New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am still am very positive about the NEW stadium. We'll be getting the best stadium in this country, possibly the world. I can wait a few more months.
But the Wembley fatigue as set in good for me, didn't go Monday. Won't be going to any games before new year either, easily the longest stretch during a season I won't of been to a home game in 15 years. Just hate the extra travel to wembley, hate the distamce from the pitch, hate the concourse, hate the packed train home and hate having to buy tickets in extra to the season ticket I bought (I know o get money back, but the reason to a ST is that I don't have to worry about on sale dates and the wheel of doom)

Fuck Wembley, roll on the new place.

Fuck me. We had Nostradamus walking amongst us!!
The important lesson is that Audere Audere despite all his baggage knows more about tottenham, North London, construction than BangkokSpud BangkokSpud with his supoosed connections does in his far east hideaway. Everyone and I mean everyone who had a mate who was working on the stadium knew it would not be ready. If @audre knew it then levy knew it too. People who reported that on here got shot down very quickly as non believers.

Levy lied to us season ticket holders he has to do a lot to regain that trust.
The season ticket holders would of kept faith if, in May, they had revised the program. If Jan doesn't happen it will get very messy.

That said the stadium does look magnificent.

Last edited:
Were the exec boxes ready? Was 1882 anywhere near ready? No and no.
3 weeks of low labour overtime in high quality finish areas to get it done? IMO was never possible but we will never know.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid got abused for telling it like it was, him personally knowing a contractor, I was being told internals were nearly all finished back in June when I know the companies involved and they had hardly started, Mensa Mensa , i think, there just the other day and said South Stand area still looks 3 months from being ready.

Some believe, others don’t.

And we all look towards 2019 and hope for sooner rather than later.
Preach comrade. By the way, that friend-contractor that I was accused of making up is still waiting to get the go ahead to install a series of hefty things. No start date given, he says the work will take a month. Not peripheral stuff either, it includes key installations for security and reception areas

Preach comrade. By the way, that friend-contractor that I was accused of making up is still waiting to get the go ahead to install a series of hefty things. No start date given, he says the work will take a month. Not peripheral stuff either, it includes key installations for security and reception areas
Levy is waiting to sell Janssen first to raise the budget

As prompted in the Spam League Cup game thread.

Yes its getting a little tiresome getting pelters from all sides about the stadium delays.

Yes the "King of Trolls" proclaims that it is nothing short of the biggest disaster in the entire history of not just football but professional sport as a whole. And every single Tottenham Hotspur supporter and their families should be publicly flogged for daring to dream above their station.

And the frothers and the haters lap at it like a saucer of spoilt milk - gaining sustenance and the confidence to re-emerge from their caves.

The reality is that we have been waiting 10 years for this stadium. Ten years since the Northumberland Project was first announced. And it has been a slog of a journey just to break ground, via Stratford and the High Court.

My sympathy is with the season ticket holders that have paid serious money on promises made. The ones that are physically and emotionally tired of Wembley.

I have less sympathy for the keyboard warriors who go twice a year or never.

But we are SOOOOOOO close. Literally weeks away. After a decade of waiting it's less than 5% of the time we have waited already. It is more than tangible. It is looming above us. The second biggest domestic football stadium in the country. The largest Kop end in the county.

We don't care what the other teams say,
What the hell do we care?
For we only know that there's gonna be a show
And the Tottenham Hotspur will be there

As prompted in the Spam League Cup game thread.

Yes its getting a little tiresome getting pelters from all sides about the stadium delays.

Yes the "King of Trolls" proclaims that it is nothing short of the biggest disaster in the entire history of not just football but professional sport as a whole. And every single Tottenham Hotspur supporter and their families should be publicly flogged for daring to dream above their station.

And the frothers and the haters lap at it like a saucer of spoilt milk - gaining sustenance and the confidence to re-emerge from their caves.

