New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Us fans need to start to make our mark on this place, make it ours and for a change can we get organised about it.

We need to get some flags and banners stuck/tied on the top of that stand. I fucking hate those 'surfer flags' but we THST have had a couple made up, so let's get them out of the cardboard box and proudly put them put up.

DylmJubXQAU_js_.jpg

I don't really care what it turns out being (even though I have some dislikes) I will accept what it turns out to be from the fans and not club handouts, hell as I type this, why do we have to be stuck with one thing, just do it all, make it one an eclectic mix of what people want to bring.

Time to get organised, time to get the word out getting people to bring their banners, their flags. Whilst the Club still have builders on site they can ensure hooks can be placed up there to make it easy to tie on.

Any other ideas?

Last edited:
Us fans need to start to make our mark on this place, make it ours and for a change can we get organised about it.

We need to get some flags and banners stuck/tied on the top of that stand. I fucking hate those 'surfer flags' but we THST have had a couple made up, so let's get them out of the cardboard box and proudly put them put up.

DylmJubXQAU_js_.jpg

I don't really care what it turns out being (even though I have some dislikes) I will accept what it turns out to be, hell as I type this, why do we have to be stuck with one thing, just do it all, make it one an eclectic mix of what people want to bring.

Time to get organised, time to get the word out getting people to bring their banners, their flags. Whilst the Club still have builders on site they can ensure hooks can be placed up there to make it easy to tie on.

Any other ideas?

Get a big fuck off flag of this belter made up to kick things off!!
Dave_mackay_3217606b.jpg

Always been a fan of this as well:

THFC_letterLogo_400x400.jpg

If anyone is lucky enough to be sitting in that South Stand as a season ticket holder I think this little cracker should make an appearance without a doubt as well:

cock-logo.jpg

Get all different random ones on the go. I don't want random hand me out flags I want the real deal scattered all over that South Stand

Last edited:
How credible is this guy?

Edit: The tweeter, not you Nutter.

Several months ago he was going round the partly complete stadium taking pictures of items he was claiming was preventing the stadium from opening. Problem was most of the items were either 'cosmetic' (ie non essential for a safe opening of the stadium even though they wouldn't look very pretty) or on several occasions taking pics of mounds of builders rubbish which would take a man about 3 hours to clear. So not able to identify anything important.

He's tweeting about a womens football match as a test event, but generally these matches are in the low thousands so don't get close to 20,000 meeded for a test event. Is it possible 20,000 fans would go to see NWHL for a test event. Maybe.

I'd be more confident of a 20,000 crowd for am u23 or u18 event - there's an u23 NLD on Friday 15th which is possible but maybe too close and an evening event might not be deemed sensible for a test event, and one v Chelsea on Friday 1 March. There's an u18 game on Saturday 2 March v Wham.

Youngsters (and Womens) matches are generally easier to move than first team matches, so its possible that a suitable match could be found which is currently not listed. Alternatively a first team training session ?

However for the Test event requiring 40,000 or 50,0000 would require a bigger event than youngsters or womens football - back in September it was scheduled to be a Bayern Veterans v Spurs veterans so something like that again ? Or would a composite of a first team training event and a youngsters match afterwards get a crowd of 40,0000 to 50,0000 ?

Several months ago he was going round the partly complete stadium taking pictures of items he was claiming was preventing the stadium from opening. Problem was most of the items were either 'cosmetic' (ie non essential for a safe opening of the stadium even though they wouldn't look very pretty) or on several occasions taking pics of mounds of builders rubbish which would take a man about 3 hours to clear. So not able to identify anything important.

He's tweeting about a womens football match as a test event, but generally these matches are in the low thousands so don't get close to 20,000 meeded for a test event. Is it possible 20,000 fans would go to see NWHL for a test event. Maybe.

I'd be more confident of a 20,000 crowd for am u23 or u18 event - there's an u23 NLD on Friday 15th which is possible but maybe too close and an evening event might not be deemed sensible for a test event, and one v Chelsea on Friday 1 March. There's an u18 game on Saturday 2 March v Wham.

Youngsters (and Womens) matches are generally easier to move than first team matches, so its possible that a suitable match could be found which is currently not listed. Alternatively a first team training session ?

However for the Test event requiring 40,000 or 50,0000 would require a bigger event than youngsters or womens football - back in September it was scheduled to be a Bayern Veterans v Spurs veterans so something like that again ? Or would a composite of a first team training event and a youngsters match afterwards get a crowd of 40,0000 to 50,0000 ?

You could have a homeless guy curling out a shite for 25 mins in the centre circle and you'd get 20k at the new place. People just wanna be in there!

You could have a homeless guy curling out a shite for 25 mins in the centre circle and you'd get 20k at the new place. People just wanna be in there!

To be fair, anyone able to spend 25 minutes curling out a shite is worth the admission money. I'm done in about three minutes, and that's when I'm trying to waste time at work.

I went to the last under 23 match. About 300 people there.

So comparing that or a women’s football match is really a no-brainer.
Neither will get anywhere near the twenty thousand needed normally.

The fact thousands of people went to see the stadium with nothing going on just shows the interest there will be.

They could probably put on a spurs tiddlywinks competition and have a huge number of people go there. 20k doable.

50k is another matter altogether. You’d probably have to offer a voucher or similar to members to be in the ballot for the first match back at NWHL. Encourage people to go

I went to the last under 23 match. About 300 people there.

So comparing that or a women’s football match is really a no-brainer.
Neither will get anywhere near the twenty thousand needed normally.

The fact thousands of people went to see the stadium with nothing going on just shows the interest there will be.

They could probably put on a spurs tiddlywinks competition and have a huge number of people go there. 20k doable.

50k is another matter altogether. You’d probably have to offer a voucher or similar to members to be in the ballot for the first match back at NWHL. Encourage people to go

There were several youth matches held at WHL which got 10,000 to 20,000 such as a couple in the now defunct NextGen tournament foir u19's. One of these was I think v Barcleona.

So I think a match v good opposition, maybe an NLD, at NWHL would get 20,000,

But agree those held at training ground only get a few hundred

Back
Top Bottom