New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

image.php

A lot of concrete poured today - at southern end of the west main entrance in front of the steps leading to south podium , and also making good progress at the north end of the west side of the stadium in front of north west steps.

With luck the whole of the west side/High street side will be paved by end of next week at this rate

Not only good progress but I'm taking it as good news that they are working on a Saturday (at higher pay rates) rather than doing it in the week as that implies a sense of urgency, suggesting the club/Mace are still optimistic that NWHL will open in November/December rather than after Christmas.

Isn't the 'pissed off and vendictive construction company' Multiplex who built Wembley.....and must bear some responsibility for it being 3 years late together with the FA Board ?
It was. Countless sub-contracted companies walked off-site as they hadn't been paid, I recall one such company filled the sewage pipes with concrete because they had never received a penny from them, so having filled them with concrete they built the stadium over it. Multiplex thought they had gotten away without paying them only to discover they had to dig up the pipes and relay them. Because the Stadium was close to completion at this point it wasn't an easy job to do, it delayed the Stadium by more than a year as a result.

A lot of concrete poured today - at southern end of the west main entrance in front of the steps leading to south podium , and also making good progress at the north end of the west side of the stadium in front of north west steps.

With luck the whole of the west side/High street side will be paved by end of next week at this rate

Not only good progress but I'm taking it as good news that they are working on a Saturday (at higher pay rates) rather than doing it in the week as that implies a sense of urgency, suggesting the club/Mace are still optimistic that NWHL will open in November/December rather than after Christmas.
I was there yesterday and noted little progress in the last week. Noticed a cement truck and metal grid laid down
at said southern end of main entrance ready for a concrete pour.

I was there yesterday and noted little progress in the last week. Noticed a cement truck and metal grid laid down
at said southern end of main entrance ready for a concrete pour.

I'm surprised you say little progress.
A lot of progress all down the High street side during the last week. Quite a lot happening around the sides of the south podium as well.

Building the stairs to the South podium from the East side:

Dniwxb9X4AAvY6j.jpg:large

...which appears to be this part on the render, looking slightly different:

avFBCAN.png
I think it will be kind of a shame when all the tower blocks go up as it will block that imposing view of the south stand as you come up the high road. I get that they need to build houses and doctors surgery’s and hotels and what not as part of the business plan, but still a bit of a shame.

I think it will be kind of a shame when all the tower blocks go up as it will block that imposing view of the south stand as you come up the high road. I get that they need to build houses and doctors surgery’s and hotels and what not as part of the business plan, but still a bit of a shame.
I know!! It’s what I think about every time I come up the high road. Such a shame.

Apparently we are installing ADI Hybrid advert boards, which, by some hi-tech shit otherwise known as magic, display a different ad to each TV region showing the match...

Building the stairs to the South podium from the East side:

Dniwxb9X4AAvY6j.jpg:large

...which appears to be this part on the render, looking slightly different:

avFBCAN.png
Temporary stairs until the buildings go up.
Probably why they are pre cast, and not formed like all the rest.
Probably be another access lift between them when the buildings go up , like the other access stairways to the podium.

Back
Top Bottom