New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope our fans arent really gonna start acting like abunch of spoilt miserable cunts. Sure it aint LvG but fuck it we aint man u. The beauty of football is Poch could do agreat job if he gets the right support. Prolly aint gonna happen but fuck it one can hope. I reckon if Jesus came down to manage Tottenham loads of our fans would still be pissed off lol

Pochettino in his time at Espanyol and Southampton has a win % of 34, highest league finish 8th and no trophies.
I like how he sets his team up BUT he has done nothing yet as a manager and can't speak English fluently.

Hope its not him

Personally I'm not buying any of the ITK at the moment. With LvG not yet signed up to Man U, and with other possible options out there, it's seems absurd if Levy rushes into this so quickly and just settles for the man who seems easiest to get. I think doing it that way will underwhelm a lot of fans and he surely must realise that he's increasingly losing peoples' support. He needs to make a good and considered decision. I don't see how a manager who has never gone anywhere near the CL can be expected to get us top four like Levy wants.

I cant believe for a second this is a knee jerk/convenient decision.

IMO Levy will have been plotting this for months, so whoever does come in will be the man he really wants, not just the most readily available.

Lol @ the ITK

hqdefault.jpg

"The board will appoint a manager by this week, maybe near the end of the week"
(so that I can say they musta dunnit early, init, if it's done before)

"Rumours say that they have rounded it down to 2 from 6 and will eventually appoint just one of them"

"My sources tell me it will be someone who has worked in football before"

"A man"

"He will not be English"

All fair, but we have overwhelming reports that Levy flew to Amsterdam twice to meet with LvG, and at least I've never seen any photos whatsoever of a big club's chairman with the Dutch national coach in the Dutch capital.

Not saying it's one way or the other, simply that I don't think we could necessarily discredit that rumor on such a basis.

That's because he went in disguise, here is levy at Schipol airport.
th

This is from Saints web.. They've been told he's gone.

From SaintsWeb:

Completely gutted. Don’t know how else to describe it.

Been doing this for years, but can’t remember such a gut wrenching departure.

Players come and go – Part of the game and I’m old enough to understand that once a players head is turned, it is very difficult if not impossible to reverse the situation.

I’ve read on here how Lallana and Shaw would stay. They won’t and never would have, regardless who was in charge, But I always felt we had a shout with Poch and I could have lived with any of the players leaving as long as we kept him.

May be the shock of losing him to Spurs is a measure of how far we have come (Trying to find some positives) but it feels like the last five years have just come to a grinding halt.

It wasn’t just the results, it was the football. Poch is and was the real deal. A complete breath of fresh air to the premiership and I loved every minute of it.

Don’t blame the board, I am sure we did everything we could, but the footballing pecking order has spoken again, the most annoying thing, is that we were so close….so so so so close to doing something magical. The irony for me is that we were a world class striker away and at 15 million we really went for it with Osvaldo…..it just didn’t work out.

Don’t give up on Saints, we will be back.

It'll be quite funny if Poch turns out brilliant at Spurs, just based on the negativity so far.

Where's the optimism? This was one of the reasons AVB failed.

(One of the reasons, before a barrage of nonsense appears about "He made Ade play with the kids")

I find it hard to be positive about a new manager because it's always the same story about building the club back to glory, developing a style that fits Spurs' history, in it for the long term, challenge for titles year after year etc etc.

Problem is - when things start to go wrong, our toys are thrown from the pram, the media has a field day and Levy hits the trigger.

There's no culture of stability or learning from mistakes at THFC, just repeated reactions.

So, welcome to the new fella and goodbye to him next season.

Oh, if by some miracle it all goes brilliantly next season, the new chap will then be off to a " bigger club that matches my ambitions."

Sorry to be cynical but we've been down this road so many times.

Check Bill Nich's early results. He'd have been shown the door promptly these days, as would Burkinshaw.

No patience, no plan, no chance.

Not entirely true. We've seen two instances of evidence of Levy learning within the past year:

1 - Decent amount of transfer business was handled before the start in August. As such, we actually managed to pick up a decent haul of points instead of waiting until September to take care of things and consequently drop 7-10 points against sides we should easily handle.

2 - Rehire of Ian Broomfield. Proven, excellent eye for talent that was unfortunately let go of when AVB was hired and insisted on having his own players. Grabbing Broomfield with whatever it took to snag him away from being on the verge of signing for Woolwich is as much a concession from Levy of being wrong as there is.

I don't blame you for being cynical from all the crap of recent years in particular, but there are some very positive indications at the moment that would be suggestive of reasonable hope.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom