New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've skipped lots of pages in this thread as the arguments are monotonous. In any endeavour there is drama and crises, but the benefits thereafter soon leaves the upset far behind.
I'm looking beyond the problems to when I am going there every other week, for the rest of my life. It cheers me up even when having to drag myself to the Dystopia that is Wembley.
It is hugely frustrating and annoying the way it has been handled, but it is coming very soon now, and it will be glorious.

thats correct. no one thought it would be completed.

ready/useable and completed are two different things, however.

Look at it like this:
you either believe that Levy/Enic lied to the premier league, to the other clubs, and sold tickets in the knowledge the venue woudnt be ready,lied to supporters, paid out for the first test event, when overall it would have been cheaper to sign a two year deal at Wembley,to hide that one of the most visible stadium projects in world sport (at the very least World football) was behing schedule.... all on the say so of a romanian bloke down the pub, whose only involvement in the actual project could be "bloke that opens the gates for delivery lorries"

or you believe that the stadium would have been ready (not completed, but ready) for the announced game, but it failed one of the safety checks

I know which is more believeable, and doesnt involve the romanian builder.

Well, have spoken to a lot of peop
Lesson learned - Ask a Romanian builder.

I’m not saying that’s conclusive evidence - but it’s an example of someone saying it was behind schedule at the beginning of the year. Many people said this who I have spoke to. But the board refused to echo these opinions.

thats correct. no one thought it would be completed.

ready/useable and completed are two different things, however.

Look at it like this:
you either believe that Levy/Enic lied to the premier league, to the other clubs, and sold tickets in the knowledge the venue woudnt be ready,lied to supporters, paid out for the first test event, when overall it would have been cheaper to sign a two year deal at Wembley,to hide that one of the most visible stadium projects in world sport (at the very least World football) was behing schedule.... all on the say so of a romanian bloke down the pub, whose only involvement in the actual project could be "bloke that opens the gates for delivery lorries"

or you believe that the stadium would have been ready (not completed, but ready) for the announced game, but it failed one of the safety checks

I know which is more believeable, and doesnt involve the romanian builder.
Honestly I believe the romainan. It was plain not going to be ready. The roof was not ready in time. The cladding was not ready. The pitch was not ready and the wiring was not ready.

Once it is ready it will be incredible and a January opening would be amazing achievement.

But let's not kid us self here levy must of known before he launched the season ticket renewal that the stadium would not be ready till late autumn at the earliest and that in self is a pretty shit thing.

Got asked a question today and wasn’t sure of the answer. Why is the south stand 4.9 metres away but the others are not? It appears that Everton’s so called new stadium are planning on all four stands being as close to the pitch. In addition will there be 6 tph running from white hart lane or do you think we will eventually see Northumberland park station on the Victoria line.

Last edited:
Late August means everything because you and others have claimed everything else would have been finished (including the grass) if it wasn’t for the IT issues. So let’s go back and see the other trades at the point at which the club released the first delays statement

WRONG

Nobody had said everything would be finished. We've only said the stadium would pass safety tests so it can be used - finishing would have taken until next summer

Please stop inventing what others have said

Last edited:
Do you honeslty believe Levy / The Club only found out 3/4 weeks before the September deadline it won’t be met?

You probably won't remember this but under Irvine Scholar, Spurs had to postpone a match EIGHT HOURS before the match was due to begin - Scholar believed his people who had told him the new stand would pass the Safety Certificate tests.

The stand didn't pass the Safety tests.

Puts into context your surprise of 3-4 weeks ?

Levy should have lowered the spec of the stadium to finish quicker and cheaper. All we need is 1000 or so more seats to be bigger than woolwich, more toilets than the old whl and fire safety.

Don’t need WiFi cheese room levy hall no fancy stuff.

Oh and a good sparky.

Got asked a question today and wasn’t sure of the answer. Why is the south stand 4.9 metres away but the others are not? It appears that Everton’s so called new stadium are planning on all four stands being as close to the pitch. In addition will there be 6 tph running from white hart lane or do you think we will eventually see Northumberland park station on the Victoria line.
This is from the launch of their stadium, they did an overlay of ours by comparison. Closer to the pitch, it's almost identical on all four sides!!
EFC3.jpg

Why is it 4.9m? Why did the chicken cross the road?

