New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

New kit is a beauty compared to some of those we've had recently - but I can't help but like the recent kits just because of the improved success we've had in them. Poch's first kit for example just reminds me of Kane's rise. The sash reminds me of our title chase and last seasons kit pretty much the same.

My shirt buying is quite a good omen.... Even though all bought at the beginning of the season, I only have shirts from good seasons. 87, 91, 2010, 2015, 2016...
You should all chip in for one for me this season. :allitongue:

Still need to grab the blue & gold from last season... Damn good shirt that!

Call yourself a fan!?

I've got one and I'm a Roma gooner maggot troll, don't you know!
Well I do actually and will possibly treat myself to a new shirt in due course! The issue regards cost is what it is for a football shirt it's just the principle! Yes £60 OK fans will buy them and keep doing so clubs know this, but not content with that we will charge £90 and call it an "elite" shirt fans will love em! But saying that nobody is being forced to buy one!

I spent £83 on the navy drill top, navy swoosh tshirt and that nice navy The Lane mug, all off the official site. Nike usually have really nice fabrics, so hopefully these will be good purchases.

Tshirt is very good - not the Drifit fabric I thought it'd be but nice anyway. The drill top with quarter zip is nice too - fleece inside but a light long-sleeved top. Maybe a large would have been more comfortable but medium is the right fit. I see why some people say the sizes may run a little smaller but it's by no means a huge amount.

Well I do actually and will possibly treat myself to a new shirt in due course! The issue regards cost is what it is for a football shirt it's just the principle! Yes £60 OK fans will buy them and keep doing so clubs know this, but not content with that we will charge £90 and call it an "elite" shirt fans will love em! But saying that nobody is being forced to buy one!
the elite is very quick drying compared to the replica, we can have a good work out in our Spurs shirt
before going to the match, no need to change.

tottenham.jpg

New kit, anyone?

A bit of a shame that now Nike make Spurs shirts the charge for a name on the back is a flat £15. I miss the days of it being £3 per letter. "You want Pavlyuchenko? Erm, very well sir. Marjorie, fetch me calculator!" (I've never actually had a name on the back of my shirt. My missus says I'm too old to have Dele on the back of mine as it'd look stupid, as if a fully grown man in a football shirt wasn't bad enough already. :( )

Actually, have any of our manufacturers pulled that £3 per letter trick? I know it's happened at other clubs but not sure about us.

A bit of a shame that now Nike make Spurs shirts the charge for a name on the back is a flat £15. I miss the days of it being £3 per letter. "You want Pavlyuchenko? Erm, very well sir. Marjorie, fetch me calculator!" (I've never actually had a name on the back of my shirt. My missus says I'm too old to have Dele on the back of mine as it'd look stupid, as if a fully grown man in a football shirt wasn't bad enough already. :( )

Actually, have any of our manufacturers pulled that £3 per letter trick? I know it's happened at other clubs but not sure about us.

Its been a flat out fee for name and number for about 15 years mate.

Better materials, better stitching, better shape.
£30 better material,s

Your never to old for a football shirt! But having a players name on't back of the shirt young enough to be your grandson...erm well think that's stretching it a bit but hey what the fuck...:harrysmile:

I'm only 30! But the thought a lot of our current crop of players don't remember Euro '96 really weirds me out when I think about it.

Not seen the elite shirt, but isn't it like most gymwear in that it's got loads of bullshit bells and whistles which claim to be ace at releasing sweat and crap like that which actually adds pennies to the production but allows them to charge a huge premium? I bought a "fake" England top off AliBaba a couple of years back for a tenner or something and it turned out to be a genuine £95 Nike shirt, no doubt made in the same factory as the real deal working an extra shift they were keeping secret from their bosses. It just had some laser-cut holes running down the side of it "for ventilation".

I'm only 30! But the thought a lot of our current crop of players don't remember Euro '96 really weirds me out when I think about it.

Not seen the elite shirt, but isn't it like most gymwear in that it's got loads of bullshit bells and whistles which claim to be ace at releasing sweat and crap like that which actually adds pennies to the production but allows them to charge a huge premium? I bought a "fake" England top off AliBaba a couple of years back for a tenner or something and it turned out to be a genuine £95 Nike shirt, no doubt made in the same factory as the real deal working an extra shift they were keeping secret from their bosses. It just had some laser-cut holes running down the side of it "for ventilation".

Yeah no doubt the same...

Back
Top Bottom