minor (imo) alterations to their crest?

One thing you need to remember though is that some clubs having exactly the same colours isn't a coincidence - we adopted PNE's kit, Juve copying Notts County, etc

One thing you need to remember though is that some clubs having exactly the same colours isn't a coincidence - we adopted PNE's kit, Juve copying Notts County, etc
.....and didn't Fleetwood Town copy The Scum colours? (Their ground is even called 'Highbury' FFS!)

that sort of thing just doesn't fly with the English or Welsh. Remember when Cardiff's owner tried doing a rebrand? Or when Everton's owner made minor (imo) alterations to their crest?

Really sorry, gotta correct this. I was born in London to two Welsh parents who go fucking mental at this sort of thing, and it's rubbed off on me, though I know it's a dick move :walkercry:

Back
Top Bottom