It's doesn't seem that long ago that I used to look forward to reading this thread. All doom and gloom at the moment. Let's hope we can get back on track in the next month or two, then we can put all this agg behind us.

It's going to be the finest stadium in the UK ... a bit late but anticipation is all part of the pleasure ... why people need to stress over things they can't possibly control is one of life's unfathomable questions ... what will be will be ... and it will be great for Spurs ....

WRONG

Nobody had said everything would be finished. We've only said the stadium would pass safety tests so it can be used - finishing would have taken until next summer

Please stop inventing what others have said
You said said it would have been finished enough to host the Liverpool game on 15 September like originally claimed by the club - don’t go back now on your word

Here's a video from 22 August - 3 weeks prior. Does it look like only some wiring left, mate?

Last edited:
You said said it would have been finished enough to host the Liverpool game on 15 September like originally claimed by the club - don’t go back now on your word

Here's a video from 22 August - 3 weeks prior. Does it look like only some wiring left, mate?

Were the exec boxes ready? Was 1882 anywhere near ready? No and no.
3 weeks of low labour overtime in high quality finish areas to get it done? IMO was never possible but we will never know.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid got abused for telling it like it was, him personally knowing a contractor, I was being told internals were nearly all finished back in June when I know the companies involved and they had hardly started, Mensa Mensa , i think, there just the other day and said South Stand area still looks 3 months from being ready.

Some believe, others don’t.

And we all look towards 2019 and hope for sooner rather than later.

Were the exec boxes ready? Was 1882 anywhere near ready? No and no.
3 weeks of low labour overtime in high quality finish areas to get it done? IMO was never possible but we will never know.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid got abused for telling it like it was, him personally knowing a contractor, I was being told internals were nearly all finished back in June when I know the companies involved and they had hardly started, Mensa Mensa , i think, there just the other day and said South Stand area still looks 3 months from being ready.

Some believe, others don’t.

And we all look towards 2019 and hope for sooner rather than later.
Agreed - either way it will be done eventually and will look massive

Last edited:
Agreed - either way it will be done eventually and will look massive
This was Audere Audere summing up of the position on the 18th of May. A despised poster but it looks very close to being spot on. Note 'I know people at tottenham' BangkokSpud BangkokSpud reply.

I am convinced levy was selling tickets to a venue that he knew wasn't going to be ready. This needs to be addressed.

FA rules state this. The premier league doesn’t. It’s also nothing to do with other teams. No majority is needed. It’s basically in the gift of Scudamore if we play some games at Wembley and some at WHL. Scudamore is someone Levy gets on well with apparently.

This was on radio 5 the other night. There is also no limit of away games we can have either.

I think the biggest problem Levy has created is selling season tickets (contracts) to WHL under false pretences. I do not see the ground being ready in time. Lots of internal wiring problems I hear from someone who is a Spurs fan but walked away after being fucked off with the incompetence. The whole thing could end up costing a billion, it’s priced at 850m already. There will be a weeks of snagging at least. Levy thinks he has the contractors over a barrel with delivery dates but more than five people I know working on the project at low to middle management level tbf say he’s changed so much from the original plans these clauses are now redundant hence the extra cost of manpower.

Fingers crossed but best case scenario is we will be saddled with 250 to 450 million extra debt on top what we’ve already borrowed. With us praying Scudamore helps us out.

Blimey having a bad day ....

The info on multiple venues and unlimited away games is interesting ... the 'selling season tickets under false pretenses' 'heard from someone' 'priced at 850m could be a billion' 'weeks of snagging' 'I know five people' is all complete and utter bollocks ...

As for the 'best case scenario is we will be saddled with 250 to 450 million extra debt' you just went fairy tale la la land mental on us .....

Posting facts or even interesting gossip ... why not? ... making up a load of utter crap? ... why?

Last edited:
This was Audere Audere summing of the position on the 18th of May. A despised poster but it look very close to being spot on. Note 'I know people at tottenham' BangkokSpud BangkokSpud reply.

I am convinced levy was selling tickets to venue that he knew wasn't going to be ready. This needs to be addressed.
I think DL had no choice as he had to secure the numbers. He'd probably argue the risk was great but they took it. Go and prove it

Back
Top Bottom