New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BangkokSpud BangkokSpud Where do you get your info from? You always seem quite sure when you post, apologies if you've already explained and I have missed it.
He makes it up too look important. If you see the pattern a bit of buzzz in the media and he collects it into bundle and presents it as inside board information. He's a bullshiter in a bangcock bat hole and he knows as much as you and me.

I on the other hand have always been sceptical of the timescales because I have eyes. But if sceptics post they get battered as non believers.

The stadium is drifting into being 8 months late yes it will be amazing but it doesn't mean we are not owed an explanation and we're not entitled pricks to ask for one.

The fact that we the Standard are saying more tests this week (none were planned on Friday) means we did not get a full-pass last week, with luck these will be a few tests on small issues identified in the full tests last week. I'm told that if we don't pass this week's make-up tests then we will have to conduct the full test once again. On the plus side that could be done very quickly. All the indications are that it will be this season, either the Palace game, and because of their FA Cup commitment we don't need to call that until February 17th ... or the back to back first two weekends in early April.

The club don't know anymore than we do but they will put out an announcement very soon, even if that is just 'we still don't know' ... not much else they can do however much we wish it.

There appears to have been some kind of 'breakthrough' with Haringey council, no detailed information but apparently they are now moving heaven and earth to help get the Stadium open ... that can only be good news.

Thanks for the information mate. Could the ' 'breakthrough' with Haringey council, no detailed information but apparently they are now moving heaven and earth to help get the Stadium open' be as simple as pressure from local traders saying they are losing out big time on trade, local part time employment at the stadium is down when the stadium is not open etc. Or do you think its something more ?

Thanks for the information mate. Could the ' 'breakthrough' with Haringey council, no detailed information but apparently they are now moving heaven and earth to help get the Stadium open' be as simple as pressure from local traders saying they are losing out big time on trade, local part time employment at the stadium is down when the stadium is not open etc. Or do you think its something more ?
That would make sense. There's a lot of very inexperienced councillors because the old lot were mostly replaced suddenly with pro-Corbyn candidates, so it's possible they've been a bit naive to the political and economic realities of the club not being around while they've tried to make things stick to the letter of the rules.

BangkokSpud BangkokSpud Where do you get your info from? You always seem quite sure when you post, apologies if you've already explained and I have missed it.

I have a relative who works for the club, we speak most weekends, to be honest he doesn't tell me everything or indeed anything that the club wouldn't want made public, just drops a few hints. If something came out via him at his level he would be in a whole heap of trouble, but he does try and give me a good steer, a courtesy for the old fellow, and I did introduce him to Matthew many years ago. What he says is not always right, for example he believed that we would make the September deadline right up until late July, but then so did the whole board. He attends the Friday project meetings so gets to hear first hand from MACE every week. He says it's very close, the only thing needed is the approval from the council's appointed inspectors, however after Grenfel they are dotting every i and crossing every t ... and I guess that's correct. I can tell you that MACE are as frustrated as hell with the level of compliance that is so far above anything they've done before it's made it impossible to give accurate time-frames. On the plus side as of last Friday the stadium is considered >90% complete ... with at least four weeks to opening, and probably eight weeks, we should get a near finished project ... small comfort.

I have a relative who works for the club, we speak most weekends, to be honest he doesn't tell me everything or indeed anything that the club wouldn't want made public, just drops a few hints. If something came out via him at his level he would be in a whole heap of trouble, but he does try and give me a good steer, a courtesy for the old fellow, and I did introduce him to Matthew many years ago. What he says is not always right, for example he believed that we would make the September deadline right up until late July, but then so did the whole board. He attends the Friday project meetings so gets to hear first hand from MACE every week. He says it's very close, the only thing needed is the approval from the council's appointed inspectors, however after Grenfel they are dotting every i and crossing every t ... and I guess that's correct. I can tell you that MACE are as frustrated as hell with the level of compliance that is so far above anything they've done before it's made it impossible to give accurate time-frames. On the plus side as of last Friday the stadium is considered >90% complete ... with at least four weeks to opening, and probably eight weeks, we should get a near finished project ... small comfort.
The guy he claims to have a weekly pow wow with seems to have inside track on both transfers and the stadium.

You're just Hercules.

He makes it up too look important. If you see the pattern a bit of buzzz in the media and he collects it into bundle and presents it as inside board information. He's a bullshiter in a bangcock bat hole and he knows as much as you and me.

I on the other hand have always been sceptical of the timescales because I have eyes. But if sceptics post they get battered as non believers.

The stadium is drifting into being 8 months late yes it will be amazing but it doesn't mean we are not owed an explanation and we're not entitled pricks to ask for one.

You must have missed the original announcement of a delay back in August saying 'due to critical safety systems'.

And various reports carried in trade magazines and the like with quotes from Mace carrying more details

And the minutes from THST meetings carrying more details including that the errors were made by more than one contractor.

And for anyone with half a brain would know that the contractors making the errors would have the threat of legal proceedings hanging over them.

And in these situations until the position of 'blame' is more clear the Club would be nuts to give out any more detailed explanation which might prejudice the case or allow a contractor to sue the club.

What part of that explanation do you not understand ?

You must have missed the original announcement of a delay back in August saying 'due to critical safety systems'.

And various reports carried in trade magazines and the like with quotes from Mace carrying more details

And the minutes from THST meetings carrying more details including that the errors were made by more than one contractor.

And for anyone with half a brain would know that the contractors making the errors would have the threat of legal proceedings hanging over them.

And in these situations until the position of 'blame' is more clear the Club would be nuts to give out any more detailed explanation which might prejudice the case or allow a contractor to sue the club.

What part of that explanation do you not understand ?
Have you not just proven his point?

That all the information presented as ITK is just information already out there gathered and presented in a way to garner attention.

EDIT - Sorry, missed the highlighted bit.

Dx8sftyWkAYoYDY.jpg

Back
Top Bottom