The reality is that we have been waiting 10 years for this stadium. Ten years since the Northumberland Project was first announced. And it has been a slog of a journey just to break ground, via Stratford and the High Court.

My sympathy is with the season ticket holders that have paid serious money on promises made. The ones that are physically and emotionally tired of Wembley.

I have less sympathy for the keyboard warriors who go twice a year or never.

But we are SOOOOOOO close. Literally weeks away. After a decade of waiting it's less than 5% of the time we have waited already. It is more than tangible. It is looming above us. The second biggest domestic football stadium in the country. The largest Kop end in the county.

We don't care what the other teams say,
What the hell do we care?
For we only know that there's gonna be a show
And the Tottenham Hotspur will be there
I agree with all those sentiments but I am also tired of being lied too. To sell tickets in may for a September start ie less then 12 weeks away and then fail to deliver by a further 12 weeks is not on. Levy needs to do a lot of work. For example a lump sum heavily discounted package for the rest of the Wembley games plus associated refunds. If I was a box holder I'd be furious now and I don't know how he's keeping them onside didn't they have to pay 3years up front.

I agree with all those sentiments but I am also tired of being lied too. To sell tickets in may for a September start ie less then 12 weeks away and then fail to deliver by a further 12 weeks is not on. Levy needs to do a lot of work. For example a lump sum heavily discounted package for the rest of the Wembley games plus associated refunds. If I was a box holder I'd be furious now and I don't know how he's keeping them onside didn't they have to pay 3years up front.

Welcome to Corporate Capitalism - your chequebook is important, your opinions as a consumer are not.

And unlike any other marketable product - you as a consumer are incredibly unlikely to change supplier despite how badly you feel you are treated.

Welcome to Corporate Capitalism - your chequebook is important, your opinions as a consumer are not.

And unlike any other marketable product - you as a consumer are incredibly unlikely to change supplier despite how badly you feel you are treated.

And that's exactly why I believe the only way to go is government regulation to limit ticket prices, stop this kind of mistreatment, and protect the national game. The free market model works on the assumption that consumers will simply buy from someone else if the company is failing them. Just like with the railways which most people agree should be outright nationalised, let alone regulated, this doesn't work at all with football.

Only thing some of us don't want go to Wembley no more even with a discount, can't really see compo/package happening.

I honestly cannot understand why anyone can be upset what any other fans think, I haven't given it any thought at all. It's like getting annoyed that a couple of pricks laughing at you as the Aston Martin you ordered is arriving 2 weeks late, bizarre really

As for it being delayed they yes could assess messaging better but with all these things, the pyramid of individuals involved make it very difficult, I mean we have all had issues with say a plumber coming to fix something, imagine that x 1000, its very difficult to assess even a month ahead

Like everything in life, in this game once its open, its all forgotten and we will be back at the lane!

And that's exactly why I believe the only way to go is government regulation to limit ticket prices, stop this kind of mistreatment, and protect the national game. The free market model works on the assumption that consumers will simply buy from someone else if the company is failing them. Just like with the railways which most people agree should be outright nationalised, let alone regulated, this doesn't work at all with football.

And that will happen with this government in charge will it?

Sympathising with the working class football fan over the billionaire corporations. We can all dream i suppose.

Closest we got was in the Lid Dem manifesto before Clegg sold out which stated enforced fan representation at a board level. Even then, you could see it being a token gesture, pat on the head sort of thing.

Does anyone know if Spurs have actually played at NWHL yet, like A-team v B-Team for example?
I’m sure the team won’t just roll up and play the first game and having it their first time there!
The pitch is basically ready and it should give the players time to prepare for it’s awesomeness, just a thought

I honestly cannot understand why anyone can be upset what any other fans think, I haven't given it any thought at all. It's like getting annoyed that a couple of pricks laughing at you as the Aston Martin you ordered is arriving 2 weeks late, bizarre really

If I could agree with and like this more than once, I would. :adesalute:

Back
Top Bottom