New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Try thinking of the IT systems as that is what is causing the problem.

The grass was growing (and waiting) at the training ground so could have been laid any time.

The grass was laid when it was convenient - it could have been laid earlier but there was no rush, and a small delay in bringing it to the stadium allowed other (non essential) work to be done to complete the stadium more.

The grass couldn't have been laid earlier. The installation was put back due extra work needed inside the bowl. They had to lay boarding over the sanded trays to allow the cherry pickers to manoeuvre over. Once the work was complete the boarding was removed and the grass installation started

The grass couldn't have been laid earlier. The installation was put back due extra work needed inside the bowl. They had to lay boarding over the sanded trays to allow the cherry pickers to manoeuvre over. Once the work was complete the boarding was removed and the grass installation started

Yup that's what I said in the last part of the post in different words

its the easiest thing in the world to watch a building go up - but its still a guess (unless you can see the project plan and can review progress against it ) whether it will be built by day X

Best of luck if you try to look to see if the integration of IT systems is going to plan - you are totally dependent on what you are told. And its common for people to cover up their own mistakes they are making until it becomes obvious the problem is too big. That sadly is the way most delays in IT come about. Believe me, I'm not the only one in business who has been caught out by that before.
Sorry mate - I do this for a living. Projects are planned to the day and nowadays we have complex software to aid that even further and predicts / adjusts the critical path accordingly. No chance this was a flagged 3 weeks prior

I'm astounded by some people believing that Levy has postponed the stadium opening just to spite a few supporters.

The delays are meaning Spurs have to pay Wembley millions of pounds to hold matches and at the same time Spurs are losing out on lots of revenue by NOT playing at NWHL,

In what universe is Levy not going to want to save money and to turn down revenue opportunities - unless he has no choice. Anyone looking at the stadium today can see (given a week or two to tidy up things) that it could be opened for matches in a safe but not completed state. So why not believe the club when they say its an IT issue
Levy didn’t postpone on purpose - the builders fucked up but I do believe it was evident way before the 3/4 weeks and had much much more to do than some faulty fire detectors wiring

Levy didn’t postpone on purpose - the builders fucked up but I do believe it was evident way before the 3/4 weeks and had much much more to do than some faulty fire detectors wiring

You clearly have read nothing that I or anyone else has written - and seem to understand less.

Its 'critical safety systems' And given the size and complexity of NWHL that means a lot of IT systems all of which need to be integrated - the fire alarm systems, the water sprinkler systems, the PA systems....you name it .....all supplied by different manufacturers and all controlled by different manufacturers IT systems all need to be made to talk to each other. And that's on top of any wiring issues (which may be 100 kms in a stadium of this size) which need to be dealt with.

As I said before building is bloody easy to see (less easy to know how long to complete).

IT systems and wiring are a nightmare as nobody can see what's going on - it all has to be laboriously tested, and that goes a lot faster if the original work has been done properly. If its not been done properly (as a lot of respectable commentators are saying) trying to find and correct multiple errors is a nightmare, very time consuming and impossible to forecast how long to rectify.

And that in a nutshell is what the problem is...and what the delay is about.

And nothing to do with builders as you posted

Sorry mate - I do this for a living. Projects are planned to the day and nowadays we have complex software to aid that even further and predicts / adjusts the critical path accordingly. No chance this was a flagged 3 weeks prior

Perhaps you should apply for a job to rectify others mess then.

I and many people in business (and HM government) have had delays on complex IT systems being delivered late.

If you say you delivering complex integrated IT systems for a living (and if you have been doing it for years), then you would have been involved in lots of projects which have been delivered late., Sadly its a notorious problem

If we aren’t going to play there at all this season, then the club can pay off the outstanding finance on my ST, and just remind me to renew next April.

It’s fucking annoying having the DD come out each month, just for the club to refund me piecemeal.

Folk who paid outright should be refunded n all. It’s taking the piss a bit now.

I'm astounded by some people believing that Levy has postponed the stadium opening just to spite a few supporters.

The delays are meaning Spurs have to pay Wembley millions of pounds to hold matches and at the same time Spurs are losing out on lots of revenue by NOT playing at NWHL,

In what universe is Levy not going to want to save money and to turn down revenue opportunities - unless he has no choice. Anyone looking at the stadium today can see (given a week or two to tidy up things) that it could be opened for matches in a safe but not completed state. So why not believe the club when they say its an IT issue

I’m not astounded at all.

A sizeable number of the people who post on here are as thick as pigshit.

Perhaps you should apply for a job to rectify others mess then.

I and many people in business (and HM government) have had delays on complex IT systems being delivered late.

If you say you delivering complex integrated IT systems for a living (and if you have been doing it for years), then you would have been involved in lots of projects which have been delivered late., Sadly its a notorious problem
Im not talking about IT as the delays were far greater than that

Im not talking about IT as the delays were far greater than that

The evidence is against you - just look at the stadium on web cams tomorrow. Read SSC. The only significant work is NOT to do with the building.

So guess why Levy is paying rent at Wembley for the next couple of months,

IT ring a bell ?

The evidence is against you - just look at the stadium on web cams tomorrow. Read SSC. The only significant work is NOT to do with the building.

So guess why Levy is paying rent at Wembley for the next couple of months,

IT ring a bell ?
I’ll post some pics tomorrow of what it looked like in late August so we can continue this debate (on my phone now)

It's doesn't seem that long ago that I used to look forward to reading this thread. All doom and gloom at the moment. Let's hope we can get back on track in the next month or two, then we can put all this agg behind us.

I’ll post some pics tomorrow of what it looked like in late August so we can continue this debate (on my phone now)

Late August means nothing. I've seen plenty of pics of non essential areas which if necessary could be cordoned off to use the stadium safely.

Right now the only evident issues are non tangible stuff or non essential (for safety reasons) stuff

It's doesn't seem that long ago that I used to look forward to reading this thread. All doom and gloom at the moment. Let's hope we can get back on track in the next month or two, then we can put all this agg behind us.

The doom and gloom is sadly being propagated by a handful of posters.

Bet they are welcomed at all the best parties (not)

Rest of posters would like to get in the stadium asap, just more worldly wise and sanguine.....and waiting for good news. In the meantime the stadium as it is looks great !

Late August means nothing. I've seen plenty of pics of non essential areas which if necessary could be cordoned off to use the stadium safely.

Right now the only evident issues are non tangible stuff or non essential (for safety reasons) stuff
Late August means everything because you and others have claimed everything else would have been finished (including the grass) if it wasn’t for the IT issues. So let’s go back and see the other trades at the point at which the club released the first delays statement

Back
Top Bottom