New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There appears to have been some kind of 'breakthrough' with Haringey council, no detailed information but apparently they are now moving heaven and earth to help get the Stadium open ... that can only be good news.

Levy told them that if we're not in soon he'll have it taken down brick by brick and moved elsewhere.

He left out the minor detail that there aren't any bricks.

Interesting thought - any chance you could list what work still has to be done?

I have no idea what work is left to be done I am just stating my opinion from what I have seen from the NFL test event and recent videos of the stadium, I am not claiming my opinion is right, or that I have expert knowledge on the subject.

It seems to my eyes like there is a lot left to do and we still have to have two test events yet and get clearance from the council.

I just don't see all that happening before late April at the earliest, I hope I am wrong.

The fact that we the Standard are saying more tests this week (none were planned on Friday) means we did not get a full-pass last week, with luck these will be a few tests on small issues identified in the full tests last week. I'm told that if we don't pass this week's make-up tests then we will have to conduct the full test once again. On the plus side that could be done very quickly. All the indications are that it will be this season, either the Palace game, and because of their FA Cup commitment we don't need to call that until February 17th ... or the back to back first two weekends in early April.

The club don't know anymore than we do but they will put out an announcement very soon, even if that is just 'we still don't know' ... not much else they can do however much we wish it.

There appears to have been some kind of 'breakthrough' with Haringey council, no detailed information but apparently they are now moving heaven and earth to help get the Stadium open ... that can only be good news.
Sum up this post in 4 words

You know fuck all

One of your more literate posts ... well done ... one day you might even make a positive contribution to this site, but I'm sure not many off us will be holding our breath ...
You're so full of shit you have literally bluffed and bullshited your way through this thread

Still no test events drifting into April yet the September opening date was just down to fire safety issues. We are owed a proper explanation.

No definitive news but there is a lot of 'optimism' that following the council's visit yesterday a sign off and the issuing of council safety certificates is imminent. Once issued the test events will be announced, and just maybe the date of the first game, it's not done yet but it seems very close.
On the build, the contractors have been working to complete fabrication of the remaining panels for the East stand, as you know these were not due to be installed until summer 2019, it's now looking good that the work will be completed before we open, big thumbs up to however is making these.

Won't be long now.

24c720641b8265aa39c18f4080af68ad6596a2b7ed3c565c289f751dfbe93ea2.gif

You're so full of shit you have literally bluffed and bullshited your way through this thread

Still no test events drifting into April yet the September opening date was just down to fire safety issues. We are owed a proper explanation.

You're not 'owed ' a feckin' thing ... you're just an entitled prick who spends his sad life complaining about how unfair your life is all via an internet website, it's rather pathetic.

You position is that Spurs have spent the best part of a billion quid just so that they can take paddy's handful of fivers a few months early, a deviously cunning plan ... what a bunch off utter cunts they must be. As suggested before I highly recommend you have nothing further to do with these thieving charlatans.

You're not 'owed ' a feckin' thing ... you're just an entitled prick who spends his sad life complaining about how unfair your life is all via an internet website, it's rather pathetic.

You position is that Spurs have spent the best part of a billion quid just so that they can take paddy's handful of fivers a few months early, a deviously cunning plan ... what a bunch off utter cunts they must be. As suggested before I highly recommend you have nothing further to do with these thieving charlatans.
Correction borrowed a billion quid. See this how bullshit flourishes

Back
Top Bottom