New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You said said it would have been finished enough to host the Liverpool game on 15 September like originally claimed by the club - don’t go back now on your word

Here's a video from 22 August - 3 weeks prior. Does it look like only some wiring left, mate?

No YOU changed the description to being FINISHED.

And that's what I disagreed with.

We've always safe enough to hold a game NOT finished

If you ever saw WHL in the last season you will have seen a building site, so no surprise that if there had not been 'critical safety systems' (not just wiring as you say), then NWHL would equally have looked far from finished on 15 September.

I'm done with debating the stadium with a moron

And that will happen with this government in charge will it?

Sympathising with the working class football fan over the billionaire corporations. We can all dream i suppose.

Closest we got was in the Lid Dem manifesto before Clegg sold out which stated enforced fan representation at a board level. Even then, you could see it being a token gesture, pat on the head sort of thing.
Hah. Absolutely not. But safe to say I'm no fan of this Government lol and cautiously optimistic Labour right now would be better footballing wise - their stuff on flexible rail tickets for away games and fan representation on boards is a good start at least.

I've skipped lots of pages in this thread as the arguments are monotonous. In any endeavour there is drama and crises, but the benefits thereafter soon leaves the upset far behind.
I'm looking beyond the problems to when I am going there every other week, for the rest of my life. It cheers me up even when having to drag myself to the Dystopia that is Wembley.
It is hugely frustrating and annoying the way it has been handled, but it is coming very soon now, and it will be glorious.

I remember when this used to be a happy place. Any chance there's a thread with just pictures of the stadium so I can avoid the arguments..?

Honestly I believe the romainan. It was plain not going to be ready. The roof was not ready in time. The cladding was not ready. The pitch was not ready and the wiring was not ready.

Once it is ready it will be incredible and a January opening would be amazing achievement.

But let's not kid us self here levy must of known before he launched the season ticket renewal that the stadium would not be ready till late autumn at the earliest and that in self is a pretty shit thing.
That's fair enough, dude, but I have a problem with the idea that the club knowingly lied about one of the most visible construction projects in Europe to:
The supporters
The premier League(organisation)
The other clubs in the premier League
Various sponsors
The NFL

I fully accept the idea that the club may have been told there MAY be an issue , but you don't announce that until you know that Ithere is one. I am happy to accept the idea that they didn't know the extent until shortly (a few days) before they announced the delay.

How it's been handled since then is s different argument.

Does anyone know if Spurs have actually played at NWHL yet, like A-team v B-Team for example?
I’m sure the team won’t just roll up and play the first game and having it their first time there!
The pitch is basically ready and it should give the players time to prepare for it’s awesomeness, just a thought
:dembelelol:

Yes mate, we're sure.

There will be 2 test events before a full capacity first team game is held in the stadium though. If it's opening in January, expect test events to at least be announced in the next few weeks

Back
Top Bottom