New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

God help me, I didn't want to laugh but...

giphy.gif
:dembelewtf:
:pochserious:
:avbnaa:
Bet you thought you'd find something else down here, didn't you? Nope.

:king: Kinda under-the-breath lol though.

:pochfacepalm:

If any of this is true Baldy better have them on the line of the tens of millions this will cost us.

On the line for what? Who?

Tottenham chose to manage the entire thing, rather than letting Mace. If Tottenham communicate poorly (Like the example of the AC and the Wiring) then it's on no one but Tottenham. From the sounds of it it sounds like a disaster of our own making.

On the line for what? Who?

Tottenham chose to manage the entire thing, rather than letting Mace. If Tottenham communicate poorly (Like the example of the AC and the Wiring) then it's on no one but Tottenham. From the sounds of it it sounds like a disaster of our own making.

"from the sounds of it" .... that well known informed source .... lol

So a multi-million dollar business, didn't enter an agreement with another multi-million dollar business, on a multi-million dollar contract, instead one man with responsibility to a board, banks, and shareholders was allowed to do it all by himself? .... yeah now that makes perfect sense ....

"from the sounds of it" .... that well known informed source .... lol

So a multi-million dollar business, didn't enter an agreement with another multi-million dollar business, on a multi-million dollar contract, instead one man with responsibility to a board, banks, and shareholders was allowed to do it all by himself? .... yeah now that makes perfect sense ....

That is literally the situation. Mace offered to organise the sub contractors. Levy declined. So Tottenham are in charge of the sub contractors.

"Early into the project, Spurs took the decision to cut deals individually with subcontractors and appoint Mace as a construction manager to oversee the job.

By choosing to have a direct commercial relationship with individual companies rather than appointing an overall contractor, the club limited Mace’s liabilities on the scheme."

You can't hold Mace responsible if 'Tottenham' (Whether this is Levy, board or owner) chose to handle things themselves.

one of my neighbours is a project manager, we were just chewing the fat & I asked how can you project manager trades you know nothing about ?, he did explain, but I kept think "how can you manage something you don't know about"
one thing that stuck in my mind was he said " If it doesn't sound/look right its not right"
If Levy and the board have heard similar from project management may they thought we can do that and save money,

[
one of my neighbours is a project manager, we were just chewing the fat & I asked how can you project manager trades you know nothing about ?, he did explain, but I kept think "how can you manage something you don't know about"
one thing that stuck in my mind was he said " If it doesn't sound/look right its not right"
If Levy and the board have heard similar from project management may they thought we can do that and save money,
It's extremely difficult and the number of construction projects that are brought in on time and budget are few. Mistakes happen, decisions get delayed. Stuff falls off a truck somewhere, breaks, and the rush replacement is another six week lead. Responsibilities are frequently transferred or shared, and details that were understood to be settled were neither understood or settled, which becomes apparent too late. Manufacturing defects having nothing to do with the sub or installation work are discovered, the building or health and safety inspector is having marital problems and he's looking to exercise some power and make people suffer so that he feels some measure of control in his life. Another sub just went out of business because the owner just discovered late stage cancer and he can't find someone to run the business. There's no end, and the bigger the job, the more shit like that.

Every fucking commercial job I've been on was its own kind of clusterfuck. I really do believe that good contracting requires a certain amount of in-house work responsibility, but increasingly it's just moving more and more to managing subs.

as you see I only thought project management was about the works, not all this other stuff,
my point about Levy & the board stands even more if you have all these other things coming on board

The flipside of this is that there is a strong case to support the fact they are extremely good project managers. For context, I'm struggling to think of a single construction project, especially in an English City with the nightmare of ancient planning regulations, that has EVER been delivered within budget and on time.

Stand back from the Headlines, driven by a desire for click-bait and from the looks of it a pissed off and vendictive construction company that lost out on the tender to build it. The Stadium is SEVEN weeks late!!! (if it opens for the Chelsea game). By contrast, Wembly was delayed by 3yrs! and The Emirates took 4yrs to build, delayed by almost 18 months because they ran into financial problems right at the beginning of the project.

The flipside of this is that there is a strong case to support the fact they are extremely good project managers. For context, I'm struggling to think of a single construction project, especially in an English City with the nightmare of ancient planning regulations, that has EVER been delivered within budget and on time.

Stand back from the Headlines, driven by a desire for click-bait and from the looks of it a pissed off and vendictive construction company that lost out on the tender to build it. The Stadium is SEVEN weeks late!!! (if it opens for the Chelsea game). By contrast, Wembly was delayed by 3yrs! and The Emirates took 4yrs to build, delayed by almost 18 months because they ran into financial problems right at the beginning of the project.

Isn't the 'pissed off and vendictive construction company' Multiplex who built Wembley.....and must bear some responsibility for it being 3 years late together with the FA Board ?

Back
Top Bottom